What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Just a heads-up on something being released, because I know it'll right up the streets of a few TRL members.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/dreams-to-fill-the-vacuum-the-sound-of-sheffield-1978-1988-various-artists-4cd-bookpack/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the finest music, but watch out for a cameo appearance at the end from a fair dinkum Australian legend.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here's a song for anyone who's ever looked at Vladimir Putin a bit funny or spilled his pint.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Having a bit of a nostalgic year. Seeing the wonderful Natalie Merchant in Manchester and the legendary Waterboys in London over the next few weeks. Failed to get tickets for the Sawdoctors but hey, I've seen them enough times. 

I saw Dire Straits at the Deeside Leisure Centre in 1985 ish on a coach trip from our cricket club aged 15 and they were fantastic. They should really take the credit for giving me my  addiction to live music. 

I saw the Eurythmics the same year (NEC Birmingham) and they were great. The weird bit is that that U2 (Wembley) and New Order (Warrington) were awful but I loved their music at the time. I think New Order were groundbreaking but obviously owe a nod to Joy Division. 

Anyway, thanks to Dire Straits, they will probably come around again. My 17 year old was listening to an identikit cover of Tracy Chapman's Fast Car today and my 14 year old was listening to Groundation and Bob Marley. Good music just endures.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2023 at 13:18, ivans82 said:

Listened to In My Tribe by 10,000 Maniacs just the other day an absolute classic . Hope you enjoy Natalies gig .

You know when people ask you what your favourite album is and you can't narrow it down?

In My Tribe, no debate.

• Like 1

Not sure this belongs here, but there's no other thread for it. 

This is so clever and brilliantly done, it really makes you think. It's also laugh out loud funny. 

If it belongs elsewhere then someone please move it or let me know where to post it.

edit - sorry, it doesn't really start until the Parliament bit at about 4 minutes.

Edited by Leeds Wire

One of Australia's great cultural icons, orchestrated!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A cracker of a track for the power-pop fans on here.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...