Wakefield Trinity plans submision

46 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

spacer.png

Looking good. I thought it was a shame they had to knock down the old west stand in the 1980s as it looked fantastic. I love those stadiums that have combinations of new and old grandstands. Always thought North Sydney Oval looked a fantastic ground with those old stands that were moved from the SCG.

File:Wakefield trinity belle vue original west stand.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

This is not a dig but a genuine question.

What's going in the space on the bottom right of the pic? is there a reason they didn't run the stand all the way along?

The planning docs suggest that the stand does run all the way along towards the try line, so I'm assuming that the gap is for the entry/exit of construction equipment? 

I'm guessing the last thing Wakefield needs right now is heavy machinery trying to leave the site via the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whatmichaelsays said:

The planning docs suggest that the stand does run all the way along towards the try line, so I'm assuming that the gap is for the entry/exit of construction equipment? 

I'm guessing the last thing Wakefield needs right now is heavy machinery trying to leave the site via the pitch. 

Beat me to it Michael, I was just going to suggest the same. 

10 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

That makes sense!

(your link doesn't work though)

I have not frequented this thread very much and I am sure this question may have been posed earlier but to me It would be a shame if Wakefield got relegated this season having speculated on this construction. Obviously no club considers relegation to be an option at the start of a season, but I would be amazed if Wakefield have not had a contingency plan in place and budgeted for a season in the Championship with a full on assault to return to SL in 2025 be that with P&R gained on the field of play by to me the proper method, or Promotion by Spread Sheet which we are advised will become the norm from season '25 onwards.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have not frequented this thread very much and I am sure this question may have been posed earlier but to me It would be a shame if Wakefield got relegated this season having speculated on this construction. Obviously no club considers relegation to be an option at the start of a season, but I would be amazed if Wakefield have not had a contingency plan in place and budgeted for a season in the Championship with a full on assault to return to SL in 2025 be that with P&R gained on the field of play by to me the proper method, or Promotion by Spread Sheet which we are advised will become the norm from season '25 onwards.

The bulk of the funding came from a grant so with the increased revenue streams that will be available once the work has been completed they should still be in a decent position even if relegated.

• Thanks 1

The replies above are correct, there are two steel sections still to go in after the concrete terracing has been placed along the rest of the stand. The gap is to allow construction access. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Looking good. I thought it was a shame they had to knock down the old west stand in the 1980s as it looked fantastic. I love those stadiums that have combinations of new and old grandstands. Always thought North Sydney Oval looked a fantastic ground with those old stands that were moved from the SCG.

File:Wakefield trinity belle vue original west stand.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

That picture was taken prior to demolition after it had been put out of use for a while, after the Bradford fire. It was in much better condition than that and it had a slate tiled roof. I suspect if it had been around today it would have been listed 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

As Damien has said, the bulk of the funding hasn't come directly from Trin so they aren't liable for that (though they do have mortgage payments to the council for the land).

The warning signs with Wakefield on the field this season started with naming a coach who had no first team coaching experience at any level. That's not a dig at Mark Applegarth, but he's been dropped in it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

In a recent interview with Trin TV, Minards also emphasised how the £2 million from the RL Resilience fund they, Cas and Fev have been awarded can only go to developing their facilities. 

Tommy correct again,

I think Wakeys went on the new floodlights,pitch and what was the coach House in the corner of the ground. The coach House is going to be a community hub and gym.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Tommy correct again,

I think Wakeys went on the new floodlights,pitch and what was the coach House in the corner of the ground. The coach House is going to be a community hub and gym.

I think the council allocated the money to Fev, Cas and Trin around Nov 2021.  We already had some floodlights installed earlier that year.  There was a club vid of the 1st one being put up in May 2021.

Probably the Coach House area that soaked up the £2million like you mention. Already planned but specific extra funding welcome no doubt.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I think the council allocated the money to Fev, Cas and Trin around Nov 2021.  We already had some floodlights installed earlier that year.  There was a club vid of the 1st one being put up in May 2021.

Probably the Coach House area that soaked up the £2million like you mention. Already planned but specific extra funding welcome no doubt.

I know the floodlights were supplied with 'grant money' I assumed it was via the council. I also know we were the first of the three clubs to start drawing down the £2m. As you say, quite a significant refurb is planned for the coach House so quite a lot will go into that.

10 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Tommy correct again,

Is the Coach House a new build too rather than a refurb?

34 minutes ago, Damien said:

Is the Coach House a new build too rather than a refurb?

No it's a total refurb. The building is fine and it's already been re roofed. Community hub and gym facilities as I understand it. However it can't start till the new stand is finished as it's still in use as changing rooms etc.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...