John Drake

11-15 Mar: The Coral Challenge Cup Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Loup said:

One of the saddest posts I've ever seen. Getting into a squabble about whose low crowds aren't lower than other low crowds.

Not at all,

merely defending my club, aren't we all entitled to "right to reply"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loup said:

One of the saddest posts I've ever seen. Getting into a squabble about whose low crowds aren't lower than other low crowds.

Make no doubt about it...we are the saviours of this league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, meast said:

Yet again, Huddersfield get slaughtered because of their low crowds.

The attendance last night was 2,120, with i think 5 Toronto fans, on a miserable, Wednesday evening in March,  with howling winds and fierce rain, it was also on a free to air app, and yes, it was only £10 but...

It was more than

Hull KR V Leigh last year- 2,188 on Thursday night in April

Salford V Rochdale last year- 1,101 on a Friday night in April

Bradford V Featherstone last year- 1,691 on a Sunday afternoon in April

Salford V Hull KR last year- 1,842 on a Sunday afternoon in May

Oldham V Hull KR in 2018- 1,064 on a Sunday afternoon in April

Widnes V Leeds in 2018- 1,865 on a Saturday afternoon in May

Salford V Toronto in 2017 - 1,318 on a Sunday afternoon in April

Swinton V Wigan in 2017- 2,003 on a Sunday afternoon in May

Hunslet V Salford in 2016- 834 on a Sunday afternoon in April

Rochdale V Widnes in 2016- 1,242 on a Sunday afternoon in April

Halifax V Widnes in 2016- 2,032 on a Sunday afternoon in May

Wakefield V Halifax in 2015- 2,062 on a Friday night in April

Dewsbury V Warrington in 2015- 1,771 on a Friday night in April

These are some examples of games involving super league clubs, or clubs with a supposedly better support than Huddersfield, with the majority of them including a decent number of away supporters to boost the crowds too, and not including other games involving Catalans and Toronto as that wouldn't be a fair comparison.

So if you really want to slag clubs off for low crowds and being an embarrassment etc then do it across the board not just at one club!

Why are you using lower league clubs as a yardstick? That’s not a fair comparison at all. 

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Why are you using lower league clubs as a yardstick? That’s not a fair comparison at all. 

There are IMO 2 big reasons why the Giants get poor crowds,  1 Huddersfield is a Football town by and large and 2 there have been far to many performances like last night over a long period of time.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

2 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

There are IMO 2 big reasons why the Giants get poor crowds,  1 Huddersfield is a Football town by and large and 2 there have been far to many performances like last night over a long period of time.

Yeah I can believe that but it’s no use comparing with lower league clubs to claim it’s not so bad. 

Watched Huddersfield plenty of times at Fartown in the early/mid Eighties when even a four-figure crowd was a pipe dream. Essentially, the club skipped a generation of supporters. Probably paying for that now.

Home from university, I recall watching a 32-32 end-of-season midweek evening draw with Second Division rivals Keighley. 85-86 season, I think. It was said to be the lowest crowd - 303 - at Fartown for a Huddersfield first team game. Winger Keith Waites salvaged a draw for Keighley by going over in the corner in the last minute.

Any other posters remember being at that game?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

A number of the games he listed had a SL team at home. In anything the unfair comparison is that those games as English teams as the away team so would have had more away fans than Toronto. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

What is it with you K'man, I have been very positive about the Wolfpack earlier today and no response from yourself, are you a secret leaguie masochist and you only derive pleasure from the pain of losing, we won't see or hear from you again if the pack string a few wins together, and most probably Hari Kari if you get to Wembley  - god forbid.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What is it with you K'man, I have been very positive about the Wolfpack earlier today and no response from yourself, are you a secret leaguie masochist and you only derive pleasure from the pain of losing, we won't see or hear from you again if the pack string a few wins together, and most probably Hari Kari if you get to Wembley  - god forbid.

Just now, Canis Lupus said:

Wait till they draw Leigh

I'm saving my energies Harry...we want Leigh...we will conquer Leigh...LEIGH MUST FALL TO THE WOLFPACK YET ONCE AGAIN!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

Wait till they draw Leigh

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

I'm saving my energies Harry...we want Leigh...we will conquer Leigh...LEIGH MUST FALL TO THE WOLFPACK YET ONCE AGAIN!

Aye, I see you are already amasing the troops, bring your dogs to the Colosseum I relish the opportunity for the Centurions to slay you were you stand.

PS, small matter of visiting the Far East for us first though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Yep,propping the league up to stop it collapsing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Aye, I see you are already amasing the troops, bring your dogs to the Colosseum I relish the opportunity for the Centurions to slay you were you stand.

PS, small matter of visiting the Far East for us first though.

We are coming for ya Harry!

14 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Yep,propping the league up to stop it collapsing!

We are the Big Bad John of Rugby League.

• Haha 1

The resident Canadian happens to be a Troll .are't we aright heh? 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

12 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

We are the Big Bad John of Rugby League.

Yer all squares apart from Cohen and Neil Young ,oh and hes now a naturalized American 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

10 hours ago, Click said:

So what part of my post do you disagree with? 

Toronto played well, they played what was in front of them. Huddersfield also played poorly, they got nilled.

I don't think you can perform well in a game and fail to score a try.

You could say that for every game. Someone wins someone loses. Your only as good as your opposition let’s you

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Same reason as using Huddersfield to bag poor crowds when other clubs get worse crowds than we do?

2 minutes ago, meast said:

Same reason as using Huddersfield to bag poor crowds when other clubs get worse crowds than we do?

You seriously don’t think a well established SL team should be getting much better crowds than lower league or part time teams? 

12 minutes ago, meast said:

Do huddersfield, like last season still have the cheapest season ticket prices in Rugby League?  Undervaluing the product could have a knock on effect when fans have to pay a normal price for cup matches.

40 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

You seriously don’t think a well established SL team should be getting much better crowds than lower league or part time teams? 

Yes, I think it's poor when , say , Widnes and Leeds or Salford and Hull KR can't attract 2,000 fans between them!

22 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Do huddersfield, like last season still have the cheapest season ticket prices in Rugby League?  Undervaluing the product could have a knock on effect when fans have to pay a normal price for cup matches.

I've not idea about the cheapest season ticket.

We got more home fans last night that a lot of other super league clubs have in the last few years, so why are Huddersfield getting bagged again?

2 minutes ago, meast said:

Yes, I think it's poor when , say , Widnes and Leeds or Salford and Hull KR can't attract 2,000 fans between them!

All those clubs get or got great or respectable attendances when in SL. Not sure why you can’t admit the attendance for the game on Wednesday was atrocious without rooting through selected attendances over god knows how long.