Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

30th Sept : The Million Pound Game : Leigh Centurions v Catalans Dragons K.O. 3pm Sky TV

Just now, Jim Prendle said:

At least there's a chance of me getting there on time for the kick off though, eh?

Hmmph...thought you were too recent a contributor to know about that! 

Mind you, the legend goes on and on I suppose. :sad:

RADFORD OUT!

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Hmmph...thought you were too recent a contributor to know about that! 

Mind you, the legend goes on and on I suppose. :sad:

"a non-historical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical."

Legend? Really?

All undeniably true from what I was told.

Provided they can execute better than at London  Leigh by 8 but Catalans making a game of it.

Looking forward to the number of threads on TRL after Catalans relegation:devil:

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

5 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

"a non-historical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as hysterical."

Legend? Really?

All undeniably true from what I was told.

Thats a bit more accurate.

RADFORD OUT!

I just want to see both clubs bringing their 'A' game, making a good contest of it... and the whole thing to be decided without any controversy that could be conceived by anyone who isn't hopelessly paranoid. A clear-cut result, and best of luck to both Leigh and Catalans.

• Thanks 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

11 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I was at the Million Penny game between Swinton-Oldham a few weeks ago and it's not great to see people upset, but it is part of sport.

To be fair a lot of the Roughyeds fans said the Swinton fans were pretty empathetic after the game and didn't rub it in.

Lets hope the same thing happens at the weekend.

With the small amount of Catalans fans that will be there I doubt that there will be a repeat of last year!

• Like 1

As much as I'd like to see Catalans in Super League next year I don't think they deserve it. Been disappointing all season, poor management from top to bottom. A year in the Championship with Toulouse will give them a local derby and facing part time sides like Halifax, Featherstone etc.. will give them the wake up call they really need hope this has no effect on how France perform at the RLWC.

• Haha 1

Tierney is not a good fullback, he does make plenty of metres but he's weak at catching bombs. A liability, plain and simple.

Inu is great when he wants, poor the rest of the time. Thornley is hopeless at wing, he doesn't nail the basics. Duport is playing with a busted knee. Williame has poor decision making. Our backline is not SL worthy and I'd argue there are a handful of Championship teams running with a better one.

The poorest of them all is the coach though. His "playing style" is disgustingly anti-rugby. We just ram it down the middle "trying to be patient, waiting for the opponent error", who are we, Brisbane Broncos? Plot twist, Broncos have world class players, we don't. Widnes down to 12, full set to defend on their line and coach wants the two. Widnes up by 2, 1 minute left on the clock, penalty, let's run this one because we don't care about home advantage against Leigh!

Also, the last horror story, the staff told Justin Horo they don't want him next season but they're trying to make Louis Anderson stay.

Truth to be told, I'd rather be a good championship side with 90% of French players than watch the Dad's army full of NRL retirees we've had so far. Best thing to come with getting relegated is the contracts are broken so we can say "Adeu" to the coach and the heaviest players in order to build a stronger squad. I just hope they won't ditch U19/U23 in the process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DG70 said:

Only way Leigh are losing this is if they freeze and Cats put in best performance of their season, otherwise Leigh to win by plenty.... which would be a shame just to see the meltdown from DB! 

In meltdown again?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

5 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Tierney is not a good fullback, he does make plenty of metres but he's weak at catching bombs. A liability, plain and simple.

Yes, I think he's had a negative impact since his arrival.  His fluffed bomb at such a crucial stage last weekend really summed him up.

I know it's just one negative in a sea of many though.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

31 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Leigh to win, followed by the RFL desperately trying to find a loophole to keep Catalan in the top flight.

I think the loophole will be "because we say so" and it will be in 2019.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Hvy wg said:

In the news today : McNamara is not sure if Inu is a good player and wants to drop him. Iain Thornley to centre and Yaha wing. 

Might be a bit late for those sort of changes 

18 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Cats should take a gamble and play Lucas Albert from the start 

I agree. 

And pick Yaha if fit too. Thornley tries hard but is not a SL level talent. Yaha makes errors but also scores tries 

8 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

I agree. 

And pick Yaha if fit too. Thornley tries hard but is not a SL level talent. Yaha makes errors but also scores tries 

But Thornley was a great prospect when at Wigan.  Highly thought of and upset Leneghan when he left for Rovers.  I think I'd back Wigans knowledge of him on that.

Yaha, who has improved in defence this year, should be in and DuPort back to centre.  That side will get hammered by Leigh, but at least those two know each other better.  I would put Thornley back at centre, where he's played most of his career and Williame on the wing.  The issue will be whether Inu plays.  I wouldn't pick him, but, based on performances, especially recently, there is a case for him keep Duport out.

No secret I rate SMc, as a coach and a person, but I could criticise on Cats not bringing anyone in.  Maybe it was tried, but just looking at previous recruitment - Thornley, Williame, Horo are all right sided players. Existing DuPort, Yaha are the same.  Not hard to work out if you want a balanced team.

2 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

In the news today : McNamara is not sure if Inu is a good player and wants to drop him. Iain Thornley to centre and Yaha wing. 

No, Inu is absolutley wonderful he does not warrent dropping, keep him in the team:ph34r:

• Haha 2

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"