Sun 11th June : SL : Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leeds Rhinos

Discuss the SL game between Wakefield Trinity and Leeds Rhinos here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• ckn pinned this topic

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I've got a really really bad feeling about this one.

Leeds down on troops, Luke Gale Debut, Big Bopper home second debut, massive banana skin vibes!

Trinity have 

Tanginoa, Langi, Murphy, Whitbread, Lyne, Gaskell, Croft, Atoni all injured.

Also, Hood banned. 

id say trinity are as much of not more down on troops like at magic but it rarely gets recognised. 

If trinity get a couple back like Whitbread and Langi/Lyne then maybe there’s a chance but we can’t finish our sets and our ball discipline is so poor we won’t give ourselves a chance. 

I hope we bring in a couple of young players like Shaw, Pratt or Law.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Trinity have 

Also, Hood banned. 

id say trinity are as much of not more down on troops like at magic but it rarely gets recognised. 

If trinity get a couple back like Whitbread and Langi/Lyne then maybe there’s a chance but we can’t finish our sets and our ball discipline is so poor we won’t give ourselves a chance. 

Ive still got bad vibes about it from a Leeds perspective.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ive still got bad vibes about it from a Leeds perspective.

I must admit I was there at magic and it was alarming how in a 15 minute spell Leeds gifted the game to Cas at every opportunity. I didn’t think it could get worse… until we played.

I really hope we can pull a win out of the bag.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

I've got a really really bad feeling about this one.

Leeds down on troops, Luke Gale Debut, Big Bopper home second debut, massive banana skin vibes!

Please God , make it happen 😂

1 hour ago, Trojan Horse said:

Trinity have 

Also, Hood banned. 

When you in the gutter , nobody recognises anything , other than you're in a gutter 🙄

2 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Trinity have 

Lynne, Gaskell, Whitbread all in the frame to potentially return.

3 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Trinity have 

Also, Hood banned. 

After reading alot of twitter comments, it seems as though alot of fans are boycotting the game. I can't blame them now. Who would want to see us get thrashed by our bitter enemy, certainly not me. Fans deserve better, Applegarth can only play with what he's got i know but no change after the Leigh game, if he had any morals he would walk.

4 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

After reading alot of twitter comments, it seems as though alot of fans are boycotting the game. I can't blame them now. Who would want to see us get thrashed by our bitter enemy, certainly not me. Fans deserve better, Applegarth can only play with what he's got i know but no change after the Leigh game, if he had any morals he would walk.

Just what exactly do you want a new coach to do ? 

6 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

if he had any morals he would walk.

I know things need to change, but morals will not pay his mortgage , support his family and make him destitute

Anyhow back to Leeds game, Leeds win just a margin that is the doubt. Last time I looked bookies had Trin with 14 start

Edited by Agbrigg

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Just what exactly do you want a new coach to do ? 

Mark Applegarths post match comments on the team focused on them playing as individuals rather than a team, i'd suggest that's probably a head coaches first task and if he can't get them doing that, regardless of their skill level(or lack thereof), then he probably needs to find a different role in the sport.

5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Mark Applegarths post match comments on the team focused on them playing as individuals rather than a team, i'd suggest that's probably a head coaches first task and if he can't get them doing that, regardless of their skill level(or lack thereof), then he probably needs to find a different role in the sport.

35 different players already 

42 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I know things need to change, but morals will not pay his mortgage , support his family and make him destitute

Anyhow back to Leeds game, Leeds win just a margin that is the doubt. Last time I looked bookies had Trin with 14 start

No I totally get that, I'm all for giving someone a chance but this is gone on for far too long.

With what I gather now, I honestly think we're not going anywhere, I mean why would Mason Lino sign a 3 year contract. We will have something in place if worse comes to the worse.

As for Sunday, there is not a cats in hells chance we are going to match them with all those big name players missing. It's upto individuals if they want to waste their hard earned money on seeing us collapse again, I know I certainly don't. 

Aside from seeing that Wakey have had terrible results so far, I'm a bit at a loss to understand why they've dropped from last season. Is it players, coach or a combination of both? It might be very unlikely, but all isn't lost yet, if things turned positive. What do Wakey fans think is needed/can be done this year?

53 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

How in the world any Leeds fans can say they’re worried about this game is beyond me. Wakefield have shown nothing all season. I have absolutely no hope of a win

It would just be a very Leeds thing to do to lose to the bottom two in the league, we also don't really have a great record at Belle Vue.