The guy is great, just look at his socials. Loves rugby league, was name dropping random amateur clubs in Lincolnshire during the commentary. Compared to most Aussies who either ignore the game up here or rubbish it, he's one of our biggest cheerleaders and carries a lot of weight down under.

If I was in charge of Super League, I'd pay him whatever he wants to emigrate here and be our #1 commentator

Edited by Hughsehhh
  • Like 17

21 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

The guy is great, just look at his socials. Loves rugby league, was name dropping random amateur clubs in Lincolnshire during the commentary. Compared to most Aussies who either ignore the game up here or rubbish it, he's one of our biggest cheerleaders and carries a lot of weight down under.

If I was in charge of Super League, I'd pay him whatever he wants to emigrate here and be our #1 commentator

The Boston Buccaneers must be buzzing off their mention tonight, superb. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

He's doing the game at Warrington tonight. Already been tweeting from the Rodney pub!

Very disappointed he wasn’t in the Three Pigeons round the corner given his enthusiasm for their Halifax namesake (the Halifax one is infinitely superior, mind)

• Like 2

Big fan of Vossy, he has great enthusiasm for the game and a good sense of humour too!

I know that he doesn't need to constantly oversell the game when commentating on the NRL (and he didn't last night by basically saying the last 20 mins was a dead game/garbage), but I'm finding the English commentators are overselling a little or spending alot of time explaining the rules after each play.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DaneH said:

spending alot of time explaining the rules after each play.

But this can only be a good thing when most of the viewers are new to the game. I really don’t mind it on a free to air World Cup. It’s a bit different when on a specific sports channel targeting established fans.

I’m sure even Vossy would be into it if he realised the scale of the expansion job we have on our hands in the U.K.

Edited by Desert Skipper
  • Like 3

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

My mam knows virtually zero about rugby league …. From being around when I’m watching games my mam loves Vossy . Her only reaction to the World Cup was when I told her Vossy was on the commentary team . The only thing she remembers about 2013..? Vossy talking about his food tour of the north . Vossy is ace 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

to be honest enjoyed his commentary on the NZ  game - reeled it in a bit from some of the over-the-top NRL stuff - putting his passion - knowledge and humour over really well - the uk weather may have dampened his over exitement and the greggs sausage roll give him a bit of indegestion - Robbie Paul was shocking though - would like to hear him next time with a better co- commentator 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

He was that good last night that I turned the sound down. It's all well and good being enthusiastic about the game, but the short time I listened to him, there was nothing but ###### coming from him. In this country whoever the commentators are they get ripped to shreds for waffling about anything but the game. As they say one mans meat is another mans poison.

• Thanks 1