Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

5 Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Toronto Wolfpack KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Toronto Wolfpack

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/20 at 19:45

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

I've really upset you haven't I ??

Not me you started it I'm only replying.  I was just a little when it wasnt 24-0 to see those silly black and Amber wigs avoiding eye contact 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, Wildcat said:

But do you hate them? ?

I'm sure he said " HAVE " not hate ,so that's fine ?

• Haha 1

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, Wildcat said:

But do you hate them? ?

And there endeth the lesson , before nipping out to ALDI ( other cheapo supermarkets are available ) , check the post you made 

ps , good job I checked this one , because it put energy instead of endeth ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Not me you started it I'm only replying.  I was just a little when it wasnt 24-0 to see those silly black and Amber wigs avoiding eye contact 

I have absolutely no idea what that means

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

2 hours ago, TBone said:

I have no idea which players were available when they were doing their planning for the season (or maybe when someone had the bright idea of signing SBW,). And, frankly, I can't be bothered looking too hard.

The problem boils down to mounting a successful campaign to get into SL as quickly as possible (no matter the cost?) without, seemingly, also having a plan to make sure that you stay there.

Latrell Mitchell - sure he would have come for a year for £1m. Now he would have got me excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I'm sure he said " HAVE " not hate ,so that's fine ?

No I meant hate.

44 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

No I meant hate.

You sure you're Canadian? They're usually very nice 

JAMIE PEACOCK

30 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

You sure you're Canadian? They're usually very nice 

We are generally considered to be the nicest people on earth...but when you rile us up and stack the deck against us we don't forget...ask the Germans from WW2.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

We are generally considered to be the nicest people on earth...but when you rile us up and stack the deck against us we don't forget...ask the Germans from WW2.

You've heard about Yorkshire people then ? 

• Thanks 1

JAMIE PEACOCK

5 hours ago, TBone said:

I have no idea which players were available when they were doing their planning for the season (or maybe when someone had the bright idea of signing SBW,). And, frankly, I can't be bothered looking too hard.

The problem boils down to mounting a successful campaign to get into SL as quickly as possible (no matter the cost?) without, seemingly, also having a plan to make sure that you stay there.

I agree, they’ve overpaid for players now they’re stuck. Nothing really to do with paying 150k for SBW, the damage was done elsewhere

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then honouring the contract would still in all sense still be spending money on wages for that season, so surely it must still be added to the cap spend?

You would have thought so, but no, because once those players are deregistered they are off the cap, same with a loanee, full wage at parent club is counted on Salary Cap of club where he's playing, as soon as he returns to parent club, he's fully off the cap where he was on loan at. 

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

You've heard about Yorkshire people then ? 

Of course I have...you are the ones we saved from the Germans.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

True legend in your own mind, black plastic bags at the ready. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, LR23 said:

Latrell Mitchell - sure he would have come for a year for £1m. Now he would have got me excited.

Firstly I don’t think he would’ve come 

Secondly, as has already been said, the signing of SBW is less for his on field ability but more for his off field presence and ability to generate publicity and media presence

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well me Dads ship got torpedoed and they got picked up and taken to Canada and he got a Canadian bird ugly not a patch on me MAM 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Firstly I don’t think he would’ve come 

Secondly, as has already been said, the signing of SBW is less for his on field ability but more for his off field presence and ability to generate publicity and media presence

I get that - the posts we’re asking for alternatives that would have made a bigger impact on the pitch. There is no guarantee but he was being forced out of his club - £1m for a year would have been tempting.

2 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

You would have thought so, but no, because once those players are deregistered they are off the cap, same with a loanee, full wage at parent club is counted on Salary Cap of club where he's playing, as soon as he returns to parent club, he's fully off the cap where he was on loan at. 

Who dreamt up these things what a load of bollux.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

383,000 British soldiers died defending this country. The most significant were the 1,542 members of the RAF who gave their lives during the Battle of Britain in 1940 when we stood on our OWN in the face of a mass Nazi invasion. 67,000 innocent people were killed during the blitz and our cities were flattened and yet we stayed strong, salvaged every bit of metal we could and manufactured 1,000s of planes and millions of bullets and were days from invasion when we managed to fight back the luftwaffe and force Hitler to halt Operation Sealion.

It was our finest hour. We saved ourselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

383,000 British soldiers died defending this country. The most significant were the 1,542 members of the RAF who gave their lives during the Battle of Britain in 1940 when we stood on our OWN in the face of a mass Nazi invasion. 67,000 innocent people were killed during the blitz and our cities were flattened and yet we stayed strong, salvaged every bit of metal we could and manufactured 1,000s of planes and millions of bullets and were days from invasion when we managed to fight back the luftwaffe and force Hitler to halt Operation Sealion.

It was our finest hour. We saved ourselves. 

You need a better understanding of history...at that time we were you and you were us!  All Canadians were British citizens until 1947.

"Many young pilots from Canada joined Fighter Command to fight in the Battle of Britain. 85 Canadians fought in the battle and 22 were killed – just over a quarter of those who volunteered. By the end of World War Two many more had died."

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You need a better understanding of history...at that time we were you and you were us!  All Canadians were British citizens until 1947.

"Many young pilots from Canada joined Fighter Command to fight in the Battle of Britain. 85 Canadians fought in the battle and 22 were killed – just over a quarter of those who volunteered. By the end of World War Two many more had died."

So if we were the same people how did you 'save' us? Surely we 'saved' ourselves? ?

595 non-British pilots fought in the Battle of Britain, 112 were Canadian. That is the number recognised on the Battle of Britain roll of honour. 

