Club Songs

Copa, I wasn't expecting the standard to be high (because team songs are rarely much good), but both of those songs are truly awful IMHO.

Well, to be honest I could barely understand a word of the players song, but musically it sounded poor.

The theme song wasn't much better. Putting the word "green" in almost every line doesn't help.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

"Oh London town, Oh London town!....

is wonderful..... Is wonderful! 

Oh London town, is wonderful!

.. It's full of drugs, druggies and Broncos... 

... Oh London town is Wonderful"

.... and before any of you northern monkeys say otherwise may I assure you it is

Ah, those were the days, lived in Ealing and used to get the bus down to Brentford, pint in each pub on each corner 

Always sang it as “...full or drunks, druggies and winos” ourselves, but it may have been cleaned up a little since eh 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Copa, I wasn't expecting the standard to be high (because team songs are rarely much good), but both of those songs are truly awful IMHO.

Well, to be honest I could barely understand a word of the players song, but musically it sounded poor.

The theme song wasn't much better. Putting the word "green" in almost every line doesn't help.

They won’t win a Grammy award that’s for sure. ?

Castleford claim Sweet Caroline as their own song but there were clubs using it long before. I guess this is their official winning song though.

York only really have ‘When The Knights Go Marching In’ but I’ve long thought with a bit of creativity ‘All Day All Of The (K)Night’ by The Kinks could be adapted and sound good/original. Wouldn’t say the club have a victory song though (apart from in the changing rooms), ‘Crazy Nights’ by Kiss is sometimes played and there’s a horrible dance song the players come out to, neither really gets you going.

I remember for a season or two St Helens fans put their own words to ‘Anarchy In The UK’ which was clever.

I despise Marching On Together being sung by Leeds Rhinos or any other team than Leeds Utd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

Castleford claim Sweet Caroline as their own song but there were clubs using it long before. I guess this is their official winning song though.

York only really have ‘When The Knights Go Marching In’ but I’ve long thought with a bit of creativity ‘All Day All Of The (K)Night’ by The Kinks could be adapted and sound good/original. Wouldn’t say the club have a victory song though (apart from in the changing rooms), ‘Crazy Nights’ by Kiss is sometimes played and there’s a horrible dance song the players come out to, neither really gets you going.

I remember for a season or two St Helens fans put their own words to ‘Anarchy In The UK’ which was clever.

I despise Marching On Together being sung by Leeds Rhinos or any other team than Leeds Utd.

Totally agree regarding Marching on Together, it is a Leeds United song, hearing Leeds Rhinos fans singing it is terrible, it's not their song.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Ah, those were the days, lived in Ealing and used to get the bus down to Brentford, pint in each pub on each corner 

Always sang it as “...full or drunks, druggies and winos” ourselves, but it may have been cleaned up a little since eh 

It'd be even more convenient for you if you were still in Ealing now!

Lyrics change depending on the amount consumed! 

25 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Totally agree regarding Marching on Together, it is a Leeds United song, hearing Leeds Rhinos fans singing it is terrible, it's not their song.

Its a Leeds song now, much like a lot of songs including "one in the media right now" its taken on new meaning to what it was 50 years ago. We tend to be supporters of both teams anyway and there is great synergy between the two clubs at the moment being effectively 1 club cities in each sport. 

I always find it funny when Cas and Wakey fans boo MOT on a Friday night away at Headingley then proudly sing it at elland road the next day. 

13 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Its a Leeds song now, much like a lot of songs including "one in the media right now" its taken on new meaning to what it was 50 years ago. We tend to be supporters of both teams anyway and there is great synergy between the two clubs at the moment being effectively 1 club cities in each sport. 

I always find it funny when Cas and Wakey fans boo MOT on a Friday night away at Headingley then proudly sing it at elland road the next day. 

Of course they will boo it when Leeds RL are singing it whilst playing their teams, and if they are LUFC fans it will be even worse hearing it sung by RL supporters.

10 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Of course they will boo it when Leeds RL are singing it whilst playing their teams, and if they are LUFC fans it will be even worse hearing it sung by RL supporters.

I can assure you in the real world that doesn't happen

#ALAW

Edited by Tommygilf

On 21/06/2020 at 10:01, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It'd be even more convenient for you if you were still in Ealing now!

Lyrics change depending on the amount consumed! 

Beats "shoes off for the London boys" where they used to take a shoe off while singing certainly in the Twickenham Stoop days. Not since that post Hive

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell