Rant thread

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

or as its otherwise known opportunist greed which is also illegal as industry rules stand 

Illegal under what law? They can double charge, as long as they let you know at the time of booking.

45 minutes ago, CornwallRL said:

Illegal under what law? They can double charge, as long as they let you know at the time of booking.

ask the people who approve operating licences about that 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

ask the people who approve operating licences about that 

The table of fares must be published on the local council website and taxi firms must adhere to this. Here is Allerdale council’s schedule of rates…

https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/licensing-and-street-trading/taxi-licensing/

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

The table of fares must be published on the local council website and taxi firms must adhere to this. Here is Allerdale council’s schedule of rates…

https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/licensing-and-street-trading/taxi-licensing/

7 FARES 7.1.1 The council has set Hackney Carriage fares (Tariff) for journeys within its District. This sets the maximum fare that can be charged by Hackney Carriage Drivers. 7.1.2 There is no provision to set fares for Private Hire Vehicles. 7.1.3 Current fare rates are shown on the council website. The council’s official table of fares (tariff) must be displayed in Hackney Carriage Vehicles. 7.1.4 A taxi driver can charge more than the metered fare for journeys starting inside the licensing area and ending beyond the district only if this is agreed in advance. In the case of a pre-booked journey starting outside the district, the price / estimate should be given on request to the passenger, and, if so, recorded. 7.1.5 The council will review fare rates from time to time as necessary or in response to a bona fide request that has the backing of the trade in general. Proposed changes will be introduced in accordance with Section 65 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.

Hackney Carriages, ie those you can wave down, have a fixed fare table, private hire cars can charge what they want, as long as they fare is disclosed at the time of booking.

So I just get to work about 10 minutes ago and the first thing I am told by the manager is that someone from Head office came down and did an inspection on my department yesterday which was my day off. The manager says they voiced some concerns they had to the inspector but hopes nothing will come of it. 

If you don't want anything to happen about your complaints then why make them in the first ###### place?! 

And if you have concerns about my department then why the ###### haven't you come to me directly and voiced them so I can work on improving these areas?! I can't do anything about it if I don't know what the ###### problem is can I?! 

Tw*ts!! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So I just get to work about 10 minutes ago and the first thing I am told by the manager is that someone from Head office came down and did an inspection on my department yesterday which was my day off. The manager says they voiced some concerns they had to the inspector but hopes nothing will come of it. 

If you don't want anything to happen about your complaints then why make them in the first ###### place?! 

And if you have concerns about my department then why the ###### haven't you come to me directly and voiced them so I can work on improving these areas?! I can't do anything about it if I don't know what the ###### problem is can I?! 

Tw*ts!! 

Sounds like you work in the NHS?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2021 at 07:07, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Tw*ts!! 

Update on this. Someone from Head office comes down and says there had been some issues voiced.

First is there is a piece of equipment that hasn't been getting used, why hasn't it been getting used? I tell them cos none of us had ever had any training in how to use it. Head office goes to show me how to use it, sees it and says, "oh it's one of these ones, I hate these models." starts showing me how to use it and realises it's broken anyway. Says they'll get someone down to fix it, god knows when that will be. 

Second thing, asks me if I'm using another piece of equipment, I tell him I am, that's the end of that one. 

Next thing, you should be doing this other thing, you need to start picking up on this area of your work. I was right in the middle of the task being complained about when he showed up and started having a go. If he hadn't have wasted half an hour of my time showing me how to use some broken equipment I would have completed the task he was complaining hadn't been done. 

I've got my second job now anyway, as soon as I've picked a few more hours up at that one I'm leaving this first one anyway and they'll get a bloody big middle finger to go with my notice!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

just spent 25 mins on hold to esure (just to politely check they had the right card details for my renewal) when my ee fone connection cut out! WHY IS MODERN LIFE SO EFFIN DIFFICULT!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

33 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

just spent 25 mins on hold to esure (just to politely check they had the right card details for my renewal) when my ee fone connection cut out! WHY IS MODERN LIFE SO EFFIN DIFFICULT!