The 1,000s of servicemen and millions of civilians working their fingers to the bone saved this country and forced Hitler to turn his focus to Russia. 11,000,000 Russian soldiers also stood alone and died to save their homeland. Hitler should have understood history better. No army has ever defeated Russia on Russian soil just as no country has successfully invaded Britain for almost 1,000 years. 

I'm sorry but you touched a nerve with the use of the word 'saved'. We fought alongside each other, you did not 'save' us. We get that kind of ignorance and condescension from Americans all the time but it one of the best things about Canada, you're not American!

Edit. And no I didn't know Canadians were still British citizens until 1947, thank you for informing me of that interesting fact. My history degree was in 19th century Irish history. I have never actually used that degree, I did a law one soon after. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

Some of us on here actually lived through it all. and in the end it didn't stop Hitler wanting to visit Yorkshire, I saw the film of it on Youtube ?, He didn't want to visit Canada did he?

• Haha 1

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

11 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I think it is debatable whether any club could get all these players for £2.6m a year (£520k each). But for a second, let's Ssume they could.

What is true though is that if only two of them could be classified as marquee players (£300k) then the others will be full price on the cap which is £1.56M plus the £300k which totals £1.86M cap for 5 players. 

This leaves £240k for the rest of the squad which for 20 players is about £12k each.

Imbecile is too good...

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So if we were the same people how did you 'save' us? Surely we 'saved' ourselves? ?

595 non-British pilots fought in the Battle of Britain, 112 were Canadian. That is the number recognised on the Battle of Britain roll of honour. 

The 1,000s of servicemen and millions of civilians working their fingers to the bone saved this country and forced Hitler to turn his focus to Russia. 11,000,000 Russian soldiers also stood alone and died to save their homeland. Hitler should have understood history better. No army has ever defeated Russia on Russian soil just as no country has successfully invaded Britain for almost 1,000 years. 

I'm sorry but you touched a nerve with the use of the word 'saved'. We fought alongside each other, you did not 'save' us. We get that kind of ignorance and condescension from Americans all the time but it one of the best things about Canada, you're not American!

Edit. And no I didn't know Canadians were still British citizens until 1947, thank you for informing me of that interesting fact. My history degree was in 19th century Irish history. I have never actually used that degree, I did a law one soon after. 

Thats right we saved ya in the Battle of Britain....but that is nothing compared to what next happened next....you lost pretty well ALL of your equipment on the beaches at Dunkirk...you were undefended.  Pitchforks and homemade weapons was all you could have fought an invading German force off with.  It was bleak

You called for help from your daughter Australia, but Australia  couldn't help because they were so far away and had the Japanese to contend with...Darwin was bombed too ya know and the British sent no backup.....after you lost Hong Kong  they knew where their future lay anyways.

You called for help from your son Canada....We sent over our only fully armed and trained division ASAP...that is and was the armed wall that defended you guys from Operation Sea Lion: the invasion of England....you should have learned that in elementary school....what has happened to the education system in that country?  We saved you....but we were all in it together.....a good Son does not desert his needy Mother.

The problem is you did not use that history degree to its full potential and traded down to law (as many do usually for the money: life is about choices).  Life is a ##### sometimes.

Edited by Kayakman

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Thats right we saved ya in the Battle of Britain....but that is nothing compared to what next happened next....you lost pretty well ALL of your equipment on the beaches at Dunkirk...you were undefended.  Pitchforks and homemade weapons was all you could have fought an invading German force off with.  It was bleak

You called for help from your daughter Australia, but Australia  couldn't help because they were so far away and had the Japanese to contend with...Darwin was bombed too ya know and the British sent no backup.....after you lost Hong Kong  they knew where their future lay anyways.

You called for help from your son Canada....We sent over our only fully armed and trained division ASAP...that is and was the armed wall that defended you guys from Operation Sea Lion: the invasion of England....you should have learned that in elementary school....what has happened to the education system in that country?  We saved you....but we were all in it together.....a good Son does not desert his needy Mother.

The problem is you did not use that history degree to its full potential and traded down to law (as many do usually for the money: life is about choices).  Life is a ##### sometimes.

Something tells me the Mods are going to step in here .I'm out before it gets tasty 

JAMIE PEACOCK

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Operation Dynamo was before the Battle of Britain. I think you're the one that needs a history lesson. And again, it was the RAF and the civilian army of workers on the ground that defended the country. Hitler cancelled the invasion after he couldn't gain air superiority over southern England. I struggle to see how a ground army defended the country. What did they do, hand out cups of tea to the land girls or something? 

At that time Canadian forces were fighting alongside other commonwealth nations in Africa, including Australian forces who apparently couldn't send any help. Thats about as close as the Canadian army got in open conflict in defence of the British Isles until D-day and that wasn't about defending the British Isles either. 

1940 was the year Britain was a whisker away from invasion. 1940 was the year the RAF stopped the invasion. The United Kingdom was never again directly threatened in the war. When in 1940 did Canadian soldiers (other than a handful of pilots) actively defend the United Kingdom? 

Sounds like the Canadian education system is more similar to the US one than I thought. You both love to take credit for 'saving' poor merry old England. Help and save are very different things. Help is an honourable thing, and what every allied nation did was honourable. Save just belittles the efforts of the millions of people on these islands that endured the war and sacrificed almost everything for survival.

And then at the end of your post you try to preach to me about my career choice, you don't know the reasons I took the path that I did so don't try to tell me you do. Kman, I have to say, I don't always agree with everything you say on here but at least I respected you. Past tense. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1