1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

5 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

We have no chance. Zero.

The difference between where we are now and winning a WC is 2 eighty minute performances , and whatever bounce of the ball you might get in those160 minutes 

Addo Carr's catch was incredible , they could try to to replicate it 20 times tomorrow and not get it as good 

The try by Samoa today with Paolo's offload was just madness 

Again they could try try 20 times and not get it as good tomorrow 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Why will they be significantly worse? I think England can be far better. All of the younger players on show in this World Cup will be 3 years older and wiser and there are no older players that they will particularly miss.

Yeah. Except I remember telling myself this many times over the years. I remember for instance, Laurie Daley saying after the 1997 Series that he thought our young players were great and it wasn't long until they would be beating Australia. 

Ermm. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

The difference between where we are now and winning a WC is 2 eighty minute performances , and whatever bounce of the ball you might get in those160 minutes 

Addo Carr's catch was incredible , they could try to to replicate it 20 times tomorrow and not get it as good 

And yet....we never manage to do the same when it matters.

• Like 1

I watched the game again.

I thought the spirit and togetherness of Samoa was very impressive. Whenever the forwards struggled to make ground, Luai joined the centre and wingers to make little triangles so they could find space and relieve pressure.

They also looked more organised for golden point, Luai and Crichton were telling the other players what to do.

Samoa also learnt well from their opening day defeat. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Why will they be significantly worse? I think England can be far better. All of the younger players on show in this World Cup will be 3 years older and wiser and there are no older players that they will particularly miss.

Yes. Full spine will be different, only Welsby still there probably. Who is coming through in those positions? Our best players have been burgess, hill, whitehead and Radley. I’ll bet that none of them will play in 2025 for different reasons. Who replaces them? 

I think we’ll be really poor in 3 years, but hope I’m wrong, as always.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

A real shame that Sneyd didn't play today. At times, somebody needed to take control and slow the team's heart rate right down. There were a ridiculous number of early kicks by overexcited players with heavy boots on. No pressure was built at all. The number of times we kicked dead was criminal. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

That Samoa try was overworked. They had a several man overlap and Paulo thought he could run over the top. They should score that every time and it was only the George Williams tackle that made it look miraculous. They deserved a try at that point as they were on top. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3736-mipm.gif

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

That Samoa try was overworked. They had a several man overlap and Paulo thought he could run over the top. They should score that every time and it was only the George Williams tackle that made it look miraculous. They deserved a try at that point as they were on top. 

Opinions as ever 

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

It might be but it’s frustrating. I could feel this coming, we’re a small sport with a small mentality over here. I’ve loved Shaun Wane during this tournament but he lost it today, angry every time the camera was on him, taking blokes off because he was mad not for tactical reasons. 

We had it too easy up to this point.

I agree, today it was Wane and the players' fault.

A total failure. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

3 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

A real shame that Sneyd didn't play today. At times, somebody needed to take control and slow the team's heart rate right down. There were a ridiculous number of early kicks by overexcited players with heavy boots on. No pressure was built at all. The number of times we kicked dead was criminal. 

Completely agree but not sure Sneyd would have solved it on his own. It seemed like a team mentality due to not knowing what to do against a team we’d beat 60-6 3 weeks earlier.

3736-mipm.gif

Just back (Via the pub and Indian:)

Enjoyed the game nice atmosphere in the last 20 mins.

40000 no way if it was 30000 i would be surprised.

Lovely stadium (Spurs and Arsenal must be the best 2 now in the UK leaves Wembley for dead)

Hospitality dreadful 

Drinks expensive

Ticketing total fiasco (As it has been throughout the entire tournament) 

Apart from the match zero crowd inter-action flat as a pancake 

Question is who is covering the loses which could come out at around - 4 Million (SL clubs are going to be very nervous) as with this new joint venture where will the liability fall?

P

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I agree. Today, the kicking game was a disaster.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Yes. Full spine will be different, only Welsby still there probably. Who is coming through in those positions? Our best players have been burgess, hill, whitehead and Radley. I’ll bet that none of them will play in 2025 for different reasons. Who replaces them? 

Why do you think Radley won't play? 

59 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

How many years did it take for the England football team to make a final.l? Decades. Yet the fans were still there. The fans that we have will still be there, and there will still be fans to attract in the future. No need for such hysterics. Today was stil a disappointment nonetheless. 

But football has more competitive teams than rl. 

England rl's problem is being part of a sport with very few competitive team and still not being able to win.

18 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

It is no good for a truly international game for one league to call the shots. 

I agree wholeheartedly. Super League needs to improve, and improve rapidly.

If it doesn't, Fiji and PNG will soon be dominating the English in the same way the Toa did today. Tonga and Samoa will be out of sight.

6 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

Why do you think Radley won't play? 

Think he’ll have had enough of no games and probably getting a NSW jumper. Feel like this was a one off for him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3736-mipm.gif

33 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

England will be significantly worse in 3 years and you’ll be able to revel in it again. Only 3 years til you feel something again

The old cherry.

How will we replace Matthews and Lawton.

Tosh. 

9 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I don't see any of the older players as being losses. We are not talking about players like Roby and Sam Burgess here. Whitehead maybe but he was selected this year on past form rather than his club form this season. There is no reason why Radley wont be available in 2025. Tomkins and McIlorum shouldn't have been selections this year and I can't believe we can't do better than them in 3 years.

• Thanks 2