Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

51 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Hope not

given that she (big assumption) only has only 4 posts all "gloating" on the Fev site on our demise after the loss to London, I'll guess at a Bradford fan.

• Like 2

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Is Coralinejones a York  fan? I don't recall the name before on either site  🤔.

The aforementioned F  joined 13th Nov 22 and posted on Fixtures 2023 with

Muddy pitches and cold weather suit Fev

a year later with three posts on Rovers 2024 squad with

I was gutted when Fev didn't make the play off final

and then

Addy is a poor signing

and finally 

Well I think you are in for a season of underachievement next year

So it looks like they got a bee in their bonnet when it comes to FEV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Coralinejones said:

Well I think you are in for a season of underachievement next year , I’m tipping Wakey,Toulouse ,Bradford ,and York to finish ahead of you in the Championship , you had yer chance , the boat has sailed .

Your judgement is based on the fact Featherstone haven't named a full squad. Do me a favour and lend me your crystal ball, I might be able to win lottery.

If her prediction is correct then going on this season  5th in the league is a good position to be in, it was for London.  Her name is based on seaweed so perhaps the boat is hers, and it is going  where the wind takes it. Not the best SEAson for her predictions.

26 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

If her prediction is correct then going on this season  5th in the league is a good position to be in, it was for London.  Her name is based on seaweed so perhaps the boat is hers, and it is going  where the wind takes it. Not the best SEAson for her predictions.

Legend 

On 14/11/2023 at 12:39, The Phantom Horseman said:

Aekins
Minikin
Wynne
Jones
Gale
Reynolds
Lacans
Springer
Bowes
Massey
Day
Bussey
Addy

Still early days of course but who do we think should be captain? At this stage (still very early of course) I'd think Bussey or Addy are the 2 likeliest candidates.

Probably Bussey for me, he's come though the ranks as a youngster, been at Fev for much of his career, and he's pretty smart too and a good talker. If Ford wants to go with someone with that extra SL experience then Addy would fit the bill as although he's a newcomer to the team he's very much a local who knows all about the club.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Still early days of course but who do we think should be captain? At this stage (still very early of course) I'd think Bussey or Addy are the 2 likeliest candidates.

Probably Bussey for me, he's come though the ranks as a youngster, been at Fev for much of his career, and he's pretty smart too and a good talker. If Ford wants to go with someone with that extra SL experience then Addy would fit the bill as although he's a newcomer to the team he's very much a local who knows all about the club.

It’s hard to know, Bussey looks like the most likely, but like you say Addy, or Ben Reynolds would be other options. Does it matter much these days though, I’m not sure.

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Jones would be my pick. Versitile, quick thinking and a good opening spotter.  Bussey as vice captain.

Bussey plays big minutes while Jones is often spelled, therefore Bussey would be my choice.

• Like 2

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

For me there is only one choice 

Attacking Player of the Year, Coach’s Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year.

Caleb Aekins

19 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bussey for me. In the past he was a real bad boy with a poor disciplinary record but he seems to have turned his game around, and the extra responsibility would help him mature even further.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Bussey for me. In the past he was a real bad boy with a poor disciplinary record but he seems to have turned his game around, and the extra responsibility would help him mature even further.

Indeed. I never thought he was quite as bad as painted by some but he did have a couple of high-profile incidents a few years ago.

He just seems quite alert to what's going on around the field, and he's pretty articulate, whether he'd have the confidence to take over the leadership role is the only question for me.

As an aside, can anyone remember who our two vice captains were, at least as appointed by Long at the start of the season? I looked it up and I would have got one right (Mattie Wildie) but would never have guessed the other - well done if you remembered that our other vice captain was Chris Hankinson.

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Indeed. I never thought he was quite as bad as painted by some but he did have a couple of high-profile incidents a few years ago.

He just seems quite alert to what's going on around the field, and he's pretty articulate, whether he'd have the confidence to take over the leadership role is the only question for me.

As an aside, can anyone remember who our two vice captains were, at least as appointed by Long at the start of the season? I looked it up and I would have got one right (Mattie Wildie) but would never have guessed the other - well done if you remembered that our other vice captain was Chris Hankinson.

I wonder if he knew

• Haha 1

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

15 hours ago, gazza77 said:

I watched Hunslet a lot last season and you’ve got yourself a player. Wasn’t a starter for Hunslet but more of an impact sub. Strong in attack and defence and plenty of potential, just keep your hands off any more haha

Edited by rugbylad09
  • Like 3