Sun 8th Oct: Ch S/F: Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos KO 18:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/23 at 18:00

52 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

You don’t like the IMG model, and instead want promotion based on results on the pitch. That’s resulted in a London or Toulouse option, so I assuming you’ll be very happy with either! 🤣🤣🤣

Quite, who wins it on the pitch deserves to be promoted and a team from the top heading in the opposite direction this year, and next also the year after that, very astute of you to fathom that I don't like the IMG model.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Featherstone tried to buy their way into the elite comp, playing the current system as much as they could. Fair enough, give it a go. But they failed. You don’t get to moan about it afterwards.

The *current* system is unfair to many other Championship clubs, what Featherstone did  is unfair to those clubs. So moaning that some new system is now unfair to you doesn’t carry much weight does it? 

First of all, congratulations to London for the win last night, the best team won and good look for next week.

I am not sure what you perceive Fev have done wrong and where this trying to buy their way into SL.

MC does not put large amounts of money into the club, more the club spending the money generated through the usual revenue streams.

At the beginning of the season it was announced we had £250k in brand new sponsorship, over and above existing sponsors.

Add into that the £240k from the 1200 season tickets @£200 and then revenue from the rest of the gate receipts. The average attendance over the season (league games) was around 3100, so 1900 extra spectators. Knock off 400 for kids, and assume that of the other 1500 split 500 as concessions @£10 = £5k and 1000 @20 = £20k. So that is £25k over 13 games, so in total £325k.

You are already looking at over £800k without taking into account merchandise, food and beer sales, hospitality etc. The club house has regular functions and open for other events, and hired out by businesses for the conference facilities.

These are of course, my back of a fag packet figures.

So if spending money that is revenue generated by the club, then I suppose that they are trying to play the system, in exactly the same way that any club in SL is in comparison to the lowest spenders.

What are they supposed to do?

Edited by bigbaldnmad
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

First of all, congratulations to London for the win last night, the best team won and good look for next week.

I am not sure what you perceive Fev have done wrong and where this trying to buy their way into SL.

MC does not put large amounts of money into the club, more the club spending the money generated through the usual revenue streams.

At the beginning of the season it was announced we had £250k in brand new sponsorship, over and above existing sponsors.

Add into that the £240k from the 1200 season tickets @£200 and then revenue from the rest of the gate receipts. The average attendance over the season (league games) was around 3100, so 1900 extra spectators. Knock off 400 for kids, and assume that of the other 1500 split 500 as concessions @£10 = £5k and 1000 @20 = £20k. So that is £25k over 13 games, so in total £325k.

You are already looking at over £800k without taking into account merchandise, food and beer sales, hospitality etc. The club house has regular functions and open for other events, and hired out by businesses for the conference facilities.

So if spending money that is revenue generated by the club, then I suppose that they are trying to play the system, in exactly the same way that any club in SL is in comparison to the lowest spenders.

BBM , he's yanking the Fev chain , HKR did exactly the same as Toronto ,Leigh and yourselves ( and others like Huddersfield , Salford and Celtic Crusaders years ago ) have tried , the difference is they all succeeded , you have fallen at the next to last hurdle , the difference this time is things are changing , that's why it's hurting some of your fans so much on these boards , he knows this 

I hope the club can keep it's support base intact , difficult I know as I myself struggled last time we had more than on field criteria on the table 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure there will still be plenty still going, although I must admit I won't be getting a season ticket but will go to most games, I will only miss when I am away.

Out of interest I was looking at season tickets at some of the SL clubs, as Fev's is £270 this year (next season).

I could go to watch the Rhinos, for £200 standing and £250 seated in the south stand wings.

Alternatively I could get a ST as a new supporter at Wigan for £284.

Couldn't be bothered looking elsewhere but it shows that championship is not much cheaper than SL.

Edited by bigbaldnmad
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Couldn't be bothered looking elsewhere but it shows that championship is not much cheaper than SL.

This, and the fact that a lot of Championship clubs are within 30 minutes of a Super League team (or several) explains a lot of the over saturation argument. 

9 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Good back of fag packet breakdown 👏

11 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I'm sure there will still be plenty still going, although I must admit I won't be getting a season ticket but will go to most games, I will only miss when I am away.

Out of interest I was looking at season tickets at some of the SL clubs, as Fev's is £270 this year (next season).

I could go to watch the Rhinos, for £200 standing and £250 seated in the south stand wings.

Alternatively I could get a ST as a new supporter at Wigan for £284.

Bradford are charging £220/£210

Sheffield £220/£195

London and York £199

It appears Fev are overcharging for Season Tickets compared to playoff rivals.

18 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Bradford are charging £220/£210

Sheffield £220/£195

London and York £199

It appears Fev are overcharging for Season Tickets compared to playoff rivals.

London is a early season deal until end of Nov, then its £230.....   But still cheaper than Fev, and if you consider London being usually double or more in terms of cost of living, £230 in London probably equates to £!50 in Lancs \ Yorks

Refrained from posting until now.

This hurts, really hurts. That was our big chance and we blew it, again.

I find myself wondering what the problem is and conclude that there is something rotten at Fev. Our recruitment has been appalling and the revolving door for coaches is a serious concern. Big culture change required and that needs to start at the top.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Refrained from posting until now.

This hurts, really hurts. That was our big chance and we blew it, again.

I find myself wondering what the problem is and conclude that there is something rotten at Fev. Our recruitment has been appalling and the revolving door for coaches is a serious concern. Big culture change required and that needs to start at the top.

The recruitment did seem really odd from an outside perspective for 2023. Signing Aekins after he left us was a good signing in isolation, but considering until midseason you had Aekins, Kheirallah, Pickersgill and Hall on the books, it's just too many FB's and you end up trying square pegs in round holes. Aekins is not creative enough to be a halfback and it was a mistake to play him there against London.

• Like 4

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/open-letter-from-the-chairman-397T7/

"We are very grateful for the efforts of our Head Coach James Ford in leading us through the last few months of the season, our only regret is we wish we would have made the change earlier"

Next sentence saying London had more desire and wanted it more. That must have been Sean long's fault as well.  

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

"We are very grateful for the efforts of our Head Coach James Ford in leading us through the last few months of the season, our only regret is we wish we would have made the change earlier"

Next sentence saying London had more desire and wanted it more. That must have been Sean long's fault as well.  

Don't how true it is, but I've heard that more than half the squad were told they were no longer required on Thursday night. Which would explain our total lack of effort.

If true, who on earth thought it was a good idea to communicate that 72 hours before a massive game like that.

Very disillusioned right now. Regretting buying the early bird season ticket. I've no faith that there will be any improvement next year.

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

The recruitment did seem really odd from an outside perspective for 2023. Signing Aekins after he left us was a good signing in isolation, but considering until midseason you had Aekins, Kheirallah, Pickersgill and Hall on the books, it's just too many FB's and you end up trying square pegs in round holes. Aekins is not creative enough to be a halfback and it was a mistake to play him there against London.

Ever since Killer came back into the team it's been a case of finding somewhere for Aekins to play. Too good to leave out, but definitely not a halfback. We'd have been better playing him on the wing instead of Briscoe who has had a bit of a shocker defensively most games.

13 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Don't how true it is, but I've heard that more than half the squad were told they were no longer required on Thursday night. Which would explain our total lack of effort.

If true, who on earth thought it was a good idea to communicate that 72 hours before a massive game like that.

Very disillusioned right now. Regretting buying the early bird season ticket. I've no faith that there will be any improvement next year.

Wow! Appalling if true.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I would say that its likely 99.9% untrue. Most players at this point of the season know where they stand for next season or have a very good idea. If half of the Fev squad have not sorted at the very least provisional deals by that point then more fool them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I can't believe that grateful comment.Ford had the best squad in the Championship.Most of the players full time in daily like SL clubs and still couldn't fix our outside edge defence.Rubbish kicking game didn't improve and he kept Aekins playing stand off when hasn't the required skills for the position.I have no idea who i would pick as coach but James Ford had his chance and failed so for me he should go.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nothus said:

I guess you won't miss him when he's gone then will you.

The 2022 accounts (which are late) will be jolly interesting; the 2023 ones even moreso.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

19 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I can't believe that grateful comment.Ford had the best squad in the Championship.Most of the players full time in daily like SL clubs and still couldn't fix our outside edge defence.Rubbish kicking game didn't improve and he kept Aekins playing stand off when hasn't the required skills for the position.I have no idea who i would pick as coach but James Ford had his chance and failed so for me he should go.

Maybe it’s the players fault for how they played on Sunday? Can only put so much blame at the feet of the coach. 

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 09/10/2023 at 08:24, Smudger06 said:

For me, yes it was about achieving promotion against all the odds, to finally get some justice after losing top tier status from mid table when super league formed to the likes of PSG and yes, London.....after thar it didn't matter so much, if relegation had happened at least it would have been down to sport. 

In fairness it was known at the beginning of the season the bottom 6 would be relegated, again Featherstone only had themselves to blame for not doing enough on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, daz39 said:

In fairness it was known at the beginning of the season the bottom 6 would be relegated, again Featherstone only had themselves to blame for not doing enough on the pitch.

It was absolutely not known at the beginning of that season. It was decided on a whim at the end of the season after everybody rejected mergers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1