Pre Season Friendly Thread

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds finally have some real talent coming through the academy 

A few of the young lads for Leeds did put in a good stint. 

I hope the Boxing Day games continue between trinity and Leeds. Both teams turn out really well and it’s always a pretty valuable affair to unearth and give game time to some good young players. 

It’s become part of the festive schedule so I hope it continues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds finally have some real talent coming through the academy 

What's happened to Leon Ruan?  I'd love him back at Wakefield if he's not in Smith's plans.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

What's happened to Leon Ruan?  I'd love him back at Wakefield if he's not in Smith's plans.

Wouldn't mind him back at Donny. Pretty raw and always capable of a mistake or two. Always thought he'd was physically really impressive and experience would sort him out. Surprised he wasn't playing.

11 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Can we just put a special mention out to Keighley fans. 

12 months ago "we will finish above Bradford in the league"

12 months later. relegated and walloped im pre season by Oldham

Thoughts and prayers are with them all at this time 

Beaten by a Roughyeds side featuring Jordan Turner, Elijah Taylor, Joe Wardle, Danny Craven and Craig Kopczak, amongst others. Bring on the season..

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

Beaten by a Roughyeds side featuring Jordan Turner, Elijah Taylor, Joe Wardle, Danny Craven and Craig Kopczak, amongst others. Bring on the season..

Sounds like a youthful side Oldham are putting together for 2024, is Fordy going to be player-coach?

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

11 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Can we just put a special mention out to Keighley fans. 

12 months ago "we will finish above Bradford in the league"

12 months later. relegated and walloped im pre season by Oldham

Thoughts and prayers are with them all at this time 

Yer like a dog with a bone 😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Sounds like a youthful side Oldham are putting together for 2024, is Fordy going to be player-coach?

Don’t ye worry Browny, there’s young talent across the team in the likes of Logan Astley from Wigan, Bailey Aldridge from Leeds and Jumah Sambou from Saints.

• Like 3

the Leeds Wakey game was "what it was" some good pre season entertainment and a chance to look at some new talent and ideas- in reality if either team played like that in the regular season they would find themselves bottom of their respective leagues at the end of the season

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I went to Dewsbury v Batley, 12-12 in the end but what a dire game. The first half was amongst the worst halves of rugby league I’ve seen. Clearly the referee had been instructed to clamp down on incorrect play the balls, and he did. Must have been 10+ penalties in the first half alone. Now I don’t object to a focus on rules and he was clearly reffing to orders but it did really ruin the game. Second half was better and more entertaining but overall not the best festive entertainment ever.

Also for around ten minutes I consciously watched every tackle thinking of the new tackle laws. I’d say 80%+ would have been penalised in 2025, so the game will feel totally different.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

On 27/12/2023 at 10:16, OL14.yeds said:

Good luck for the season. Will be great to have Oldham back in the  Champ in 2025. Those fans that have stuck with them deserve some stability and success. 

• Like 2

On 26/12/2023 at 17:52, Rene_Artois said:

Wouldn't mind him back at Donny. Pretty raw and always capable of a mistake or two. Always thought he'd was physically really impressive and experience would sort him out. Surprised he wasn't playing.

He’s recovering from a dislocated shoulder he got in Catalans last year

• Thanks 1

On 27/12/2023 at 10:45, Just Browny said:

Take no notice Yeds. You sign what you need to get the job done. Age is only a number. We've signed a few 30 yolds. Reece Lyne, Suaia Matagi, Craig Hall will be fine. Turner, Wardle etc will get you promoted.

Misi is 42! He might not be a regular starter but he brings a lot on and off the field. Experience means a lot in and around the squad 

Edited by Rene_Artois

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

9 minutes ago, Catflap said:

I'd be worried if I was The Game Caller!!! 👀👀👀

He says 

Very little between the two Championship heavyweights who can both take some encouragement from this

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

1021 at Barrow 

That's a good crowd for a friendly. Was that Brad Walker's first game for his home town?