Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

3 hours ago, Oldbear said:

following hold up on the back of multiple heavy defeats,

Oh, come on, Bradford fans have been turning up for centuries for no other reason than to abuse the current coach!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Oxford said:

Oh, come on, Bradford fans have been turning up for centuries for no other reason than to abuse the current coach!

The last season in SL before Bradford went down the away end at totally wicked was shut and the away fans half filled the end block of seats. 

300 fans absolute max, and thats with all sales being given back to Bradford.

So in 2021 Kids will be free with ST so lets say 15 a ticket is it still 20% kick back to original club for selling? So 12 quid x 300 is only 3600 added to a few pints and pies say 8 per person on average is 6k

Not really gonna touch the sides 

So all the away fans is a bit of a myth unless your talking several thousand

7 minutes ago, yipyee said:

The last season in SL before Bradford went down the away end at totally wicked was shut and the away fans half filled the end block of seats. 

So in 2021 Kids will be free with ST so lets say 15 a ticket is it still 20% kick back to original club for selling? So 12 quid x 300 is only 3600 added to a few pints and pies say 8 per person on average is 6k

yipyee where are all the grapics, pie charts, Venn diagrams and game theory eplanations to prove all this?

If you can't produce a document, nor even a power point presentation, what's the point?

And not even a three word sound bite come to that.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, silverback said:

LOOKING GOOD.     https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18905427.bradford-bulls-keen-share-odsal-stock-cars/

latest from Steve on Facebook 
ODSAL IS ALMOST GO!

The RFL Board meeting has concluded this afternoon and, from media sources, we believe that was positive, we will await official confirmation, however we have seen a very short statement issued from RFL media. Subject to confirmation, this might be the first race Reesy will have won at Odsal!

Full details will be announced over the next 72 hours and we are working with BSCDA TV as partners in providing more comment and updates - keep an eye on their feeds!

It really looks like #MAKE ODSAL HAPPEN may no longer be a dream and shortly be vivid reality!

The plan subject to Winter weather and all being confirmed!

April 3rd -  BriSCA F1 Grand Opener

April 24th - Stan Woods 2020 [ Bookings will open for this January, so please, none being accepted until announcement from Woods family - numbers will be restricted ]

The feelings here are a mixed bag of emotion, excitement and anticipation however having been locked away for a lot of the day working on a detailed infrastructure plan and finalising the significant and eye watering otherwise pension fund being invested!  We value as much support in the extensive pre works as possible, every man hour of help much needed as this is  BIG job - we will next week detail the whole schedule

Has Odsal still got a 'licence' for stock cars and/or speedway? There's much more housing close to the place now and I'd expect a lot of objections from the local residents to any planning application to their return. 

10 hours ago, Oldbear said:

Totally agree, and what’s even more interesting is that most Bradford fans also agree as they realize that after their multiple financial crises, along with the whole Odsal problem that they would only be going up as sacrificial lambs for the existing 11, who probably are also too busy having dreams of large numbers of Bulls fans rocking up to their stadia to give them an extra cash injection, except they forget that 

1. whilst COVID remains a problem, the whole situation regarding away fans must be in doubt and

2. even if away fans are allowed, how will Bradfords (or in fact any teams) following hold up on the back of multiple heavy defeats, which would be inevitable given the short straw given to whoever is chosen to go up (lack of recruitment time, need to quickly get off field operations up to speed, less TV distribution money etc). Who would be travelling away regularly, especially in the likely cash strapped post COVID period, on the back of a string of 50-60 point hammering, yet the whole way this process has been put together seems to be setting up exactly that scenario.

I think who ever goes up will be lambs to the slaughter,  hope they go for Toulouse or York  but could well be Bradford cause it's the only way they can get back in for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Colin James said:

Is that 8 of each or combined? I'll be honest I'm not sure I could manage 8 of either in the course of 80 minutes.

