Newcastle Thunder v Wakefield Trinity

Currently 0-88 after 54 minutes.

Not good for the game up there.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

It really is top versus bottom. One full time very experienced team against a team of inexperienced youngsters. It’s the best argument against 1 division outside of SL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Currently 0-88 after 54 minutes.

Not good for the game up there.

Not good for the game anywhere,  well done to Newcastle for fielding a team but in reality they should have sat this competition out and got ready for the start of League 1.

• Like 1

19 mins left and it’s 0-100.

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Finishes 110-0.

At least Wakey didn’t go for a drop goal.

Well done to Wakefield, they've turned up and done their job in a professional way, as a Thunder fan I wouldn't expect any different.

I know most will be aware, our start off the back of two weeks pre-season has been York, Sheffield and Wakefield it doesn't get much tougher.

We are starting from scratch trying to be sustainable. As a club we have to stick together. 

What I would like is if people can make Thunder their second team as it will be tough but we do feel the goodwill of the rugby league family.

Support us if you're near where we're playing or share and like anything on social media. There is an option to buy a £50 membership online. 

• Like 20

15 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

WT playing off a 1.3 million salary cap. I will set the club a challenge. Go unbeaten all league season and win 1895 cup. Let’s see if you can do it.

I'm sure Powell is reading your challenge out to the team right now.  🙄    Who are you again? 🤔

• Haha 8

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

20 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

WT playing off a 1.3 million salary cap. I will set the club a challenge. Go unbeaten all league season and win 1895 cup. Let’s see if you can do it.

As a Wakey fan, I don't think we'll go unbeaten this season.

I do hope we'll get it right in the 1895 Cup and the end of season play-offs though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dboy said:

As a Wakey fan, I don't think we'll go unbeaten this season.

I do hope we'll get it right in the 1895 Cup and the end of season play-offs though.

Nothing to touch yer this season in Championship and 1895 trophy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Nothing to touch yer this season in Championship and 1895 trophy. 

Nah.

Someone will raise their game, Wakey will lose focus, grass too long, studs too short, loss of form, food poisoning, opposition fans playing trumpets outside team hotel before cup final...it's sport!

• Haha 3

Just now, dboy said:

Nah.

Someone will raise their game, Wakey will lose focus, grass too long, studs too short, loss of form, food poisoning, opposition fans playing trumpets outside team hotel before cup final...it's sport!

I should imagine most teams will raise their game( gunna have to lol) best squad by far.

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I should imagine most teams will raise their game( gunna have to lol) best squad by far.

Well, I have to say, I hope you are right!

Powell's job is to keep the players feet on the ground, I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil W said:

Well done to Wakefield, they've turned up and done their job in a professional way, as a Thunder fan I wouldn't expect any different.

I know most will be aware, our start off the back of two weeks pre-season has been York, Sheffield and Wakefield it doesn't get much tougher.

We are starting from scratch trying to be sustainable. As a club we have to stick together. 

What I would like is if people can make Thunder their second team as it will be tough but we do feel the goodwill of the rugby league family.

Support us if you're near where we're playing or share and like anything on social media. There is an option to buy a £50 membership online. 

Good luck to Thunder for the upcoming season, hopefully this tough pre season comp will stand the squad in good stead for the challenges to come. Keep the faith mate, the game is nothing without the fans!

• Like 3

Went to the game today expecting 100+ and wasn't disappointed. It just is what it is. A bunch of lad thrown together at the last minute vs a full-time experienced team. Those Newcastle lads need to stick together and work hard for each other. Thunder's number 10 impressed me tbh. I really hope they make a go of it. 

• Like 2