New Signing

Derwent

Town have signed Tongan international forward Ponepate Tongia, subject to visa being approved. Looks a big mobile unit on video.

Edited by Derwent
  • Like 7

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Awesome news, let's hope both visas are processed quickly. Welcome to Town to both the lads, won't be long before they are eating XL and saying "Eh" after every sentence. UTT 

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

8 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Surely not Town bringing imports over?! 

Only joking guys 😉 looks a powerful unit, could be a great signing 👏

🤣🤣 Just another 8 to come from overseas then we'll have caught up with Haven 😄

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Town Army said:

🤣🤣 Just another 8 to come from overseas then we'll have caught up with Haven 😄

Well need to find a 3 bedroom mid terrace for all 10 of them then...

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Any more in the pipeline?

He said 3 or 4 before these 2 were announced but they're assessing the severity of our injuries before committing to any more. A prop in the Tyler Dickinson , Jamie Acton mould is top of my list. 

• Like 4

Apparently the Tongan prop was going to Salford on a £50k contract until they pulled the deal as they thought they had sufficient cover in that area.  The guy is still keen to play in England in an attempt to get noticed and the agents were letting all clubs in Championship & League 1 know that he was prepared to play for much less than what Salford were originally rumoured to be paying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Apparently the Tongan prop was going to Salford on a £50k contract until they pulled the deal as they thought they had sufficient cover in that area.  The guy is still keen to play in England in an attempt to get noticed and the agents were letting all clubs in Championship & League 1 know that he was prepared to play for much less than what Salford were originally rumoured to be paying.

A former Haven director told me at the barrow game in the 1895 cup game a few weeks ago that Haven where chasing a Tongan prop but it was all about getting a visa and obviously the coin . Said he would be the best prop in the championship.  I wonder if it's the same one . 

1 hour ago, donald said:

A former Haven director told me at the barrow game in the 1895 cup game a few weeks ago that Haven where chasing a Tongan prop but it was all about getting a visa and obviously the coin . Said he would be the best prop in the championship.  I wonder if it's the same one . 

That would be great, just don’t want another Fafita. 😱

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

That would be great, just don’t want another Fafita. 😱

A fit fifita Would have been a huge assett, sadly he arrived crocked

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

He’s a few weeks from fitness …

How we ever fell for that one I will never know, quick look on NRL sites showed he was missing for half a season before signing for us, had to be a reason given he was supposedly being watched by Cowbooys etc?

20 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Is there any news on our 2  new imports arriving, anything at all would be good after the initial announcement and the videos links on Good Friday .UTT 🔵 ⚪ 

Will depend how far into the Visa process it is. That takes time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...