England vs Samoa Series

10 minutes ago, Jparrish said:

Glad its going ahead although disappointed with just the 2 tests must obviously be some financial reasons. Will they play Tonga before heading out maybe ? Hopefully a bit more ambition on stadium selection will make up for the silly 2 game series format. They did this for the Ladies SOO last year and it was panned and rightly moved to 3 games this year. 

Yeah there's a few whispers going around, that Samoa will only agree to go the England if they play Tonga before flying out

• Like 2

I'm happy that England get to secure a test match against Samoa. It would've been a disaster for them if they were left stranded without a game at the end of the year

• Like 2

Just 2 tests is pretty disappointing. It's really odd not to have 3. I can't really see how financial reasons would result in that, once you get Samoa here anyway it's just another week and obviously you are then getting the income from another game. The flights are already paid fit and logistics arranged anyway.

The international calendar is shrinking year on year.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

If they are only playing two, they for sure need to be ambitious with the stadium choices.

One North, one South. 

I expect it'll be one East, one West. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Bongo1 said:

Has your source had anymore updates?

Yes. The reports circulating currently are on the money. I gave an approximate 2 week timeframe and expect that the RFL will make an announcement formally this week or early next.

See you in Leeds?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Fingers crossed that they surprise us tomorrow with a Southern stadium, tickets on sale immediately, and a terrestrial TV deal.

Or maybe Salford and Halifax with coverage on SL+.

But only every other row available.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 games is disappointing, especially if they turn up tired/jet lagged and not bothered for the first one like the world cup opener.

You suspect it will also rule out a test at a non traditional venue.

Grand final 12th October, so a week off and then 2 tests, or will there be a warm up and/or a cool down test against another opponent?

I think we are pretty much nailed on for Headingley and Wigan.

I'd actually be pretty comfortable with that if we had a 3rd test in London but unfortunately we don't have a third test at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

According to the RFL website it's the ABK Test Series. Nice to see them retain a new sponsor 

And nice to see tickets on sale straight away

• Like 2

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

4 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Surely England play France before the tests, you’d hope.

This is Rugby League...  Expect a England Probables vs England Possibles type game at LSV or Doncaster as a warm up

28 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Both games on the BBC.

I hope they promote the heck out of this series and hopefully they show the games in nz, because the tongan series wasn't shown here. The Samoan teams going to be very different to the one that was at the world cup, a lot more younger players have come through and the young players at the world cup alot better. 

Potential squad

1 Sua Faalogo

2 Brian To’o

3 Stephen Critchon (Capt)

4 Izack Tago

5 Murray Taulagi

6 Chanel Harris-Tevita

7 Jarome Luai

8 Terell May

9 Danny Levi

10 Junior Paulo

11 Jayd'n Sua

12 Jeremiah Nanai

13 Heilum Luki

14 Blaize Talagi

15 Spencer Leniu

16 Josh Papali'i

17 Luciano Leilua

18 Tyrone May

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Click said:

Honestly feel done with International RL after this announcement with no Southern venue again.

****ing RFL.

Yup.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Im actually not at all surprised about 2 tests instead of 3. And if I'm honest I don't think I'm actually that bothered by it. Maybe thats more a sign of where im at with the game than anything else - not sure.

I'll probably look to travel up from London for one of the games.

Long way to come for Samoa for only two games though.  Heres hoping the RFL can improve on their spectator experience from last years Tonga games.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

7 hours ago, sam4731 said:

If they are only playing two, they for sure need to be ambitious with the stadium choices.

Knowing the powers that be, it will probably be St Helens and Headingley.