Football

6 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

I went up to that game, too. BP was buzzing. 

Yesterday, we fell to the foot of L1, five point from safety, after a draw at Fleetwood.

But despite that, I'm confident we'll stay up as the new owners are making funding available to strengthen.  The club broke its record signing fee last week in picking up Harrogate's Luke Armstrong. 

Good days ahead!

I drive past there quite a lot when visiting cousins in Carlisle during the year.

I love spotting football grounds as have always been something of an anorak and enthusiast.

Didn't have chance to go to a local match to me on Boxing Day though sadly.

Yesterday was the first Beverley Town home game for almost 2 months with there being so many postponements and we ran out 3-1 winners against Clay Cross. Could easily have been 7 or 8 if it wasn't for some pretty poor communication around the box.

290 fans in attendance to celebrate the homecoming and as a result of so many postponements, we've got a heck of a lot of home games coming up in the next couple of months, including one week with 3 home games in a row! 

Another great afternoon down Beverley Town. Ran out 3-0 winners but had to wait until the 81st minute to see the first goal! 

I took a mate down who has only ever been to a couple of football matches in his life and never to non-league football. He loved it, thought it was a fantastic afternoon and said he'll definitely be up for going again so thats another convert to 10th division football right there! The more the merrier! 

• Like 3

I went with a mate tonight watching Warrington Town Vs Tamworth. I wouldn’t have gone if it would’ve meant id have to pay. But it was a freebie, along with getting picked up and then dropped off at home. By heck it was ffffffrrrrrrreeeeeezzzzzzzzzing.
it’s a nice little stadium, it’d be even more enjoyable if it was in summer. Tamworth are the best side i have seen on tv and now live. Scunthorpe are a great side but Tamworth could take the automatic promotion spot. 

I was watching a bit of A- League from down under, yes I know but someone has to, noticed perimeter advertising,  Paramount + advertising FA Cup 4th round live upcoming. Blimey! FA Cup Live in Australia,  the Cup is not dead, but alive and kicking.

Edited by HawkMan

27 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

I was watching a bit of A- League from down under, yes I know but someone has to, noticed perimeter advertising,  Paramount + advertising FA Cup 4th round live upcoming. Blimey! FA Cup Live in Australia,  the Cup is not dead, but alive and kicking.

I would think it’s been show live in Australia before and for a long time to be fair.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2,107 at Hastings United today for the league match v Dulwich Hamlet. Insane numbers.

I was, obviously, at Westfield v Battle Town which probably had about 40 people there.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

16 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

2,107 at Hastings United today for the league match v Dulwich Hamlet. Insane numbers.

I was, obviously, at Westfield v Battle Town which probably had about 40 people there.

I headed down Beverley Town Reserves v Hull United in the Humber Premier League and enjoyed a 2-1 win for Bev, with about 30 other fans. 

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I headed down Beverley Town Reserves v Hull United in the Humber Premier League and enjoyed a 2-1 win for Bev, with about 30 other fans. 

But can rugby league learn from these?! 🤭

On 12/01/2024 at 09:37, HawkMan said:

Aussie Soccer is Cringe.

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

After being scouted, Beverley Town veteran of 9 years, superstar right winger Olly Baldwin will play his last game for us on Tuesday, after which he is jetting off to Australia to play down under. Hopefully we'll get another great crowd in to see him off in style! 

Who's he joining?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Who's he joining?

I have not been able to find out yet. I've looked through Olly's social media and can't see anywhere where he's actually named a team and Bev Town haven't mentioned any team specifically. 

A couple of games back I heard some blokes talking about a player being scouted and going to Aus. Then at the last game I heard some club officials specifically mention Olly and again that he was going to play in Aus. Then a couple of days ago the team posted this on twitter:

But I haven't yet been able to find out specifically who he is gonna play for. I'll be at the game tomorrow so I'll do some asking around and see if I can find out. 👍

Edit. I've just done a bit of quick digging around on Facebook and found one message wishing him all the best in Melbourne. Only one single mention of Melbourne so can't 100% confirm that yet. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

As I type, there are 14 stories on the BBC Sports home page about Jurgen Klopp.  I think something may have happened.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

As I type, there are 14 stories on the BBC Sports home page about Jurgen Klopp.  I think something may have happened.

I think the excuse "I'm running out of energy" is a polite way of saying "there's too many games and too many matches going on in too many competitions" these days - maybe if he had one match a week to think about it may be different - and I bet when he fully exits he has a massive swipe at VAR

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

I think the excuse "I'm running out of energy" is a polite way of saying "there's too many games and too many matches going on in too many competitions" these days - maybe if he had one match a week to think about it may be different - and I bet when he fully exits he has a massive swipe at VAR

Absolute banter move would be if Liverpool are in with the shot of the title on final day to give the match to Paul Tierney.

• Confused 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

What a big wuss Klopp is.  How can he be tired when all he has to do is turn up 20 minutes before kick off, count how many players have bothered to turn up and then pick a team to play, then go to the pub afterwards!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A big day for Beverley Town FC today as the Beavers travel across to Wakefield with 3rd place taking on 1st at a little known ground called Belle Vue! If Beverley win they go top and with 8 league wins in a row we're definitely feeling up for it. I'm sure a large contingent of the Beavers faithful are making the trip across to cheer the lads on, unfortunately I can't be with them as I have work at 5 in the morning. This is 10th division football at its most exciting! ⚽😁