Rugby League World
League Express
Garry Schofield Testimonial Brochure (Signed)

- - - - -

The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
1421 replies to this topic

#1421 Futtocks

• Coach
  • 26,248 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

Hmm, episode 2 of the all-new 'Danger Mouse' features DM being attacked by a giant fish with lobster claws grafted onto it. I'll call the copyright department...

BTW, the egregious poaching on Clawphin's intellectual copyright aside, the new 'Danger Mouse' is a blast. Alexander Armstrong as DM, Kevin Eldon as Penfold and Stephen Fry as Colonel K.

Other guest voices in the series will include Richard Osman, Lena Headey and John Oliver.

Between the optimist & the pessimist
The difference is quite droll:
The optimist sees the doughnut,
The pessimist sees the hole.

#1422 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

Watched Chris Tarrant's Extreme Railway Journeys tonight. Not a fan of his at all but I thought he dealt with the death railway section with real dignity. I went along the section of railway shown a couple of years ago and the points he made rang true. I was quite touched by the scene at the cemetery at the end of the line in Burma, which looked just like the ones in Kanchanaburi (where the Bridge over the River Kwai is).. 

The part of the programme about the Burmese railways was great too. it really does look a fascinating country and there were some very funny sections such as when the train had to go over tracks with no ballast. The film really made me want to visit the country, hopefully once the last vestiges of the disgusting regime there has gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users