I tried to ring a county council number … I was 67 in the queue and was told the wait was about 4 hours . I just left the phone on charge with the music going , got to number 5 in the queue and it cut off because the office shut at 3 o’clock 

I've had to email two different employment agencies today to tell them to remove my details from their systems seen as I haven't been in contact with them for at least a year and aren't looking for work. It occurred to me how it seems that almost every job these days you have to create an account on a website just to apply for a single position and its ridiculous the amount of info some of them want. God knows how many different companies I have accounts with but I get these emails every couple of months telling me I haven't accessed my account for ages that I'd forgotten about anyway. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FAO: The makers of the roller blind I just installed. There were five words missing from the product description. After "easy to install", you omitted "if you have three hands". :kolobok_angry2:

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

Music at sporting events  , can take it or leave it myself ,but surely we have all had enough of sweet caroline . Words have no possible connection to a sporting event , the audible groans when ever someone gets up to sing it on the karaoke speak volimes . Its been done to death , stop it now .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Music at sporting events  , can take it or leave it myself ,but surely we have all had enough of sweet caroline . Words have no possible connection to a sporting event , the audible groans when ever someone gets up to sing it on the karaoke speak volimes . Its been done to death , stop it now .

Yes, but it was funny watching them try to do interviews over the sound of the crowd singing it at Bramall Lane last night

Boss comes down to my work yesterday to inspect what I've been doing. Boss says she's really impressed by what me and my colleague have done and gives me lots of praise. Client walks in and boss asks client if there are any issues. Client, who I thought I got on with, stands right in front of me and starts quite aggressively slagging off my work and basically saying I aren't doing my job. When I try to defend myself I get shouted down and condescended to by client. Boss explains they think my work is top quality. Client argues back. Boss walks me away and assures me my work is good and tells me to ignore client. 

I know the client is a moaner and complains about the littlest things but lying to my boss while I'm stood there has finished me with them. I'm just gonna show up to work, not say a word to anyone, work my shift and f*** off home again. I thought I got on with that client but apparently not. 

I just have to keep telling myself that my company think my work is really good and I shouldn't listen to a client that has a reputation as a moaner anyway but its hard to ignore someone who is constantly condescending to you and belittling everything you do. My work is good, my company said so, I just have to tell myself that. 😔

On 27/07/2022 at 22:12, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Boss comes down to my work yesterday to inspect what I've been doing. Boss says she's really impressed by what me and my colleague have done and gives me lots of praise. Client walks in and boss asks client if there are any issues. Client, who I thought I got on with, stands right in front of me and starts quite aggressively slagging off my work and basically saying I aren't doing my job. When I try to defend myself I get shouted down and condescended to by client. Boss explains they think my work is top quality. Client argues back. Boss walks me away and assures me my work is good and tells me to ignore client. 

I know the client is a moaner and complains about the littlest things but lying to my boss while I'm stood there has finished me with them. I'm just gonna show up to work, not say a word to anyone, work my shift and f*** off home again. I thought I got on with that client but apparently not. 

I just have to keep telling myself that my company think my work is really good and I shouldn't listen to a client that has a reputation as a moaner anyway but its hard to ignore someone who is constantly condescending to you and belittling everything you do. My work is good, my company said so, I just have to tell myself that. 😔

I know the client is a moaner and complains about the littlest things.

Is your client a rugby league fan, by any chance? 😃😃

• Haha 2

On 27/07/2022 at 22:12, The Hallucinating Goose said:

There are a lot of n#bheads out there mate.best ignore them especially as the boss thinks you are doing well

• Like 1

Now i did a 24 hour shift on saturday into sunday

Finished work at 11am

Got home and was fine as i was well rewarded financially for my shift. 

So i was shattered

Went to bed just after mid day to find the local pub right near where i live had a soul day disco on

It was so noisy

I was livid