Wakefield pitch

• 2 weeks later...

On 05/03/2023 at 18:16, OMEGA said:

I can tell you that every single Huddersfield player came off with some level of leg damage from the pitch. The medical staff worked overtime treating, bathing, covering burns & damaged skin with lots of anti septics used. 
No one was horrendously hurt but all had some level of damage

Edit from a BBC Report, post match.

However, unlike the Catalans squad, most of his players were okay:

Speaking after the game, Ian Watson confirmed that some of his players, such as Theo Fages, used protective clothing for the game but even that tore. He’s split his tights, he’s got a hole in them but other than that everyone looks pretty good to be fair,” he said

Because we play on it I think we’re a little more battle hardened

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 05/03/2023 at 18:16, OMEGA said:

I can tell you that every single Huddersfield player came off with some level of leg damage from the pitch. The medical staff worked overtime treating, bathing, covering burns & damaged skin with lots of anti septics used. 
No one was horrendously hurt but all had some level of damage

Correct, i interviewed Theo Fages a few days after and he was still in pain and said he kept catching his scabs in training and making it worse again, there really isn't any excuse for a professional sports club to be causing these kind of injuries to other players, spend some money and/or move games till it's ready, it ain't hard!!

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

The Wakefield v Hull KR game has been dropped from TV on 24th March due to pitch concerns, Wigan v Salford on instead now

On the one hand that probably isn't too bad for Wakey to have a home game reversed so that in all likelihood the majority of the ground will be open at the new date.

However it is still pretty bad that this is happening to a new pitch at the top flight. The groundsmen must be livid. 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

On the one hand that probably isn't too bad for Wakey to have a home game reversed so that in all likelihood the majority of the ground will be open at the new date.

However it is still pretty bad that this is happening to a new pitch at the top flight. The groundsmen must be livid. 

The home game isn't being reversed. Sky have just changed the televised game because Wakefield will need another pitch inspection and Sky can't risk the game being called off at short notice.

4 minutes ago, Nothus said:

The home game isn't being reversed. Sky have just changed the televised game because Wakefield will need another pitch inspection and Sky can't risk the game being called off at short notice.

I get that, but I know there has been talk of it happening too.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I get that, but I know there has been talk of it happening too.

Opposition clubs tend to be pretty reluctant on reversing fixtures at the last minute due to the impact on ticket sales, if pitch inspections are unsuccessful I'd say it's more likely the game would be played at Fev or postponed

5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Opposition clubs tend to be pretty reluctant on reversing fixtures at the last minute due to the impact on ticket sales, if pitch inspections are unsuccessful I'd say it's more likely the game would be played at Fev or postponed

Or Dewsbury!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

The Wakefield v Hull KR game has been dropped from TV on 24th March due to pitch concerns, Wigan v Salford on instead now

"Sky Sports need more notice on a location change than we will bother to give the opposing club or their supporters, and so we have changed the TV fixture"

Amateurs

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

Good news all round. 

Maybe Wakefield can reschedule it from Friday to Sunday? Would further increase crowd, on top of it not being televised, and get another 1mm of grass growth.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

If there’s still so much up in the air regarding their pitch, their ability to finish the season will surely come into question at some point given the options that are likely to them. 

Tough year for Wakefield, which is a shame. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

whats the long term benefit of these hybrid pitches? as opposed to  proper grass?

When they bed in properly they are far superior surfaces and hold together better under use. From the looks of it the Wakefield one has been rushed in poor growing weather then over used in preseason so the natural grass hasn't grown in well enough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

When they bed in properly they are far superior surfaces and hold together better under use. From the looks of it the Wakefield one has been rushed in poor growing weather then over used in preseason so the natural grass hasn't grown in well enough.

a bit like luke gales hair?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 hours ago, daz39 said:

Correct, i interviewed Theo Fages a few days after and he was still in pain and said he kept catching his scabs in training and making it worse again, there really isn't any excuse for a professional sports club to be causing these kind of injuries to other players, spend some money and/or move games till it's ready, it ain't hard!!

I noticed last week how many of our lads had bandages, patches over their knees, it looked terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

whats the long term benefit of these hybrid pitches? as opposed to  proper grass?

They are less prone to wear , and you can ( providing you look after them ) get more usage out of them 

• Like 1