1 hour ago, thebrewxi said:

It is now 🙂

I heard it as wild speculation a few weeks back now the raiders haveva large hole there next year. He's so good the nrl clubs must be sniffing around. In less troubled times I suspect there would be wild speculation he'd be going to union! Thank god that door's closed.

That’s a positive of the rise of the NRL. Any speculation is now about NRL rather than RU which keeps players in RL

• Like 2

On 29/05/2023 at 18:07, Dunbar said:

I agree, but for the purposes of this discussions it is hardly relevant.

A certain forum member (well, a couple) made a really bad assessment of Young, and showed that they don't have any ability to spot Rugby League talent, and is clutching at straws to try and reclaim any relevance in the discussion by lumping a World Cup semi final loss onto him.

absolute garbage post - these forums are becoming staid and glib much like the game itself - even origin was a shadow of its former self today - may be time to move on to pastures new

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

absolute garbage post - these forums are becoming staid and glib much like the game itself - even origin was a shadow of its former self today - may be time to move on to pastures new

Tell me which part I was wrong about.

The part where you made a bad assessment of Young ("a clumsy liability" wasn't it?).

Or the part where you laid the semi final exit at his feet ("if he was at the stage he is now... then we would have made the final").

Tell me which part I was wrong about and I will take it back.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Tell me which part I was wrong about.

The part where you made a bad assessment of Young ("a clumsy liability" wasn't it?).

Or the part where you laid the semi final exit at his feet ("if he was at the stage he is now... then we would have made the final").

Tell me which part I was wrong about and I will take it back.

apology accepted - forget about it - life's too short mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

apology accepted - forget about it - life's too short mate

Great response.

You are right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Great response.

You are right.

its a debating forum mate - sometimes we are wrong - sometimes we a are right - sometimes maybe even half right or half wrong - thats what it is - thats what these places are about

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Two more try’s and an assist in todays match Vs Brisbane Broncos

Including England games his record in the top flight reads like this:   

Dom Young   
Height 6’7”   
Weight 17st
Played 44 Matches   
Scored 43 try’s 

Not bad for young lad still only 21 years old playing on the other side of the world in the highest standard of Rugby (either code) on the planet.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Two more try’s and an assist in todays match Vs Brisbane Broncos

Including England games his record in the top flight reads like this:   

Dom Young   
Height 6’7”   
Weight 17st
Played 44 Matches   
Scored 43 try’s 

Not bad for young lad still only 21 years old playing on the other side of the world in the highest standard of Rugby (either code) on the planet.  

Not only that, but he's been playing for a club that has, until very recently, been rubbish. Similar to Farnworth, who made most of his appearances in a terrible Broncos side that has only recently looked competitive. The adversity will have done them good.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not only that, but he's been playing for a club that has, until very recently, been rubbish. Similar to Farnworth, who made most of his appearances in a terrible Broncos side that ha sonly recently looked competitive. The adversity will have done them good.

Yeh but …

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not only that, but he's been playing for a club that has, until very recently, been rubbish. Similar to Farnworth, who made most of his appearances in a terrible Broncos side that ha sonly recently looked competitive. The adversity will have done them good.

The NRL is full of great athletes but Farnworth and Young are right at the top of the list.  They are both very very good Rugby League players and with attention to their games they will only get better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dunbar said:

The NRL is full of great athletes but Farnworth and Young are right at the top of the list.  They are both very very good Rugby League players and with attention to their games they will only get better.

Farnworth is the best centre in the game right now. I don't follow SL much but I'd put Young just behind Isaako for wingers in the NRL this year

Edited by HartwoodHarvard

24 minutes ago, Damien said:

Another couple of tries for Young today. He actually now sits joint top try scorer, along with Sivo, on 16:

Which means he’s now averaging a try a game in the top flight of Rugby League including England games.

Played 45 Try’s 45

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Just now, AB90 said:

Dom Young just scored a try against the Dragons in what is one of the greatest and most acrobatic put downs in the history of the sport!

Broke the Knights season tryscoring record at the same time.

Does that make him equal top try-scorer for 2023 with Isaako?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Does that make him equal top try-scorer for 2023 with Isaako?

I don't think so. Isaako was 3 ahead going into this round I think and got one more today.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I don't think so. Isaako was 3 ahead found into this round I think and got one more today.

Ah, ok. Then again, the Dolphins' season is over, so what's the try-scoring record for the regular season plus playoffs?

Ralph Waldo Emerson