Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

27 Sept: Qualifiers: Salford Red Devils v Toulouse Olympique KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toulouse Olympique
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/09/18 at 18:45

well done to Salford for retaining their place in SL, commiserations to TO, just a game too far I fear and very likely to cost them a chance at the MPG. They can but hope that Halifax does them a favour.

Yep. Well done Salford. They have been easily good enough to stay up. Need more quality for next year, assuming no JH.

TO xiii. This was probably a year too early for them. This is their first year at this level, and they weren't out of their depth. 

Need to get their stadium sorted, and get 2 or 3 big, ugly forwards, as well as a modicum of consistency. But, that said, they are a bloody entertaining side to watch, and will be a serious threat to win automatic promotion next year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I never realised that there were so many Salford haters on here.   Very sad.

As for Jackson I am hopeful that the club can do a deal - he was emotional about how the fans had taken him to their hearts.   He enjoys his partnership with Lui meanwhile Lussick has signed for 2 years and that will wear well with Hastings.

3 home wins, including 2 against SL sides, is a great return in their first effort at this level. Undefeated at home. Ultimately, they were poor on the road and that cost them.

Makes you wonder how this could have gone had they finished second instead of third in the Championship. Points difference just a little better and they'd have had London at home instead of away.

Ah well. There's still hope that London get stuffed by Halifax for them.

• Like 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

I never realised that there were so many Salford haters on here.   Very sad.

As for Jackson I am hopeful that the club can do a deal - he was emotional about how the fans had taken him to their hearts.   He enjoys his partnership with Lui meanwhile Lussick has signed for 2 years and that will wear well with Hastings.

I have enjoyed watching Salford in the play offs and I am pleased they will be in Super League next season.

I would like London to win the MPG as they have been good to watch in the qualifiers also. 

Having said that all the sides involved deserve credit.

5 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

This...

I don’t buy the argument being spouted by Lobby. A guaranteed promotion spot is available next year. Whoever out of Toronto, London and Toulouse don’t get promoted with a massive opportunity to win promotion without having to beat SL sides in the process. It’ll great to watch (as it was pre-licencing), especially when you take into account Widnes, Leigh, Halifax, Featherstone and possibly Bradford involved as well.

the two highlighted teams kinda threw in the towels after not making the top 4. Rovers owner stating he might not invest in the club anymore, whether that's just a hissy fit because he was a big no vote at the EGM or not is to be seen. Leigh are in a major rebuild solely on the central funding, since they are losing to the bottom 6 of the champ now i would adjust your expectations for them. Bradford, Fax, Toulouse and whoever else doesn't make SL will be the big guns in the comp. York have been doing wonders but it depends what their recruitment plans are for next year, i definitely don't see them as a relegation risk, just an unknown if they will be middle of the pack or challenging for top 5.

Edited by Krzzystuff

9 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I'm not surprised you don't care about any of those things: you've consistently said on here that you don't watch Super League. 

Doesn't stop me wanting my home City team to win though, particularly as my son's are season ticket holders. I do watch Salford when I can just to spend time with my boys but I don't like Super Greed generally and have not watched a single game on tv all this season. I could have gone to my local pub to watch this game before I went to work but didn't bother. If it had been played Sunday I would have gone to the game. Toulouse are not SL.  Crosfields .v. Saddleworth Saturday and Batley .v. Swinton sunday. Still get my RL fix.

Ha, Crosfields v Saddleworth? Champagne Charlies. I'm a real RL fan and I'd rather not go to any games whatsoever in case anyone taking part has had a trial at a Super Greed club or perhaps seen a Super Duper Greed game on TV.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Fantastic season by Toulouse, that shouldn't be forgotten.

I thought that Toulouse gave everything that they had and they were applauded off at the end,did their lap of honour,signed lots off autographs,had pictures taken,took pictures for fans and overall were excellent ambassadors for their club and the French league set up.

In my opinion they deserve to progress and I hope that they carry on doing so.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Feel a bit sorry for Toulouse. Unlucky against Toronto and were better than Leeds for swathes of the game. They were defeated tonight in a large part due to a player who shouldn’t have been on the pitch, after his light suspension. 

However, ultimately, Toulouse lack some steel in the middle of the park to compete at the top level. Curran has been injured for parts of the qualifiers, Mika and Planas are past it and they don’t have any depth. They could really do with taking on some Catalans youngsters - likes of Margaret or Seguier would do brilliantly for them. They could also do with a bit of strength and conditioning to bulk them up a bit and work on the ruck, without losing their flair and athleticism. They have progressed this year though and have a young side so will rightly be one of the favourites to go up in 2019

On a side note, Tyla Hepi has developed well and is very impressive now

That's pretty much how I see it.  I thought that TO were light in squad depth at the beginning of the season and, (although 1st half good footwork etc, their forwards got up the pitch well),  Salfords depth of decent forwards off the bench was the deciding factor.  That, 2 missed chances 1st half and 2 needless errors 2nd half, when they were on Salfords line.

Hepi played well 1st half, despite O'Connor saying he wasn't a prop!, but overall, the team is coached to play as a Team.  Houles is doing a good job in my book.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:40 PM, Southerner80 said:

TO have done well to pick up 3 wins from the 8s. Hopefully they can kick on and target the Championship Title for next year.    The Game blew out a bit at the end, however this Salford team are ultimately a SL level outfit as long as they can keep their star HB and Hooker.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:46 PM, damp squib said:

They won't though and everyone knows it. The club is a shell. Salford instead of Toulouse in SL is great for Salford fans but that's about it.

Are you also able to tell us what everyone knows about next week's lottery numbers? I want to know which ones to avoid, like.