7 Oct: League 1 Promotion Final: Bradford Bulls v Workington Town KO 3pm

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Workington Town

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/18 at 14:00

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Scarey71 said:

and mine...

I've actually been surprised at the level of enthusiasm and pride JK has shown for the club. 

He speaks warmly of getting it back to where it can and should be and though he'd never have been my choice he's definitely converted me.

Certainly seems more affectionate about the club than that proud Bradfordian who lost JP and signed Harris (good work that...), ran off to Wigan as soon as the going got tough, did nothing of note there, reappeared trumpeting how Toronto would partner Bradford beneficially before promptly disappearing back up his own 4rse again?

If he pulls off the unthinkable and gets Bradford back within sniffing distance of SL standard again he'll be one of the greatest coaches we've had in my eyes. 

Clearly you have an issue with Brian Noble, but you've picked the wrong target. Blame for the Harris/Peacock fiasco lies squarely at the door of that other proud Bradfordian, Chris Caisley. Read Jamie's book.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

12 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

"Diehard" is a wrong term and I apologise for it. A better term would be, in career terms, "lifelong".

I'm certainly not questioning their commitment to the club but Steve Crossley, Elliott Minchella, Ross Peltier and George Flanagan developed their game elsewhere.

My argument about John Kear is that the Bulls are just the latest hook to hang his tracksuit on. He has an exceptional  record for wringing the best out of unpromising teams but does he have a true feeling for the city of Bradford and our young kids, or is he just doing his job? To be fair, most of his predecessors have also been just doing their job, but some have shown a bit more passion for the town and the team.

I've just spent £500 on season tickets and will be paying my £20 on Sunday. I'll still be going home and away next season, irrespective of which division we're in. But that's because I can love the club without necessarily loving the 17 on the pitch or the style that they are playing.

I've been going for to Odsal and most away games for 40 years throughout all the peaks and troughs and am entitled to express my opinion about the current team. I've been working for 40-odd years and am entitled to express my opinion about the current operations. I've been voting for nearly  50 years and am entitled to express my opinion about the current political parties.

What's so different about delivering a critique of the Bulls?

I don’t agree with your assessment of the four players. But I’m not going to argue with you further on it in public. We’re all Bulls together. 

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

13 hours ago, Stan Doffarf said:

Clearly you have an issue with Brian Noble, but you've picked the wrong target. Blame for the Harris/Peacock fiasco lies squarely at the door of that other proud Bradfordian, Chris Caisley. Read Jamie's book.

"... 'You wont go play for those b4stards'.  And with that I left and drove over to Headingley to sign the contract."... the bit along those lines?

Sorry my opinion but I will never be in the cult of St Noble.

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Expecting a big crowd Sunday? Surely one of the biggest Bulls games in a few years.

Yes, I think it is. Crowd is hard to guess to be honest. We've averaged a massive (by div 3 standards) 3.2 to 3.4K over the season  but only got C2.9K for the semi, which was actually more of a 'do or die' game than the final, given that there is now a second chance against Rochdale or Swinton which came about in the re-organisation. I'll guess at C3.5 K, but could be wrong, either way.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

This is interesting. Purely from what I've heard from people at work & at the local club, I think this could be a 4.5k crowd. Several people who haven't been to a game for 3yrs+ are planning on going. Purely because there is a chance we could go up on Sunday, unlike Oldham last week where there was a chance we could stay in L1.

These are people who always ask me how Bulls are doing, but gave up going, for various reasons....

Interesting that they now feel they need to support Bulls in person on Sunday.

I expect there'll be around 500 Town fans there on Sunday. I think there's 7 coaches filled and many more are planning to drive down.

Whoever wins, lets hope its a big crowd and a decent pay day for both clubs.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I regularly travel a 600 mile round trip to watch the Bulls at home games. Last week was a miss for me thanks to the RFL who had first announced the two top sides would automatically be promoted. Then changed their minds to play offs, which meant I had no time to arrange accommodation and travel, plus when the supposed last home game was played it involved a nightmare travel with industrial rail action and storm damage. Unfortunately cannot travel again this weekend due to previous commitments, and having noticed how the RFL loves to change fixtures around, I guess I'm not the only one affected. On a lighter note have my season tickets for next year, and just hope the RFL will now stop 'helping' the club. Without them life would be so much happier, and as I am 84 years young next season I would feel happier if they left season fixtures alone.

1 hour ago, indomitable said:

Last week was a miss for me thanks to the RFL who had first announced the two top sides would automatically be promoted. 

When was that then? As far as I recall, it was always the case that the top club would go up automatically and the next clubs would be in a playoff. 

1 hour ago, indomitable said:

thanks to the RFL who had first announced the two top sides would automatically be promoted. Then changed their minds to play offs

The RFL never announced any such thing. The season began with everyone knowing that only the top team went up automatically and teams 2-5 would be in play offs to decide the second promotion place. There was a later proposal that the top 2 go up automatically but that was rejected by the League 1 clubs themselves so the original plans stayed in place.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Stayed loyal? Their average crowd is 3.2k these days. What happened to the other ten thousand?

Roughly, we lost about 1500 regulars every time we had an administration (new owners/new promises to break) event. And we lost about 1500 fans dropping each division. 

Everyone has a limit. 

Theres still a large latent fanbase which has got out of the habit of going to games. 

The only answer I have for getting them back is:

1 - Competitiveness on the pitch

2 - competent board level management

3 - honest communication 

4 - Local kids coming through the academy. 

And don’t screw it up again

Streaming this via the TV's browser. Picture fine, sound a bit unbalanced. Still, very glad to have the chance to watch this game.

Currently Bradford 4:0 Workington

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived