Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

14 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/02/20 at 19:45

We don't have a great record at the AJ Bell, saying that, we've had some impressive wins there too,last season, Thursday night on SKY springs to mind!, i hope there's another on the way on Friday.

Defence still hasn’t settled but it will at some point. I expect an improved performance from Salford but we won’t hit full speed for a few rounds yet. I’m sure Huddersfield won’t have welcomed the week off so early in the season though. I have no idea on the result to be honest! 

Having seen Salford's defence (sic) in their two games so far, I think Huddersfield are favourites for the win. I hope I'm wrong.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Early days in the comp but fully expect Salford to improve, particularly in defence, as for Hudds, depends which one turns up on the day, Salford should win this.

Good win for the giants at Catalan, Sezer looked very good for his first game and could do for the giants what Hastings did for Salford last term, Salford didn't look that good against a lack lustre TWP, Giants by 12.

Salford generally do very well against us, but then so do most clubs this last few seasons. That said Salford look weaker than last season ( at the moment ) while the giants look much improved, Time to start to perform this season. Hopefully us for this one but they have been a real bogie team for us.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Salford by a Golden Pointer (as opposed to a Golden Retriever)

Edited by Bleep1673

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

On 12/02/2020 at 17:22, DavidM said:

Giants , they’ll be the surprise packages this year 

I agree with this.  They have quietly assembled a very competitive squad and Sezer could prove to be the key cog in the wheel to free up some of their attacking threat and a great foil to Gaskell.

5 minutes ago, LR23 said:

Salford’s two best forwards so far this season missing- not a good sign.

Who are they?

14 minutes ago, TBC said:

Who are they?

Accrington and Stanley. Another joke for the teenagers, there...

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I thought after a week , and analysis by the refs and their bosses , the ptb enforcement would come in this week . But no , so I’ve no idea why they tweaked the rule about playing the ball . It’s literally the same as before 

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

6-4 Hudds HT. Also-rans...

Salford’s defence is a damn sight better than last week. Judge us in a few weeks time but mid-table is probably about right.

44 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I thought after a week , and analysis by the refs and their bosses , the ptb enforcement would come in this week . But no , so I’ve no idea why they tweaked the rule about playing the ball . It’s literally the same as before 

Wardle was about the only player to play the ball with his foot and got done for an incorrect PTB.

The PTB clampdown is unique in rugby league history. It's the only one that never even made it to the first game of the season.

• Like 1

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley