TV Deal to conclude end of June

4 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

It says FTA to continue but no details yet on who/how many.

If we get more games on FTA and ability to have a sort of PPV for non-televised game streams (with coverage funded by Sky including commentators, video refs etc) it might not be so bad actually.

I'd certainly pay for a " season ticket" to watch non-televised games live if they were decent production values.

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'd be surprised if Sky are broadcasting all games. I think it's poor if we have given them 6 games for less than the price of 2. 

I expect it'll mean streaming. 

If Sky are paying for the cost of broadcast quality of coverage of all SL games, whether 6 games or 7, and they are made available to stream for additional revenue, then any modest reduction could be more than offset.

• Like 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

36 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

It says FTA to continue but no details yet on who/how many.

Interesting that it specifies FTA which I’m assuming means there’s some sort of agreement preventing us from selling a couple of games to the likes of TNT or Amazon. Without that the best we can hope for is a game a week on channel 4 with the rest of the games on our league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Interesting that it specifies FTA which I’m assuming means there’s some sort of agreement preventing us from selling a couple of games to the likes of TNT or Amazon. Without that the best we can hope for is a game a week on channel 4 with the rest of the games on our league. 

A game a week on C4 along with a highlights show would be very positive.

• Like 7

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I assumed this too 

Waiting for the season pass deal to be announced for all non Sky/C4 games .....I am pretty sure this will happen 

It'll be interesting to see how they play this. I'd be surprised if Sky would support a deal that sees 3 or 4 live, exclusive games per week for a cost substantially less than for Sky Sports. 

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

How many people are crying out for more than two to three games a week when they also have dozens of soccer and other sports alternatives already paid for?

I'd be interested to know this too 

The obvious market is that there are a lot if fans who will pay for their own teams away fixtures twice a month. This is given most fans don't got to away fixtures. Also there must be a sizeable amount of SL team fans who don't watch regular home games.for whatever reason (location, transport, disability??).....so just for the actual fans of teams it is interesting to know who will start paying for games on tv 

Then there are the tragics like us lot...personally if all games get broadcast in some format I'll probably watch all of them each week.....probably spread out through the week 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It'll be interesting to see how they play this. I'd be surprised if Sky would support a deal that sees 3 or 4 live, exclusive games per week for a cost substantially less than for Sky Sports. 

Why else would they film every game to broadcast standard?

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'd be interested to know this too 

The obvious market is that there are a lot if fans who will pay for their own teams away fixtures twice a month. This is given most fans don't got to away fixtures. Also there must be a sizeable amount of SL team fans who don't watch regular home games.for whatever reason (location, transport, disability??).....so just for the actual fans of teams it is interesting to know who will start paying for games on tv 

Then there are the tragics like us lot...personally if all games get broadcast in some format I'll probably watch all of them each week.....probably spread out through the week 

As someone who works from home, this would be a dream for me... 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting no confirmation of the actual amount Sky are paying yet, presumably that could flex slightly in the 30 day discussion period. Expect we'll then get to hear about FTA and any streaming plans etc.

I wonder if Ch4 might be persuaded to stump up some cash given the success of their broadcasts if Sky are doing all the production.

2 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Interesting no confirmation of the actual amount Sky are paying yet, presumably that could flex slightly in the 30 day discussion period. Expect we'll then get to hear about FTA and any streaming plans etc.

I wonder if Ch4 might be persuaded to stump up some cash given the success of their broadcasts if Sky are doing all the production.

Thats leaves plenty of time to spin it out 😞

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

BT did for the union and their deal is a fair bit more 

I would expect the deal for lower money includes this 

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Devil in the detail as always. Negotiation is going to take a while I guess.

As you say, why get sky only for RL if there are more games elsewhere and it is cheaper? That would point towards a high streaming price?

If watching the game on OurLeague is much cheaper than going to the ground, how does that affect attendances? That might also point towards a high streaming price?

If the price is high, how many people actually will pay for it? I've seen games broadcast for free on youtube to literally tens of fans.

How much of the streaming income goes to Sky/The RFL/The clubs/A.N Other?

Who decides when games are played, if a game is on TV you lose ticket sales but pick up money elsewhere, one may be more than the other? If a game is streamed what are the benefits financially to the clubs involved, previous TV deals for lower leagues have seemed to cost more than they bring in.

26 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Why else would they film every game to broadcast standard?

Well, the price of Our League streaming SL games has so far exceeded the cost of Sky Sports price per game. But I don't think OurLeague pricing feels right just now. 

And we'll see what the detail is, on pricing, channel, how many games Sky show etc. 

Edited by Dave T

every SL game broadcast! plus easy access to replays of the weekends NRL - not to mention the championship on via play and the WNRL - if any forum members here want me to recommend a good divorce lawyer message me

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

If we had that many subscribers i would be dumping SKY in 10 seconds and offering the BBC 1 FTA match a week with the rest on streaming fantastic then just watch the money roll in:)

8 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Not sure that Championship, League 1 and National Conference games are a fair comparator. Not sure how many SL games have been shown or what their audience has been. Would be imteresting to see some stats.

I've bought the SL ones they have had so far 

Coverage is good.....Riley is a good commentator. The coverage weirdly feels more like being on the stadium with lingering shots of the crowd etc 

I suspect a lot more people.will buy SL games tham the other stuff they have offered