Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

18 May: Betfred Championship - Summer Bash Day 1 Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Discuss the Betfred Championship - Summer Bash Day 1 games here.

(All at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool)

Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique KO 1.15pm (TV)
Rochdale Hornets v Swinton Lions KO 3.30pm (TV)
Featherstone Rovers v York City Knights KO 5.45pm (TV)
Bradford Bulls v Halifax KO 8pm (TV)

  • Thanks 1

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear another pasting from Fev, unless we can get some of the injured back in. We made hard work of Batley at home and by all accounts it was similar at Rochdale. The players who are still fit are out of gas. Tough gig for the Knights, but they're nothing if not spirited.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique BY 10 expecting this to be a crazy game
Rochdale Hornets v Swinton Lions by 8
Featherstone Rovers v York City Knights by 18
Bradford Bulls v Halifax KO 8pm by 12

all pretty good games on paper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I fear another pasting from Fev

As a Fev fan I hope you're right, but at Blackpool the pastings are usually handed out to Fev, rather than by us.

Thumped 31-12 by Leigh
Walloped 37-0 by Halifax
Hammered 42-16 by London.
Then beaten 24-18 by Halifax last year.

Oh, and we lost to Halifax in the Northern Rail Final there too in 2012.

There will be some relief amongst Fev fans if we can get that monkey off our back this year.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto Wolfpack by 10
Swinton Lions by 18
York City Knights by 8
Bradford Bulls by 6 

  • Like 2

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last few postings probably don't take into account of Yorks massive injury list .

All I want is 100% from all selected .

Up the resilient kneets😀😀😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, John Drake said:

 

(All at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool)

Toronto Wolfpack 16 v 22 Toulouse Olympique KO 1.15pm (TV)
Rochdale Hornets 6 v  14 Swinton Lions KO 3.30pm (TV)
Featherstone Rovers 32 v 18 York City Knights KO 5.45pm (TV)
Bradford Bulls 16 v 26 Halifax KO 8pm (TV)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique BY 10 expecting this to be a crazy game
Rochdale Hornets v Swinton Lions by 8
Featherstone Rovers v York City Knights by 18
Bradford Bulls v Halifax KO 8pm by 12

all pretty good games on paper

Can I have some of your silly powder,  York by 18, we put 40 odd past them last month!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im expecting there to be a different mentality to the Fax team that Bradford will be facing this time to the one they faced a few weeks ago. Scott Grix should make a difference to us and it poses a few selection dilemmas after the convincing win against Dewsbury. Despite losing the last game, a game we looked comfortable in for 65 minutes, and Bradfords performance against a shambolic Leeds team, Im going for a Fax win by about 14. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fev1983 said:

Can I have some of your silly powder,  York by 18, we put 40 odd past them last month!!

Widnes put 40 odd past York. 2 weeks later they got beat by York. Funny old game innit?

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners Letterheads Tickets Invitations Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Dewsbury Rams & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Judah Mazive for the 2019 Season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Widnes put 40 odd past York. 2 weeks later they got beat by York. Funny old game innit?

If there's one thing I've learned from watching this division over the years, it's that reverse fixtures often produce a reversal of the earlier result. The team that has won the first encounter can become a bit complacent, the team that lost the first meeting is well motivated, and especially when the teams are relatively well matched, that can make all the difference.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halifax have had an extra day's rest and had easier opposition.

Or something like that would have mattered if it was from a Halifax point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will handle Toulouse at SB. Talking to some of the boys at the May 2 party at 3B and they were still smarting over this blot on their copybook, vowed there wasn't going to be a repeat.  WP by 10.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2019 at 17:24, hindle xiii said:

Halifax have had an extra day's rest and had easier opposition.

Or something like that would have mattered if it was from a Halifax point of view.

Halifax had easier opposition, really? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting worried now.


RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique (Toronto win by 14 points)
Rochdale Hornets v Swinton Lions (Swinton win by  😎
York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers (Fev win by 6)
Halifax v Bradford Bulls (Fax win by 4)

Edited by clogdance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're looking ok at the moment.  Early season performances were very much hampered by half back pairings that, for various reasons, simply didn't work for the team.  Now we've got a settled pairing that works how it should then we look better all over the park.  Add to that the FB frailties have been dealt with and its easy to see why the performances are improving.  So I'm hoping we play well in Blackpool, and the result will take care of itself.

Several things worry me about Halifax.  First revenge motivation after two losses already this season. One being particularly painful.  The others being Scott Murrell, who always tortures us.  And Scott Grix, who is just an all-round classy player.  Fax also have the league's top points scorer.

Should be a good game.


Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

Fax also have the league's top points scorer.

Should be a good game.

Steve Tyrer is out injured. Ben White likely the Goal Kicker. Ben obviously not as good as Steve, especially when kicking from wide out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Konkrete said:

We're looking ok at the moment.  Early season performances were very much hampered by half back pairings that, for various reasons, simply didn't work for the team.  Now we've got a settled pairing that works how it should then we look better all over the park.  Add to that the FB frailties have been dealt with and its easy to see why the performances are improving.  So I'm hoping we play well in Blackpool, and the result will take care of itself.

Several things worry me about Halifax.  First revenge motivation after two losses already this season. One being particularly painful.  The others being Scott Murrell, who always tortures us.  And Scott Grix, who is just an all-round classy player.  Fax also have the league's top points scorer.

Should be a good game.

Speaking to Fax fans before the game at the Shay, they were far from complimentary about Murrell. As a Bulls' fan who has been tormented far too many times by that guy I was amazed, tbh.

You're generally spot on though, they have quite a few genuine matchwinners and are going to be a handful. I just hope we've got rid of last weekend from the system and are going in full throttle - if not, it might not be very nice.....well not for us, anyway.


No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...