Wakefield pitch

4 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

God, I HATE those fake pitches.

This isn't a ' fake ' pitch , it's a hybrid , once established it's 95% natural grass

2 ways of doing it , lay a normal natural pitch which when established is stitched with plastic to reinforce it 

This is done the other way , lay a mat of plastic that has had natural grass grown round it prior to laying , but it does need time for the natural growing process to build up to the required levels , obviously this looks like it hasn't been given the time for that to happen 

Every single Premier League pitch and every major ' grass ' pitch in the world is a hybrid of one sort of another 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

This isn't a ' fake ' pitch , it's a hybrid , once established it's 95% natural grass

2 ways of doing it , lay a normal natural pitch which when established is stitched with plastic to reinforce it 

This is done the other way , lay a mat of plastic that has had natural grass grown round it prior to laying , but it does need time for the natural growing process to build up to the required levels , obviously this looks like it hasn't been given the time for that to happen 

Every single Premier League pitch and every major ' grass ' pitch in the world is a hybrid of one sort of another 

Exactly. Nothing wrong inherently with the idea of the pitch it's just the execution of the laying of it. They needed to spend some money on the lights or tonmove the first set of games it's sadly just that simple. 

It will be a great pitch once the grass grows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Let's see what the next few days bring. Any complaints of sore knees? Infections? Missing heads? 

Plenty of cut knees and elbows last night but credit to both teams they accepted it and moved on. Think there is only one home game scheduled between now and mid April. Hopefully that will give it chance to recover. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Plenty of cut knees and elbows last night but credit to both teams they accepted it and moved on. Think there is only one home game scheduled between now and mid April. Hopefully that will give it chance to recover. 

Well I'll be getting the mower out this weekend , so hopefully ( as long as they keep off it ) it will be ok 

PS , still think the suggested usage hours seems a bit too much IMO 

Edited by GUBRATS

6 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Looking at forcast next week, another clod snap. That won't help. But there is still enough time for improvement between now and next home game. I would have thought it would be prudent to keep well off it till then, not only games but training.

9 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Players have seen the results of previous games not sure why they aernt all wearing Skins/ thermals under their kit. 

• Like 1

Was a bit like a 1960s Butlins Nobbly Knees competition but with the cameras waiting at the pitch exit for the bloodiest in this case.

Glamourous Granny next home game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 03/03/2023 at 08:08, RP London said:

Exactly. Nothing wrong inherently with the idea of the pitch it's just the execution of the laying of it. They needed to spend some money on the lights or tonmove the first set of games it's sadly just that simple. 

It will be a great pitch once the grass grows.

I'm assuming the reason Wakefield didn't move to an other ground for half a season while the building work was done and pitch bedded in was they would lose too much money - from the bars etc

Wakefield must really be operating hand to mouth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I'm assuming the reason Wakefield didn't move to an other ground for half a season while the building work was done and pitch bedded in was they would lose too much money - from the bars etc

That's some detective work there Sherlock. 🔍

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

9 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Given what they're trying to achieve then it's probably understandable , major projects can easily run away cost wise , it's fairly common knowledge they aren't awash with cash , so it makes it a difficult situation , they've made a mistake , as long as they are careful now weather permitting they should be ok 

16 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

In which case get the lamps in... its going to cost money but they should have known that and built it into the pitch costs when they planned for it. 

Either way planting it when they did, which i know they couldn't help, has added costs to it.. thats just life. 

• Like 1

I can tell you that every single Huddersfield player came off with some level of leg damage from the pitch. The medical staff worked overtime treating, bathing, covering burns & damaged skin with lots of anti septics used. 
No one was horrendously hurt but all had some level of damage

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 03/03/2023 at 07:32, GUBRATS said:

is Old Trafford or Wembley hybrid?

18 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

is Old Trafford or Wembley hybrid?

Wembley is yes , when the LSV pitch was being done ( stitched by Desso Grass master ) around 2010 I think I was watching the machines and chatting to the guys doing it , they were off to Wembley the following week

As I put earlier this was the first system where you lay a ' normal pitch , let it get established for a year or two I'm guessing as the LSV and Wembley pitches were about that old , and then they bring in the machines and ' stitch ' individual strands of plastic into the substrate , it helps to hold the pitch together and improves drainage , every summer it needs about 4/5 of not being used while work to scarify the old growth and then recover 

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes they are but I daresay they invest a heck of a lot more into their maintenance and ensuring they are right than Wakefield can afford to do.

And they don't get overused hence why reserves and women's teams normally play at other venues 

2 hours ago, OMEGA said:

I can tell you that every single Huddersfield player came off with some level of leg damage from the pitch. The medical staff worked overtime treating, bathing, covering burns & damaged skin with lots of anti septics used. 
No one was horrendously hurt but all had some level of damage

Can you tell us about every single Wakefield player.

Up the Trin