Fri 14th Jul: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/07/23 at 19:30

I know it's a bit of a cliché to say one team has an eye on the next game when there's a cup game the following week, but I'm not sure I have much faith in this current Wigan side to play this fixture at a high intensity. I think it would be better for us if we did go into this game treating it as a must win, and going all in regardless of whether it makes the following week tougher. We showed earlier in the year that we can do well in a tough run of fixtures.

Wire were much improved against Saints and with a rest the following week there's no question that their focus will solely be on getting back to winning ways.

Wakefield showed that our weak front row is very easy to dominate, even when we have some quality players in pretty much every other position. I don't think the injuries in the backs will affect Wire too much when their pack is strong.

It's another one of those games where no outcome would really surprise me. I think most would predict a tight game and maybe one score deciding it and it could go either way. But would anyone be massively surprised if Wigan reacted to the Wakefield defeat and Wire crumbled and Wigan won convincingly? Likewise, it also wouldn't surprise me if Wigan had an eye on next week and Wire were fired up to put things right after that defeat in the Challenge Cup and ended up battering Wigan.

• Like 1

I enjoy these match referee threads, one of my favourite features of this site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Won't matter what the ref does with the team we have out tonight, Wigan will just be taking it in turns to score.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

25 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Won't matter what the ref does with the team we have out tonight, Wigan will just be taking it in turns to score.

Good lad, get the excuses in first, it makes me laugh that the teams with the best squads and biggest academies moan the most if some players are missing.

28 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Gone strong in the pack, Danny Walker at 6 this week. 

I'm not expecting champagne rugby league. 

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good lad, get the excuses in first, it makes me laugh that the teams with the best squads and biggest academies moan the most if some players are missing.

Not really an excuse. Powell chooses to send players we need out on loan, so we get gubbed. It's nobody else's fault.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

KPP and Harvie Hill on the Bench. Hoping to see the former play well without injury, and the latter continue to prove himself.

A few past legends on the pitch before KO. Good to see.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chris Kendall reffing.

Ain't seen him reffing for a while...

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Bad tempered affair with a few cards. 

Huw Edwards last Valentines Day?

• Haha 2

OK rather than 'moan about the ref' I will ask for a clarification. Having knocked on, is King entitled to keep hold of Russell so he doesn't pick the ball up and play on?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Just Browny said:

OK rather than 'moan about the ref' I will ask for a clarification. Having knocked on, is King entitled to keep hold of Russell so he doesn't pick the ball up and play on?

I think you already know the answer to that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

You got the ball back and even with the penalty you be lucky to make an extra metre with the kick it was so close to touch. I’d be more worried about not getting the penalty for the tackle off the ball on Vaughan that’s been a penalty all year. 

Great effort to keep the ball alive for Wire there.

0-6.