Radford gets the boot

Cas win the game v Saints and he is heralded, anyone who watched the Saints game cannot apportion the loss to Mr Radford, you could say his coaching methods worked in that his team made clear cut chances but bad execution and recieving of the final pass which are basic elements of the game cost Cas that game.

• Like 6

Odd timing though this, aren't Cas on telly this weekend? Radford normally prefers to be sacked on the pitch on telly after the match. Well that's what my mate Adam told me anyway

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, RP London said:

Can i be the first to mention Leigh... got to imagine their start to the season and how they have generally looked are/will give some owners a few more squeaky bum moments.. 

talking of squeaky bum.. westerman and radford's handling of it cant have helped either.

Would've thought Cas were still aiming for top 6, rather than top 11.

3 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Would've thought Cas were still aiming for top 6, rather than top 11.

pretty sure people were saying the same about Warrington this time last year... look how that turned out.. with a stronger leigh etc do you really want to wait too long, that plus off the field stuff means the trigger gets pulled quicker.. 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He played the Westerman incident very poorly I thought.... Not saying that is why he is going but it's an indicator he isn't thinking the way a professional leader should think 

Which bit? I thought Cas got on top of the incident quite quickly.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Interesting. I have heard Westerman is playing quite well. Of course the fact he was in that position a week put from the season does not scream 'professional and focused environment'

Radford has quite a nonchalant and slightly odd style in interviews but that was quite well known from his time at Hull.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Interesting. I have heard Westerman is playing quite well. Of course the fact he was in that position a week put from the season does not scream 'professional and focused environment'

Radford has quite a nonchalant and slightly odd style in interviews but that was quite well known from his time at Hull.

Picking westerman to play was very poor judgement. 

The fact that westerman was out drinking for 15 hours would be enough for me to terminate his contract, no matter what else he did

So it sent the wrong messages to eveyone, and i myself questioned Radfords approach 

• Like 3

Cas seem a generally well run club. Compared to others with more resources they compete well most of the time. I would think their senior management have just seen enough.

I know some might say its a bit too much like football acting so quickly, but we've seen time and again management wait too long before acting as well. 

At least this way they get to bring someone in who will have almost a full season to turn things around.

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Wigan saints and a narrow loss to Hull away. Not sure which one of those games was supposed to be a win tbh. 

The voice of reason.

I think Radford has done more than enough to hold down a head coach spot, and absolutely to survive 3 consecutive losses. I'm certain it's more about him deciding not to extend into 2024 and the club wanting to get on with things. Not how I'd handle a transition, but hey-ho. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Wigan saints and a narrow loss to Hull away. Not sure which one of those games was supposed to be a win tbh. 

Only attraction of the job would be Wakey look so bad you have a really good stab of staying up and are unlikely to get sacked. Take the job then quit at end of season with your stock high

I expect its not that they lost to those 3 teams, more the manner in which they lost. Radford`s "style" is terrible to watch, his teams never seemingly have an actual gameplan other than run hard at them in the middle and hope someone does something off the cuff. 

• Like 1

Looks like he could well be off to the NRL according to the Dull Daily Wail.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/lee-radfords-next-coaching-move-8217565

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I've just read elsewhere on the internet that Westerman has been appointed as the in to rim coach.

• Haha 11
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

If Fev come up they will be fishing in the same pond with a similar budget. If its Toulouse with no covid restrictions they will be able to bring in some monsters from the NRL.

But what you suggest of locking Toulouse in SL they will not need the NRL monsters will they? 

25 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Looks like he could well be off to the NRL according to the Dull Daily Wail.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/lee-radfords-next-coaching-move-8217565

It looks like he was already off to NRL as an assistant after his Samoa stint, so to me this looks like his head/heart just wasn't in it this season - he skipped a big chunk of preseason to go celebrate in Samoa and has come off quite indifferent in some of his interviews so it's probably a wise move for all parties to get him out the door. Interested to see who they get in to replace him, not exactly ideal circumstances for a new coach to come in without any chance to recruit.