Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Copa

Choose a name for our Jamaican rugby league fan group

Recommended Posts

Now we’ve selected a team, 

 we need a name for our Jamaican rugby league fan group to go on the team’s jersey. 

Some options I’ve come up with:

1- Friends of the Hyenas

2- Friends of Hyenas Rugby League

3- The Hyenas fan club

4- Friends of Jamaican rugby league

5- Jamaican Rugby League fans

6- Cool Rugby fan club

Choose one (or a couple) or add your own suggestions.

Edited by Copa
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friends of Jamaican Rugby League.

I'd like to think that next year we could do this again, but maybe sponsor another team.  I believe everyone put money in to help the whole of Jamaican Rugby League not just one team and because of that the name should reflect that we support all Jamaican rugby league teams not just one. And Friends because we all just want to help, plus it was the name used on the donation page so if your not on this forum and donated you can at least see that the money was used on Jamaican Rugby League.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, North but south said:

Friends of Jamaican Rugby League.

I'd like to think that next year we could do this again, but maybe sponsor another team.  I believe everyone put money in to help the whole of Jamaican Rugby League not just one team and because of that the name should reflect that we support all Jamaican rugby league teams not just one. And Friends because we all just want to help, plus it was the name used on the donation page so if your not on this forum and donated you can at least see that the money was used on Jamaican Rugby League.

 

I can’t argue with that. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4, with ‘Total RL Forum’ in small writing underneath so people know where to find us? Or even ‘Find/ Join is at the TotalRL Forum’?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

4, with ‘Total RL Forum’ in small writing underneath so people know where to find us? Or even ‘Find/ Join is at the TotalRL Forum’?

Find us/join us is good or even just @ Totalrl Forum 

I guess it all depends on if the forum gives permission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Copa said:

Find us/join us is good or even just @ Totalrl Forum 

I guess it all depends on if the forum gives permission.

They already have ages ago, it was the day after the TRL night out, when we that was. @John Drake will you confirm it’s still ok please?

Edited by Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this isn't against the rules, I'm not going to start up a new thread about it but if anyone wants to do a similar thing with the Nicaraguan domestic comp I can arrange it. They have zero sponsors between the 4 team's so there could be some pretty well priced packages.

  • Like 2

new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pulga said:

I hope this isn't against the rules, I'm not going to start up a new thread about it but if anyone wants to do a similar thing with the Nicaraguan domestic comp I can arrange it. They have zero sponsors between the 4 team's so there could be some pretty well priced packages.

Send me a direct message mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pulga said:

I hope this isn't against the rules, I'm not going to start up a new thread about it but if anyone wants to do a similar thing with the Nicaraguan domestic comp I can arrange it. They have zero sponsors between the 4 team's so there could be some pretty well priced packages.

I'd happily give a tenner each month if something was set up. I'm sure others would sign up also. Maybe each quarter we decide who should get the cash. Jamaica this time. Maybe Nicaragua next. Then Nigeria or whoever. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

I'd happily give a tenner each month if something was set up. I'm sure others would sign up also. Maybe each quarter we decide who should get the cash. Jamaica this time. Maybe Nicaragua next. Then Nigeria or whoever. 

 

I can ask the guys at Dev Inno (who set up this Jamaican one) to do this for us. I know one the founders so should be easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friends of Jamaican Rugby League gets my vote.

I'm up for regular donations to help other clubs and competitions, although if that happens we might need to become Friends of World Rugby League or similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Friends of Jamaican Rugby League gets my vote.

I'm up for regular donations to help other clubs and competitions, although if that happens we might need to become Friends of World Rugby League or similar.

World Rugby League is the name of the rival governing body that has headquarters in Pakistan and includes Greece, Italy and Argentina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not use a quote from one of the greatest Jamaicans of all time, Bob Marley ...."

"We're Jamin' ... we hope you like Jamin' too"

Everyone will immediately recognise it as being connected with Jamiaca while the words themselves could also be thought of as "We are Jamaican .. and we hope you like Jamaica too".

EDIT .. If you wish then I suppose (in case of any copyright issues) you could change it slightly to "We're Jamain ... we hope you like Jamain too

 

Edited by RL does what Sky says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...