NZ series ticket sales latest news

Scubby

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I follow the ticketing link from the RFL website using Chrome I get...

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.eticketing.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

According to Sporting Life, "Just 5,000 of the 49,500 tickets remain" for Saturday's game.

Assuming that is properly sourced, does anyone know why the stated capacity is lower than we previously thought? Presumably the stadium already has screens etc so shouldn't have the Old Trafford problem?

According to Sporting Life, "Just 5,000 of the 49,500 tickets remain" for Saturday's game.

Assuming that is properly sourced, does anyone know why the stated capacity is lower than we previously thought? Presumably the stadium already has screens etc so shouldn't have the Old Trafford problem?

Guessing here but maybe 4500 are corporate not included in the final figure?

This squares the circle of Tom Burgess claiming that 4,000 remained but other outlets stating we'd sold 45,000. 

The stadium has a very vague capacity, it can supposedly hold 68,000 if you bring portaloos. I noticed during the other mob's games they had temporary seating in the gap on the side opposite the camera, maybe they took them home with them.

England RL have confirmed on Twitter that 43,000 have been sold so far.

Looks like we may have got a tad carried away! We'll probably get around 45,000 by Saturday

40k plus for me is good. If people start setting themselves up for a 50k crowd, they will probably end up disappointed, we heard similar things at the 4N at Wembley when we ended up with 42k there.

England RL have confirmed on Twitter that 43,000 have been sold so far.

Looks like we may have got a tad carried away! We'll probably get around 45,000 by Saturday

43,000 sold so far is enough to get me carried away. That's an incredible effort, England v NZ series and rivalry is starting to really take off and grow.

Indeed, lots of figures and talks of a sell out can build up hopes a little too high. 45K plus, if we get it would be very good, particularly when considering the minimal promotion.

There also seems to be a little confusion over the actual capacity of the stadium?

Either way, really looking forward to Saturday, even though I'm only watching on TV!

I am going to the best ever attended tour match against the Kiwis ...surely a very good reason to get carried away?

43,000 + 2015

42,687 1947

37,475 1951

36,131 1993

29,938 1951

29,031 1947

28,445 1947

27,486 1998

24,443 1955

23,604 2002

I am going to the best ever attended tour match against the Kiwis ...surely a very good reason to get carried away?

43,000 + 2015

42,687 1947

37,475 1951

36,131 1993

29,938 1951

29,031 1947

28,445 1947

27,486 1998

24,443 1955

23,604 2002

It's hard to think that just 4 years ago we thought these days had passed. I remember on these forums people were moaning about how we used to get huge crowds but didn't any more. In 2011 it'd been 14 years since we'd got over 40k for an international when we'd got 9 in the early 90s.

We bit the bullet and went to Wembley and the RFL really pushed it to get 42k. Then we got the World Cup with two huge crowds, including breaking the world record. Now we've quite easily managed 45k+ for an under strength Kiwis with little promotion.

We need to keep the impetus up next year and make sure we book big stadiums.

This might sound crazy but im willing to purchase a couple tickets and let someone else pick the tickets up from the ground saturday free of charge. I cannot attend myself but i want the ground full as possible.Anyone interested in taking some friends free? You can get 2x£27 for £34 with the RUGBY1O code. Anybody else who cannot go interested in doing the same?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

This might sound crazy but im willing to purchase a couple tickets and let someone else pick the tickets up from the ground saturday free of charge. I cannot attend myself but i want the ground full as possible.Anyone interested in taking some friends free? You can get 2x£27 for £34 with the RUGBY1O code. Anybody else who cannot go interested in doing the same?

That does sound crazy!

Assuming the teams are actually based in London this week, the next few days should be filled with media events and public appearances.

I think the Kiwis did an open-top bus tour around central London on Monday or Tuesday, and a public training session at Harrow School yesterday.

Edit: There's a bit here http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/73707009/kiwis-find-a-home-among-the-privileged-in-harrow-as-they-prepare-for-second-test

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Thanks. That sort of community engagement stuff is how to grow the sport's profile alongside these games. If 10 kids show, maybe a couple will be intrigues enough to go to the game. If a journo shows, maybe he'll be intrigued enough to start writing about the sport. It all adds up. These big games are, or should be, about a lot more that just the 80 minutes on Sunday.

Thanks. That sort of community engagement stuff is how to grow the sport's profile alongside these games. If 10 kids show, maybe a couple will be intrigues enough to go to the game. If a journo shows, maybe he'll be intrigued enough to start writing about the sport. It all adds up. These big games are, or should be, about a lot more that just the 80 minutes on Sunday.

True, although if it were about community engagement they would have been better going to Haringey or somewhere. I suspect Harrow was for the facilities.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived