8 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Hope this helps put this into perspective. I should hate anyone get the wrong idea.

The bill is technically an explanation of charges, and because Flor has insurance including Medicare, he won’t have to pay the vast majority of it. In fact because he had COVID-19, and not a different disease, he might not have to pay anything.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/inspiring-story-of-seattle-mans-coronavirus-survival-comes-with-a-1-1-million-dollar-hospital-bill/

Four legs good - two legs bad

48 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Hope this helps put this into perspective. I should hate anyone get the wrong idea.

The bill is technically an explanation of charges, and because Flor has insurance including Medicare, he won’t have to pay the vast majority of it. In fact because he had COVID-19, and not a different disease, he might not have to pay anything.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/inspiring-story-of-seattle-mans-coronavirus-survival-comes-with-a-1-1-million-dollar-hospital-bill/

Wow. Might not have to. I'm sure he'll have a nice relaxing time waiting for his insurance to agree.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

30 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Wow. Might not have to. I'm sure he'll have a nice relaxing time waiting for his insurance to agree.

Dad, dad! I caught one, I caught one! ????????????????????????

Pretty poor specimin, though, son. Throw him back. 

Edited by JohnM

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

Is the 4th July confirmed? I thought the official statement was "not before 4th July", not "on the 4th July."

No, it's not confirmed.  The government said opening was 'from' 4 July, if safe.  But my hairdresser has advised that if 4 July isn't the date then those of us booked for that date will simply be moved to the actual date and all other bookings will follow after.  She has spent a lot of time working it all out!

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

The idea of a medical bill for a hospital stay really is an odd thing for our ears

19 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The idea of a medical bill for a hospital stay really is an odd thing for our ears

Our eyes are more or less the only ones in most of Europe that don't see a cost breakdown of their treatment, so yes, it does sound odd. 

In the example quoted in this thread, that's what it is. A cost breakdown, not a bill. 

59 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Our eyes are more or less the only ones in most of Europe that don't see a cost breakdown of their treatment, so yes, it does sound odd. 

In the example quoted in this thread, that's what it is. A cost breakdown, not a bill. 

It was effectively a cost breakdown but also included account numbers for payment, as described in an article I read it was a bit shoddy on how it was outlined

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

yep, although I was fortunate to have private medical from the company I worked for. It covered the whole family.

As it was my wife and two of my children have had operations paid by the insurance - in fact some more than once. Included sports injury, sking injury and just accident or  wear and tear... 

When getting a copy of bill/cost breakdown I was always surprised by the detail. The minor items where listed such as bandage, coverings, plaster, cotton buds, etc etc etc.... must admit the level of detail was surprising...

Yes indeed. Interesting reading. Not meaning to make it political, by the way, just factual. 

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Yep, I've lived abroad and experienced it but it still is so strange 

33 minutes ago, redjonn said:

yep, although I was fortunate to have private medical from the company I worked for. It covered the whole family.

As it was my wife and two of my children have had operations paid by the insurance - in fact some more than once. Included sports injury, sking injury and just accident or  wear and tear... 

When getting a copy of bill/cost breakdown I was always surprised by the detail. The minor items where listed such as bandage, coverings, plaster, cotton buds, etc etc etc.... must admit the level of detail was surprising...

And what about the breakdown of the cost to do the breakdown

Madness

• Like 1

Shops are re-opening, but changing rooms are not. What are my rights if I get an Item of clothing home and it doesn't fit? Am I allowed to return it to the store for a refund or exchange as is normal within the Consumer Rights Act 2015, or are there special laws now preventing this?

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Shops are re-opening, but changing rooms are not. What are my rights if I get an Item of clothing home and it doesn't fit? Am I allowed to return it to the store for a refund or exchange as is normal within the Consumer Rights Act 2015, or are there special laws now preventing this?

As far as I know unless an item can't be returned for hygiene reasons (like underwear, swimwear etc) then it's still covered. John Lewis for example have given specific guidance on their return policy. I don't know where the CRA comes into it, but often retailers will tell you at the point of sale that they won't be accepting returns on that specific item. 

• Thanks 1

Rejoice! The public toilets of Hastings have reopened!

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Genuinely good news, providing the processes are in place. We have been out for a couple of hours wandering Edinburgh getting exercise with our 4 year old and we had to come home only due to lack of toilets. 

I know it is a pandemic, but it is lovely walking round the Royal Mile right now... 

IMG_20200615_112537.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Well 14 days in prison is the going rate for being caught short nowadays ?

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Genuinely good news, providing the processes are in place. We have been out for a couple of hours wandering Edinburgh getting exercise with our 4 year old and we had to come home only due to lack of toilets. 

I know it is a pandemic, but it is lovely walking round the Royal Mile right now... 

IMG_20200615_112537.jpg

Looks so good without all of the tourists who are normally there, like me ??

• Like 1

Good to see Dominic Raab stating as soon as they get to the bottom of why BAME people are more affected by Covid , they'll announce it along with recommendations at today's briefing 

Edinburghs empty because everyones at a retail park or sports direct!  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I didn’t know you were into that. 

17 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Not up here, still closed! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I didn’t know you were into that. 

#NormalforHastings

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Massive queues outside the Leigh Tesco's today ( Sports Direct have a store inside it ) all about 2 feet apart ten minutes before the heavens opened , similarily Leigh town centre , the pedestrian area was packed with various queues all trying to not get in each others way 

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Have you waited this long?

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.