1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga by 13 points or more
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 15:00

1 minute ago, unapologetic pedant said:

That call perfectly illustrates everything that`s wrong with all this Phil Gould "little bobble" c##p.

Ashley Klein`s on-field no-try call was at the root of it. NRL refs always assume there must be something wrong when the ball hits the ground.

And I get the feeling English VRs are reluctant to overrule an NRL official. 

It didn't even cross Hick's mind despite being very clear. It was obvious on the first viewing.

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

I’m not sure what you mean by this so I may be missing something. If you are in front of the ball and it goes forward and you pick it up you are offside. 

But if a player loses the ball backwards then you are not offside. It was ruled as a knock on so he was offside. I am disputing the knock on decision. ( as it is now written on the chop paper I am wrong AGAIN!)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I think James Graham is clutching at straws if he thinks Dylan Napa is going to save the day.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Bearman said:

But if a player loses the ball backwards then you are not offside. It was ruled as a knock on so he was offside. I am disputing the knock on decision. ( as it is now written on the chop paper I am wrong AGAIN!)

I get you now. 

Just now, Damien said:

I can't believe that was a penalty try. The bar has always been considerably higher than that.

I'm perfectly happy that we lower the bar and give penalty tries for that. 

But as things stand, we have set the bar really high. 

• Like 2