Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bomb Jack

Kevin Brown to Leigh

Recommended Posts

If confirmed, it's a good move for both club and player. At least he can kick.

  • Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

If he’s fit why wasn’t he playing instead of the young kid at the weekend 

Wire de-registered him at the start of the year so his salary was then exempt from the SC. If they played him last week then his entire years salary would count on the cap for 2019. They had probably already used some of his cap space to upgrade other players contract during the year as they hadn't expected Brown to play again in 2019. Playing him would probably have then taken them over the cap.

  • Thanks 1

This is captain Juncker speaking. The EU gravy train is about to enter Brussels, so will all Brits please exit at the next stop

To all remaining passengers, thank you for your continued custom and contributions to my pension fund

Kind Regards - YOUR PRESIDENT !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Wire de-registered him at the start of the year so his salary was then exempt from the SC. If they played him last week then his entire years salary would count on the cap for 2019. They had probably already used some of his cap space to upgrade other players contract during the year as they hadn't expected Brown to play again in 2019. Playing him would probably have then taken them over the cap.

He's signed on loan so must still be a Warrington player? If so Warrington have to include his salary on their salary cap spend but can offset what Leigh pay for his services...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He's signed on loan so must still be a Warrington player? If so Warrington have to include his salary on their salary cap spend but can offset what Leigh pay for his services...   

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/17429380.warrington-wolves-granted-salary-cap-dispensation/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Mr Beaumont is eying winning the Play Offs, never mind all this nonsense of saying Leigh are building for next season in the Championship.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Looks like Mr Beaumont is eying winning the Play Offs, never mind all this nonsense of saying Leigh are building for next season in the Championship.

....but he is. No one is going to beat the tw'@pack with all the advantages they have (earned) in the play off series.  The recent permanent signings are signed for 2020 also.  If Leigh managed to win through in the play offs to the final they could possibly have had to go to Toulouse and also Toronto twice, (maybe Toulouse twice) thats not including Toronto in their last game of the regular season.  With a mainly part time squad I would say it wuld be a miracle if Leigh got promoted.  Maybe Leigh should finish 4th then at least they get one home play off game, as 2nd is unlikely


Here we go again .....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Looks like Mr Beaumont is eying winning the Play Offs, never mind all this nonsense of saying Leigh are building for next season in the Championship.

Bomo plays at being Bojo!

Edited by Oxford

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it will all end in tears and mr beaumont will declare leigh skint again.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

 

You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sweaty craiq said:

just 2 more signed on Friday to announce who fly in this week

Bevan French and Elijah Taylor? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Bevan French and Elijah Taylor? 😉

Mr. Roarke and Tattoo

  • Haha 1

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Maybe a deal was done with one of those that allowed them to acclimatize to the UK this season???

  Do loan players not have any transfer deadline - or is it just Leigh that are exempt?

 https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55124/signings-and-registration-deadlines-update


     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I know that but was replying to Toppy who reckons his full cap value would go onto Warrington's total if he played this season - if that's true then playing for someone else on loan would likely also count but TBH I can't be bothered to check up on the rule. I'm sure the clubs know what they're doing 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only think that we are signing presumably,a few full time players,on the proviso that we do end up with 5 away trips to t.o and twp,to cover for the part time lads that perhaps can't take all that time off(credit where it's due,the young lads have been fantastic),or the other reason could be that,oh wait....no,nothing, I have NOTHING!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I can only think that we are signing presumably,a few full time players,on the proviso that we do end up with 5 away trips to t.o and twp,to cover for the part time lads that perhaps can't take all that time off(credit where it's due,the young lads have been fantastic),or the other reason could be that,oh wait....no,nothing, I have NOTHING!

We are going to TW to win, we will then play TO at home, go to TW again and win comfortably, before going there again and putting the final nail in the dream. Dexy has got a new air miles card

Edited by sweaty craiq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

  Do loan players not have any transfer deadline - or is it just Leigh that are exempt?

 https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55124/signings-and-registration-deadlines-update

Turns out warrington and Featherstone must have exemption too then since they've also announced signings this week.

 

 

...or of course you could just read the press release where it says he was registered before the deadline last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...