IMG Grading System (Many Merged Threads)

37 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Please explain that Thomas, will they or won't they be competing in a league system in that they earn points on a ladder that will determine whether they finish in such a position that will see clubs Promoted or Relegated?

You know that I have no interest in the round ball ball game therefore I do not look for any information relevant to it, but in this case with your answer to @MattSantoscould you please clarify for me is Promotion and Relegation to from the Championship based on financial grading? I suspect not.

You have to meet certain standards. Luton couldn't play at home for the first 1 or 2 months and had to apply for special dispensation from the league because of this. 

Matt is talking about a proposed European competition. I highlighted that of the top 20 clubs in Deloitte's money league for 2023, 2 if them were currently English Championship teams to demonstrate how utterly incomparable the two scenarios were.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Fev's gradings:

Fandom 3.95 out of 5
Performance 2.5143 out of 5
Stadium 1.183 out of 3
Finance 2 out of 4.5
Community 1 out of 2.5

Interesting.

Fev have always enthused - if not boasted - about their community work.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

7 minutes ago, Griff said:

Interesting.

Sounds like 0.5 for each part, catchment and a foundation with a turnover of £50k to £250k.

Will TV viewership scores be affected by the recent TV developments? FTA on BBC seems likely to get an order of magnitude higher ratings than anything on Sky.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Griff said:

Interesting.

Yawn...

As you very well know the majority of the available scoring for 'community' is local population size and the value of a club's community work cannot be measured simply by their Foundation's turnover (another flaw in the grading system) but never one to miss an opportunity to bash Fev are you?

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yawn...

As you very well know the majority of the available scoring for 'community' is local population size and the value of community work cannot be simply a club's measured by their Foundation's turnover (another flaw in the grading system) but never one to miss an opportunity to bash Fev are you?

[sigh]

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Never mind sighing he's right,you're entitled to your opinion but please get your facts right first, thank you.

You're saying Fev have never enthused about their community work?

Just now, Griff said:

You're saying Fev have never enthused about their community work?

Yes they have and rightly so,the club do a great job,but you seemed to want to demean it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

London’s score is entirely down to David Hughes’s choices so I can understand him being grumpy.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Hughes' complaint seems to be no more than asking for the whole grading system to be scrapped really. If really weak clubs can just make it to SL and stay up, it makes the grading system worthless. 

13 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Hughes's comments are riddled with factual errors. I think one of the very real problems at the Broncos is that nobody ever dares correct him.

Very true, two thirds of the league are South of Castleford.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

13 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Hughes's comments are riddled with factual errors. I think one of the very real problems at the Broncos is that nobody ever dares correct him.

It’s a one person show though. A personal play thing, a train set. Sad but true. 

A lot of money should have been investested elsewhere that may well have been important in sustaining the club other than on the pitch, such as revenue streams, ground etc, that could have ensured that covid and the rest of the recent problems did not have such an impact than they appeared to have done. 

They overacheived on the pitch last year, otherwise there would be no debate.

Others have pointed out the IMG gradings have been in play for 2/3 years now, so no surprises. Some clubs have got themselves ready of the pitch, if not quite there on it yet. 

But they are the ones that when they step up, will be able to build their business and make improvements that everyone can benefit, particularly the sport as a whole.

I love to see what’s happened at Hull KR for example. A lot of hard work, but they will reap the rewards on the field sooner than later. 

Wakefield will be there or there abouts when they make the step back up. 

Cas need to have a hard think about what they need to do before they find themselves too far behind. 

• Like 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

I have not read all of the previous 160 pages so this question may have been answered somewhere along the line: Will London Broncos be relegated from Super League no matter what they achieve on the pitch this coming season? i.e. because of the IMG Rating. Yes or No.

13 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I have not read all of the previous 160 pages so this question may have been answered somewhere along the line: Will London Broncos be relegated from Super League no matter what they achieve on the pitch this coming season? i.e. because of the IMG Rating. Yes or No.

Under the rules yes. Even winning SL this year appears not to give them sufficient points to go from 24 to the 12 (or 14 for that matter) that will line up in 2025. 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

I mean, there are a couple of fair points he makes. 

1) catchment criteria is a bit inconsiderate of london

2) the 3 year calculations include the COVID year when they went part time

3) there’s no benefit to developing players 

Of course, these should have been raised earlier. But, the RFL CEO has said there can be tweaks to the gradings before the scores are revealed for 2025.