2024 Transfer Tracker

14 hours ago, EagleEyePie said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Leigh but for me it's a complete waste. Isn't Asiata an 80 minute player? Shorrocks isn't a second rower and needs to go to a club where he can play at 13 and really show what he's capable of.

He's a really talented player but his versatility is more a curse than a blessing.

I think Leigh would like to reduce Asiata’s workload, not sure how much that contributed to his end of season injury, plus when he does go off the drop off is stark. There’s also the need to find a longer term replacement for him as he’s only contracted to next season.

That said, Salford would be a more likely destination for him if they do offload Partington

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

Swinton have signed MIkey Wood from Sheffield, think he has been at Bradford, Hunslet and Sheffield previously, we seem to be trumpeting him as a big signing if anyone has any opinions on him from previous clubs?

Very good player. Can play second row and prop.

• Like 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

They are going to dominate the next few years .....I said this even before the play offs this year 

It doesn't always work out like that. I remember thinking that when we won the Grand Final and Challenge Cup final in 2013 but we never really built on it and won nothing for a few years. We allowed too many players to leave as Ian Lenegan thought he could keep selling players and thought that our production line was that could that he could keep replacing them with young players coming through. As a result we never had that settled team as Leeds and Saints did when they were really dominant.

34 minutes ago, Damien said:

It doesn't always work out like that. I remember thinking that when we won the Grand Final and Challenge Cup final in 2013 but we never really built on it and won nothing for a few years. We allowed too many players to leave as Ian Lenegan thought he could keep selling players and thought that our production line was that could that he could keep replacing them with young players coming through. As a result we never had that settled team as Leeds and Saints did when they were really dominant.

They have been signing quality after quality....unless they suddenly start letting players leave I think it's a different situation 

In addition Saints are due a slide and Tomkins leaving Catalan is massive 

Just don't see anyone challenging ....Peet is going to get better and better asa a coach too

I hope I'm wrong by the way....it would be annoying for 4 boring years of Saints domination to be replaced by Wigan doing the same 

Leeds MIGHT just be a different proposition if they can get a tune early out of Ackers, Croft and the other new backs....

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

18 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

They have been signing quality after quality....unless they suddenly start letting players leave I think it's a different situation 

In addition Saints are due a slide and Tomkins leaving Catalan is massive 

Just don't see anyone challenging ....Peet is going to get better and better asa a coach too

I hope I'm wrong by the way....it would be annoying for 4 boring years of Saints domination to be replaced by Wigan doing the same 

Leeds MIGHT just be a different proposition if they can get a tune early out of Ackers, Croft and the other new backs....

Yeah I kind of remember too when we won the Grand Final in 2010 then signed the Melbourne trio of Lima, Finch and Hoffman for 2011 & 2012 and seemed stronger but didn't win the Grand Final in either year with them.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Swinton have signed MIkey Wood from Sheffield, think he has been at Bradford, Hunslet and Sheffield previously, we seem to be trumpeting him as a big signing if anyone has any opinions on him from previous clubs?

Very good player last season. I doubt that you’ll find any Eagles fans who are not sorry he’s left.

• Like 1

There will be a few leaving Wigan. King replaced by Keighran, Cust with no incoming for him. KPP with most of us think Walters is his replacement. Smithies going to Canberra, maybe Thompson his replacement or some Union bloke or other! Thornley will go. There are also doubts about the future of Powell and Shorrocks being at Wigan in 2024.

That's seven to leave with probably other fringe players like Astley. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

25 minutes ago, Damien said:

A solid enough Championship signing who can cover centre and wing easily enough.

When has Thornley ever been anything but a good bargain? He'll do just fine for Trinity.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Father Ted said:

There will be a few leaving Wigan. King replaced by Keighran, Cust with no incoming for him. KPP with most of us think Walters is his replacement. Smithies going to Canberra, maybe Thompson his replacement or some Union bloke or other! Thornley will go. There are also doubts about the future of Powell and Shorrocks being at Wigan in 2024.

That's seven to leave with probably other fringe players like Astley. 

Rick Astley?

On 25/10/2023 at 09:14, Mark said:

Played 21 (out of 30) games last year, mostly off the bench.   He won't let you down.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Rhys Williams to swinton 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway