Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GaryHall said:

800 spaces on the P&R site too so using your calculation of 3 to a car that is parking for 3600 fans within 2 minutes walk of the stadium before using any of the shopping car parking or local on street parking.

Only 'free' if you catch a bus or cycle from there

To ensure sufficient space in the car park for Park & Ride users, if you wish to park at Monks Cross Park & Ride without using the bus service or cycling into the city centre, a £5 daily parking charge applies. 

12 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It's well written, and outlines what a lot of us already know about the position the club is in, but the important bit is the subtext. It reads to me as if they don't expect to be chosen, but are applying anyway to show willing, which is fine because I think the 12th club is being set up to fail.

As it stands, if the Broncos were selected, they'd be in a terrible position come the start of SL. The current squad is a decent Championship one, but no more than that, and contains an awful lot of kids yet to play senior RL (9 players - Boafo, Leyland, Horsman, Verella, Hodson, Blakemore, Oakley, Jones and Williams - have a combined total of 6 appearances for the Broncos) or with minimal experience (Davis, Ogden, Hindmarsh, Meadows have around 50 games between them). If, as Jason Loubser suggests, the plan is to sign new players in January then I think we really have to question who will be available at that time of year and what kind of team they could put together.

I can't honestly say I want to see the club get that 12th spot right now. Everything about it flashes big, red warning lights at me.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

34 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

It's well written, and outlines what a lot of us already know about the position the club is in, but the important bit is the subtext. It reads to me as if they don't expect to be chosen, but are applying anyway to show willing, which is fine because I think the 12th club is being set up to fail.

As it stands, if the Broncos were selected, they'd be in a terrible position come the start of SL. The current squad is a decent Championship one, but no more than that, and contains an awful lot of kids yet to play senior RL (9 players - Boafo, Leyland, Horsman, Verella, Hodson, Blakemore, Oakley, Jones and Williams - have a combined total of 6 appearances for the Broncos) or with minimal experience (Davis, Ogden, Hindmarsh, Meadows have around 50 games between them). If, as Jason Loubser suggests, the plan is to sign new players in January then I think we really have to question who will be available at that time of year and what kind of team they could put together.

I can't honestly say I want to see the club get that 12th spot right now. Everything about it flashes big, red warning lights at me.

That's pretty much how I read it. Very much a, "we think we're in a good spot, developing nicely in areas we want to be, a bit behind but getting there in others, Super League is our ambition so we've put an application in, but we're not magicking anything up to go up now if they can't take us as we are".

I'm absolutely fine with that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

17 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

But do lots of people go to watch the Rhinos in order to have a day out in Leeds? I would suggest not.  Plus there are 2 railway stations less than 10 mins walk from Headingley.

Quite a lot has been made of the attraction of York as a tourist destination and that rugby fans might like to visit the city. Though there's some truth in this, the reality may be quite different. Most people will travel by car and approach on the A64 from Leeds and the A1. You then need to park near enough to the city centre (which can be difficult depending on day/time) to walk in, walk round and return to the car before driving to the stadium. I think for many this will be too much faffing around and they'll just end up going straight to the ground and going straight home afterwards.

Thanks for the reality check Gavin, I know whenever I have been to York to stay a weekend it is try to find a parking spot and leave the car where it is till it is time to return home, these out of town 'attractions' are OK if that is the sole purpose of the visit. 

17 hours ago, GaryHall said:

There is a dedicated car park for the stadium for 400 cars both the Knights and York City have agreed a £5 charge. There is also a Park and Ride car  park attached to the stadium. Unrestricted on street car parking is also available within 10 minutes walk from the stadium.

400 cars with full occupancy of 4 people that's not very many, considering the big attendances York are going to attract.

The reality is people will go and make up their own minds if it proves to awkward, they will not return. 

PS where is the coach park, are there enough pubs close by to accomodate say 8 coaches about 450 all decending in the vicinity at about the same time?

"Leigh have submitted a 430-page bid document to the Rugby Football League headquarters at Red Hall in Leeds as well as the Super League Europe Limited offices in Manchester."

leythers.JPG.2d9686d0217dd88cc3f8f2e6d7e8ff3a.JPG

430 pages to say we've got the stadium, the dosh, the squad & the bums on seats and should have been there already anyway!

Nothing like a bit of overkill, eh?

If Colin Welland hadn't popped his clogs I'd have been sure they paid him to write it!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

400 cars with full occupancy of 4 people that's not very many, considering the big attendances York are going to attract.

The reality is people will go and make up their own minds if it proves to awkward, they will not return. 

PS where is the coach park, are there enough pubs close by to accomodate say 8 coaches about 450 all decending in the vicinity at about the same time?

There's free on street parking about a quarter of a mile away for as many cars as is ever going to drive to the games. If that isn't enough then we all may as well just give up.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The P&R Car Park has 800 spaces £5 per day charge, There is coach park is at the opposite end to the car parks, there are bars inside the stadium and a fans zone. Within about a mile radius of the stadium there is  Huntington Sports Club, Huntington WMC, Pear Tree Farm, Hogshead, Blacksmiths Arms, Hopgrove Toby Carvery, Nags Head Heworth, Heworth Inn and Walnut Tree.

7 minutes ago, binosh said:

I gave up reading that when Bradford got a grade B

Bring Bradford Bulls Back to Bradford with a grade B Ltd

There's their next name to trade as, they can have it for free.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

"Leigh have submitted a 430-page bid document to the Rugby Football League headquarters at Red Hall in Leeds as well as the Super League Europe Limited offices in Manchester."

leythers.JPG.2d9686d0217dd88cc3f8f2e6d7e8ff3a.JPG

430 pages to say we've got the stadium, the dosh, the squad & the bums on seats and should have been there already anyway!

Nothing like a bit of overkill, eh?

If Colin Welland hadn't popped his clogs I'd have been sure they paid him to write it!

Maybe Degsy slipped a couple of his Sundeck brochures in.

20 minutes ago, Damien said:

That won't make some happy!

Although it doesn't mean anything at all.

Archived