1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • Greece by 1 to 6 points
    • Greece by 7 to 12 points
    • Greece by 13 points or more.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/22 at 19:00

3 hours ago, IM2 said:

France will get better everyone needs to remember most teams havent played for ages. so all the under cooked teams will be much better by the quarters, especially Samoa and Fiji 

The best part about this year is it gets the ball rolling again so to speak. NZ will play 8 games if they make the final this year. At worst the likes of Fiji, France, Tonga, Wales, Samoa & PNG will play at least 4-5 games this year, more if they make the finals. 3-4 games should be the minimum aim every year for the top 15-20 or so nations, hopefully we can get structures in place that make that easy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Jouffret and Rouge must come in for Escare and Gigot, who are both completely out of sorts.

100% agree with Rougé coming in for Gigot, I don’t think Escaré should come out though He was great against Tonga and MOTM against Wales. His height let him down last night so he probably won’t improve much against Don Young but I don’t think Jouffret would do much of better job.

2 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

You could see him having a breakdown not knowing where to run. For what its worth Gigot maybe a better fullback as of now.

He looked really strong against Wales which is a lot better side than Greece and looked quite good against Tonga also. He had an unusual off game today, Though But I am worried what Williams Kicking game might to do him next week especially with Dom Young’s chasing Perhaps Gigot should go to fullback and Rougé into the Halves.

If I was France I would line up like this-

1- Gigot (Banned from Kicking)

2-Escaré (On Makinson not Young) Romano looked really poor against Greece I think he should get dropped

3-Laguerre

4-Langi

5-Yaha

6-Mourge

7-Rougé

8-Dezaria

9-Da Costa

10-Seguier : Carries looked really strong I reckon he should get a gig in the middle for France.

11-Jullien

12-Goudemand (Really strong of the bench deserves to be starting)

13-Garcia

14-Pelissier

15-Belmas

16-Sangaré

17-Marion (In over Le Cam, Can cover almost every position in 13 great utility to have on the bench)

Really enjoyed this game. Massive credit to Greece. Gave it their all and at one point it seemed like they had France rattled during the second half. Two very good tries. Can't wait for England-France on Saturday. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

Really enjoyed this game. Massive credit to Greece. Gave it their all and at one point it seemed like they had France rattled during the second half. Two very good tries. Can't wait for England-France on Saturday. 

Even if Mr Wane is as good has his word and plays those squad member's who didn't play against Samoa thus changing 'winning team' they will have far far to much guile and energy for the French, I can't see it being any different to last Saturday the longer the game goes on England will be running tries in for fun.

1 hour ago, SydneyRoosters said:

He looked really strong against Wales which is a lot better side than Greece and looked quite good against Tonga also. He had an unusual off game today, Though But I am worried what Williams Kicking game might to do him next week especially with Dom Young’s chasing Perhaps Gigot should go to fullback and Rougé into the Halves.

If I was France I would line up like this-

1- Gigot (Banned from Kicking)

2-Escaré (On Makinson not Young) Romano looked really poor against Greece I think he should get dropped

3-Laguerre

4-Langi

5-Yaha

6-Mourge

7-Rougé

8-Dezaria

9-Da Costa

10-Seguier : Carries looked really strong I reckon he should get a gig in the middle for France.

11-Jullien

12-Goudemand (Really strong of the bench deserves to be starting)

13-Garcia

14-Pelissier

15-Belmas

16-Sangaré

17-Marion (In over Le Cam, Can cover almost every position in 13 great utility to have on the bench)

With a spine like Lebanon we would be real contenders. Unfortunately, we do not have that luxury.

Romano is slow but he gets a lot of metres in something escare at wing wont do.

1 hour ago, Hvy wg said:

With a spine like Lebanon we would be real contenders. Unfortunately, we do not have that luxury.

Romano is slow but he gets a lot of metres in something escare at wing wont do.

I rate Romano but he is a centre not a winger. He also needs to improve he’s defence massively if so I think he could become a solid SL centre. I think he should look at leaving Catalans and finding a club where he can start every week so he really gets to prove himself.

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

For me, Greece is a potential country where RL could really grow, especially as they now have government recognition, so union wouldn't be able to interfere. We need to build on this and give them more games and opportunity. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, meast said:

That's brilliant but how many away fans would they bring 🤣

Potentially there is an opportunity as Greece are very well supported internationally at sport.

For example Omonia Nicosia (I know it's Greek Cypriot and soccer) took over 5,000 fans to Old Trafford. 

I think there is real potential with Greece, especially with the diaspora and option of players in Australia.