I reckon I could do six pints and two pies if it was a tense game and I'd skipped lunch. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

3 hours ago, yipyee said:

25% in Super League, 20% in Championship

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Has Odsal still got a 'licence' for stock cars and/or speedway? There's much more housing close to the place now and I'd expect a lot of objections from the local residents to any planning application to their return. 

Not too sure lts, am just passing on the news so to speak,i think the thoughts of landfill been an option might help the few race meets a season,in out and gone in 6 hours,used to be fantastic on a saturday night for big race meetings and the £1.000 dash for the cash daily mirror sponsered finals.we have lost about 10 tracks in past few years for tescos and asda if odsal happens and turns into a multi sports venue that will be great,both my lads raced there in late 80s,one of em i waited at side a rugby pitch until game had done and got in transporter ready for off in his kit. next couple a weeks should be the start if its happening.

13 hours ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Looking good, why would you want to return to that hole, is it even up to championship standards.

were talking racing here, and i hope the bulls and speedway get involved too to make odsal great again.lots of work going on in the background so wait and see,it could just be what the area needs.anyone who ever went 20/30 years ago knows what it could be.infact its only maybe 12 year since the wigan bulls rock n roll weekend happened and it were packed,lots of american cars on side a pitch,dancing drivethru girls,pop stars,it were brill game too.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

were talking racing here, and i hope the bulls and speedway get involved too to make odsal great again.lots of work going on in the background so wait and see,it could just be what the area needs.anyone who ever went 20/30 years ago knows what it could be.infact its only maybe 12 year since the wigan bulls rock n roll weekend happened and it were packed,lots of american cars on side a pitch,dancing drivethru girls,pop stars,it were brill game too.

Drivethru girls sounds interesting!

3 hours ago, silverback said:

The trouble is it's not been great for years it needs flattening and rebuilding.

5 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Even better accomplishment we beat teams above us away from home to get to Final.

Especially by such big margins! Isn't it ironic we get low shots for the achievement, but when Leeds were winning the SL from 5th it was all about peaking at the right time. Like us finishing top of the Championship, but losing two Grand Finals.

1 hour ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

The trouble is it's not been great for years it needs flattening and rebuilding.

hardly the worst ground to be fair,and its packed tonight it seems for drive in movies,

Good Luck Steve with the final stages of pulling off the biggest Brisca Victory of the Century

The Drive in Cinema at Odsal is set to open tonight (4th December) at 6pm, and is a complete Sell Out
The Greatest Showman ......

Not the story of Steve Rees however

5 hours ago, silverback said:

Did they have figure of 8 demolition derbies ? 🤔

On 04/12/2020 at 09:47, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Bulls have put out a vague statement about discussions with RFL about Odsal. It does not really say anything, but I guess Bradford hope it means a lot.

It strikes me that given the links the Bradford management have with the RFL then they ought to be the favourites in the betting.  (Do BetFred have a book, BTW?).  Which club ought to be favourites is a different matter.

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Bulls have put out a vague statement about discussions with RFL about Odsal. It does not really say anything, but I guess Bradford hope it means a lot.

It strikes me that given the links the Bradford management have with the RFL then they ought to be the favourites in the betting.  (Do BetFred have a book, BTW?).  Which club ought to be favourites is a different matter.

Any process not settled by facts is corrupt, I am sure the sport isn't corrupt

Just now, sweaty craiq said:

Any process not settled by facts is corrupt, I am sure the sport isn't corrupt

Yes.  But ultimately the decision will be down to opinion. 

Unfortunately, the RFL and SL have no plan no road map for the future. Even if it wad a skeleton plan, we could all see where we might be going.

But we are hamstrung by lack of investment. For instance, and its only a for instance (others can give another), over a set period we could aim for 2 teams in France, 1 in London, 1 in Wales.  And we could hope for 11 existing SL clubs.    Why keep it secret - what ever the plan is.  Just have a plan... but it needs investment.

Archived