Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

5 Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Toronto Wolfpack KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Toronto Wolfpack

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/20 at 19:45

I have said it on here umpteen times, you can't buy a team, you build a team. Nobby said the same pre-match and I think that was his problem with Argyle.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Nonsense, they’ve spent an unprecedented fortune, raised the game’s profile enormously and been mugged off by SL the whole time, it’s disgraceful. 

So the load of ###### in that pitch tonight is what an unprecedented fortune buys you, hate to think what you would get for a small fortune

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Cameron Smith looking like he can earn an England Shirt. 

He’s some way off but he has the potential that’s for sure 

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So, if they'd received the TV money what exactly could they have done to have now been in a better position?

I’m not talking about just the money, it’s the treatment they’ve received such as not being told they could get promoted until after they’d won the GF. North American expansion if done properly could be a gift, but the SL clubs are too parochial to see it and certainly too selfish to help it. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think TWP would struggle back in championship playing like they have tonight, our lads play for a shirt and besides maybe an handfull who put the effort in for TWP rest seem to not even be bothered putting the tackles/effort in. needed a clearout and start a fresh for 2020 and i fear they will have a few more drubbings this season.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Credit to him, he's proving his doubters (including me) wrong, they've built a good team and more importantly a good culture. I just hope for Englands sake that Gale and Newman can stay injury free this year. 

For all that Agar has been maligned by sections of the RL support base (usually fans of clubs he has coached), there seems to be no shortage of players (with plenty of qualified experience) who rate him very highly. 

I think credit needs to go to Sinfield as well. The job he inherited to clear out some dead wood and get the squad balance right was no mean feat. He had some tough decisions to make on who to let go and which players to back but after five games of 2020 (I actually think we were more competitive against Hull FC than many people give Leeds credit for), his decisions look to have paid off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

For all that Agar has been maligned by sections of the RL support base (usually fans of clubs he has coached), there seems to be no shortage of players (with plenty of qualified experience) who rate him very highly. 

I think credit needs to go to Sinfield as well. The job he inherited to clear out some dead wood and get the squad balance right was no mean feat. He had some tough decisions to make on who to let go and which players to back but after five games of 2020 (I actually think we were more competitive against Hull FC than many people give Leeds credit for), his decisions look to have paid off. 

Have to admit I wasn't very confident after the FC game but seems like we're really good this year

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Padge said:

I have said it on here umpteen times, you can't buy a team, you build a team. Nobby said the same pre-match and I think that was his problem with Argyle.

See Koukash Salford as well. Although can you build a team with P and R? London and Leigh would be example of that

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

That was a pathetic effort from TWP, as I have said before the player's they have aren't good enough but with such a small squad they know there's no one to put pressure on them for their place.

It's a situation of their own making so they will just have to bite the bullet as a club, unfortunately their player's just don't want to know, is it down to how much SBW is getting? He might no be earning it but the likes of Wilkin, McCrone, Kay, Sidlow, Mulally are stealing a living. If you compare this shower with the London team of last season they come a distant second on any parameter you want to use, and how much did London spend?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

See Koukash Salford as well. Although can you build a team with P and R? London and Leigh would be example of that

With P &R you have to gamble on the buy option as you know what will happen without it. Catalan are the classic example how it works.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Jacko45 said:

Over 30% thought TWP would win this !!!!

Replace thought with hoped, an answer to a question is not always the answer to the question asked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Do we really have to endure Bill Arthur all season? 

Yes. What is wrong with him?

• Like 1

McDermott just needs to keep his nerve and keep the players together , if they start to fracture then they will be gone 

Once in Canada they might just get enough teams not focussed enough to pick up enough points 

The TWP owner made a huge blunder by allegedly spending AU$800,000 on Ricky Leutele. The guy is quality, but a top  quality centre  is not the starting point for a winning team. You need two intimidating props, and a quality spine --- at least one good half back, a quality hooker, and a quality full back -- before you can think of investing in quality centres. For Leutele's money, and Chase Stanley's money probably, you could have bought two big intimidating props, and a semi-decent half, with lowly paid but capable journeymen in the centres.

There is no doubt that Sonny Bill WIlliams could play an important role in creating a winning team, as he did with the Sydney Roosters in 2013. But if you don't first have the quality front row and the quality halves he too becomes a waste of money.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Do you really need to ask that question?

Yes. I like Bill Arthur. He is intelligent and speaks with the accent of an educated man  The same can be said for Dave Woods at the BBC. That is something you need to attract new viewers to the game. The Barrie and Terry uneducated regional accents will drive many viewers, especially those in the south of the country, away from the telecast.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

McDermott just needs to keep his nerve and keep the players together , if they start to fracture then they will be gone 

Once in Canada they might just get enough teams not focussed enough to pick up enough points 

I agree Steve, they will probably win a few home games. Hull KR & Salford will probably be fighting to stay up also.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Is it Sinfield who hires and fires and not Agar? 

What else does he do? (serious question)