Sat 6th-Sun 7th Apr: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/04/2024 at 14:44, The Phantom Horseman said:

The only teams that I'd be really surprised to see beaten this weekend are Wakefield and Toulouse, the other games all look harder to call to me

SURPRISE!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Hopefully it is showing that outside of Wakefield it is gearing up for a really good competition. You could argue that Fax played poorly against Dewsbury but still won pretty comfortably but then Fax got battered by Bradford who had been beaten by Widnes.

It's a tough one to predict so far Oxy. Wakefield aside you could make a case for anyone to beat anyone else. I said last week our win over Swinton was a good result and they've evidently turned over Toulouse tonight. As usual with my lot, I'll travel over the hill more in hope than expectation.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

29 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

That was a good win for Swinton. 

I don’t know that much about the Toulouse team but I’ll be they’re dissapointed to be turned over at home and early in the season too. 

Similar team to last season. It’s a really average Championship side at best to be honest.

On 05/04/2024 at 14:44, The Phantom Horseman said:

The only teams that I'd be really surprised to see beaten this weekend are Wakefield and Toulouse

Hopefully for your sake Wakey do the business tomorrow in case the shock is too much for you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hello said:

Oh dear French RL and international RL in general...  

At least French RL are trying

Looking at today's fixtures apart from Wakefield ( although i think Donny will give em a game) all the others could go either way imo. More so then SL these day's. 

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Looking at today's fixtures apart from Wakefield ( although i think Donny will give em a game) all the others could go either way imo. More so then SL these day's. 

Especially with the weather were experiencing this weekend 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiggy said:

I agree with all of that. Although I thought the Ref did OK, and for once, the flag fiddlers got involved properly.

Other than I think you mean Brochon, not sure they have a Brochard playing for them. Gahan is injured that's why they had to play Pélissier, who as I mentioned is a liability.

Yes sorry Brochon. He looks a good player and useful wherever he is played.

1 hour ago, steve wild said:

If you’d like to contact me via the club at info@swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk with regards to your observations on the Swinton official I’d be happy to look into it . Hopefully you’ll also be able to justify the pleasant language you’ve used. 
Steve , CEO , Swinton Lions 

Thanks Steve. I am in the process of writing to the RL. You will receive a copy in due course.