Sat 1st-Sun 2nd Apr: The Betfred Challenge Cup Fourth Round Match Thread

24 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Your in Richmond and you was able to get a burger for only 6 quid.... Lucky boy, its usually over a tenner

No, Red Rooster was in Richmond-on-Thames.Ā  Richmond is in Yorkshire!

That's a hell of a result for Dewsbury.

• Like 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, Ā£7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a Ā£2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 hours ago, Tubby said:

Quite. Ā But they didnā€™t have the advantage of rewinding and rewatching it four or five times.Ā 

So they have to do it in real time, you are sat in your armchair with all the technology at hand, case closed, they gave what they saw, which is what they should do.

Ā 

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Ā 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Ā  With Fev not having a game i went and thought Dewsbury totally outplayed Widnes.Sykes who has ditched his 40 number and is back in a number 6 one organised well and his long pass set up Dewsbury's first try.Butterworth the hooker was a real box of tricks and had a superb game.I also liked Greensmith in the left centre and number 8 forward Becket.with Turner at scrum half doing the out of hand kicking he also played well.Widnes probably thought they would win without too much effort and Dewsburys work rate and spirit overwhelmed them.I enjoyed the game it's a tidy little ground.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, tim2 said:

York probably deserved that because of how they dominated the 13 v 13. If Sheffield had tackled like they did in the last 20 minutes in the first 20, they wouldn't have had such problems.

If Kidmanā€™s wasnā€™t sent off

if there was a sin bin/ sending off for the trip on marsh

had we kicked our goals

all ilffs and butsĀ 

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 minutes ago, DEANO said:

If Kidmanā€™s wasnā€™t sent off

if there was a sin bin/ sending off for the trip on marsh

had we kicked our goals

all ilffs and butsĀ 

The game was won in the first 20 when Sheffield showed York (and themselves) zero respect. The only way back from that was handed to them by the red card and they still couldn't take it.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

32 minutes ago, Padge said:

So they have to do it in real time, you are sat in your armchair with all the technology at hand, case closed, they gave what they saw, which is what they should do.

Ā 

It wasnā€™t a criticism of the officials, merely an observation of my opinion on the ā€˜foul playā€™ after several replays. I can however see how youā€™d assume it was in this placeā€¦

In all honesty, I didnā€™t even notice the contact live, and had to replay several times to form an opinion, I also generally think we would be better allowing the on-field officials to make all decisions, without referral to a video ref and just accept that they can only give what they see.Ā 

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Ā  With Fev not having a game i went and thought Dewsbury totally outplayed Widnes.Sykes who has ditched his 40 number and is back in a number 6 one organised well and his long pass set up Dewsbury's first try.Butterworth the hooker was a real box of tricks and had a superb game.I also liked Greensmith in the left centre and number 8 forward Becket.with Turner at scrum half doing the out of hand kicking he also played well.Widnes probably thought they would win without too much effort and Dewsburys work rate and spirit overwhelmed them.I enjoyed the game it's a tidy little ground.

Cheers appreciatedĀ 

Glad you had a good day out šŸ‘šŸ‘

We've something special this season

Ā 

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

It wasnā€™t a criticism of the officials, merely an observation of my opinion on the ā€˜foul playā€™ after several replays. I can however see how youā€™d assume it was in this placeā€¦

In all honesty, I didnā€™t even notice the contact live, and had to replay several times to form an opinion, I also generally think we would be better allowing the on-field officials to make all decisions, without referral to a video ref and just accept that they can only give what they see.Ā 

Video ref?

Today?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

But fans won't accept that when a try is involved and cameras show it wasn't a try, you have to ban TV replays..

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Ā 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

14 minutes ago, Tubby said:

No, in general.Ā 

Well, all the games are reviewed after the weekend, so it might save a player from being sent off but he'll still be suspended.

Head injuries are in the news, criteria are changing, so get used to it. Having said that, I haven't seen Kirmond's challenge, so I make no comment on that and comment only generally.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Standard performance from Fax this season today, create enough chances to win a game in the first half and then fall asleep in the second and give the opposition a chance. Poor quality of game, pretty poor performance from Fax and really never looked like losing once we were in front but my god we need to up our standards.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Griff said:

Well, all the games are reviewed after the weekend, so it might save a player from being sent off but he'll still be suspended.

Head injuries are in the news, criteria are changing, so get used to it. Having said that, I haven't seen Kirmond's challenge, so I make no comment on that and comment only generally.

Iā€™m not entirely sure thatā€™s germane to my point. Not all matches have a video ref and in my opinion, that means none should. Foul play missed by the on field officials may be picked up by this MRP. Ā This is no less incentive to avoid foul play. Ā I said nothing about attacks to the head going unpunished. In short, Iā€™ve got ā€˜used to itā€™.Ā 

Edited by Tubby

12 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Standard performance from Fax this season today, create enough chances to win a game in the first half and then fall asleep in the second and give the opposition a chance. Poor quality of game, pretty poor performance from Fax and really never looked like losing once we were in front but my god we need to up our standards.

Should be a good game against Bull's and a decent crowd.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Griff said:

It was contact to the head, from the blind side, with something around the elbow area. Not particularly late, maybe a fraction, and I think the intent was to hit Aston hard. Which is OK, but you'd better make sure you get it right. Kirmond didn't. As you say, this is the new normal, and in fact it may get stricter.Ā 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, Padge said:

But fans won't accept that when a try is involved and cameras show it wasn't a try, you have to ban TV replays..

I donā€™t mean to sound flippant, but hard luck. Fans donā€™t, and shouldnā€™t, dictate how the game is refereed.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Fans donā€™t, and shouldnā€™t, dictate how the game is refereed.

That really would be the fastest way to reintroduce the death penalty. But with all the players decomposing well before kick-off, you wouldn't have a game at all.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Scrappy first half for us, Midlands played well. Nice fans too. Turgot played. Happy with result obviously, here's to next Monday..... vs Fax.

Weird the timing because it was pretty much the same week last season where everyone had wrote Fax off and people started talking about Bradford. The win seemed to change our season and ruined Bradford's and this season seems very similar.