Wakefield Trinity plans submision

54 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Worth having a read of the initial pages of this thread, some posts haven't aged too well. 

Anyhow plans are being discussed for the terrace on the other side of the ground, hopefully we'll see what they are in the not too distant future.

You beat me too it, some people really do look a bit silly 🤣

You forgot to mention extending the North stand all the way back (as it always should have been), that may well be done in the new year, if possible.

On 07/01/2021 at 10:00, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’m willing to stake good money on Wakefield not building the stadium, they will point the finger of blame at Covid. In 2022 more plans will be released, nothing will happen, then a new excuse. I genuinely hope I am wrong, the stadium is not fit for Championship rugby never mind Super League.

Any update?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Have we got a completion date for the stand yet, can’t be far off? Walked past yesterday & looks impressive.

I think they did give a date for handover a few week back of 28th/29th November, it was definitely a late November date not December.

• Like 1

Looks really good 

Can't help thinking that the side opposite the main stand could look amazing if it was a grass bank like Manly stadium!

• Like 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Looks really good 

Can't help thinking that the side opposite the main stand could look amazing if it was a grass bank like Manly stadium!

New owner, Matt Ellis has said on a number of occasions that they are already looking at development options for the West side of the stadium. He's also committed to completing the North Stand so that it is extended all the way up to the back which I believe means raising the roof. He’s also taking the new terracing all the way down to pitch side while adding a number of concession outlets in the stand.

• Like 1

I think at the point that some posts were made about Wakey and the state of the ground some 2- 3 even 4 years ago it had become somewhat of a "running joke" among the RL  community after all the false dawns and lack of investment 

currently I  wish Wakefield nothing but the best on and off the field and hope the improvements (that look great so far) benefit  Trinity as a club  and the game as a whole for years to come and applaud them for their efforts

cant say fairer than that

• Like 8

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

The ###### takes I get, its the prophetic posts that knew categorically that the new stand would never happen and it was all just a ploy that make me smile.

We can smile and be humble.

Let's face it, we weren't 100% convinced it would ever happen ourselves were we??

The jibes stung at the time, but we are on the up and punching our way forward. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dboy said:

Let's face it, we weren't 100% convinced it would ever happen ourselves were we??

As soon as YC paid up, it was only a matter of time. It never was a con trick. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

As soon as YC paid up, it was only a matter of time. It never was a con trick. 

That was always the issue, getting money from Yorkcourt and a local authority that seemed to be happy not to put pressure on them to pay up.

Anyway at least we have something now and with the extra funding Matt Ellis will be putting in our stadium will no longer be a problem.

I will also add, it will also be owned by the club and we will not be second class tennants in soccer stadiums like quite a few others.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

New owner, Matt Ellis has said on a number of occasions that they are already looking at development options for the West side of the stadium. He's also committed to completing the North Stand so that it is extended all the way up to the back which I believe means raising the roof. He’s also taking the new terracing all the way down to pitch side while adding a number of concession outlets in the stand.

AEG [yes AEG ] have just signed up sponsorship deal with Trinity for North Stand, should pay for it to be fully completed within a year, so bigger capacity etc. more brownie points for Trinity

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trinity1873 said:

AEG [yes AEG ] have just signed up sponsorship deal with Trinity for North Stand, should pay for it to be fully completed within a year, so bigger capacity etc. more brownie points for Trinity

Great sponsor and joins ASUS as a blue chip sponsor of the club

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dboy said:

It wasn't only neutrals doubting either.  I do recall one Wakey doom monger suggesting that the project would start but the contractor would use up the funds fannying around, leaving the club with a few holes and piles of muck.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Says complete. (meaning the East stand), but it isn't. There is a bit of remedial work still to do, but all things that can be carried out whilst the stadium is operating. All the same, nobody with a fair mind can deny what a massive improvement phase one is, looks great, and I for one can't wait to take my seat in the new stand after 40 years of slumming it.

• Like 5

Great to see this being completed, always good to see rugby league clubs owning and developing their own grounds. Feels like this along with the new owner is creating some momentum at Wakey, to the point where relegation may actually have been a good thing (likely a winning season for the first time in a while!). Love the new owners idea for the stand on the other side of the pitch!

I wonder what crowd potential Wakey have if they are in a redeveloped ground, a good owner and a successful team. Could be 10k+? 

Edited by Odsal Outlaw
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

45 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Great to see this being completed, always good to see rugby league clubs owning and developing their own grounds. Feels like this along with the new owner is creating some momentum at Wakey, to the point where relegation may actually have been a good thing (likely a winning season for the first time in a while!). Love the new owners idea for the stand on the other side of the pitch!

I wonder what crowd potential Wakey have if they are in a redeveloped ground, a good owner and a successful team. Could be 10k+? 

10k is a distinct possibility, but will take a while.

It's funny that Mucky is laughing, he hasn't worked out yet that half of them will be Cas bandwagon jumpers swapping ships. Hear the cogs whirring as we speak.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Haha 1

If/when we are back in Superleague we could push 8,000 and in a few years maybe 10,000 should we manage to reach a Cup Final and generate some pride amongst the Cities lapsed sport fans.

Another thing that will generate crowds is the fact that visiting fans will eventually have a new West Stand, decent toilets, cover from the rain and quality concession outlets. People are more likely to travel if they know the fan experience is guaranteed to be a good one.
Also, if Matt Ellis can realise his ambitions of making Wakefield Trinity an exciting competitive team then results will always be unpredictable as opposed to knowing your team will win at Belle Vue which also makes for a better match experience.

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

If/when we are back in Superleague we could push 8,000 and in a few years maybe 10,000 should we manage to reach a Cup Final and generate some pride amongst the Cities lapsed sport fans.

Another thing that will generate crowds is the fact that visiting fans will eventually have a new West Stand, decent toilets, cover from the rain and quality concession outlets. People are more likely to travel if they know the fan experience is guaranteed to be a good one.
Also, if Matt Ellis can realise his ambitions of making Wakefield Trinity an exciting competitive team then results will always be unpredictable as opposed to knowing your team will win at Belle Vue which also makes for a better match experience.

When Glover was in charge & pushing cheap tickets we were getting 7 of 8000 most home games & we got 10000 at home to Leeds back then. There is still a lot of latent support for the club in the city, it’s just being in the doldrums for that long it became an object of derision. This guy appears to be the real deal and hopefully will get those stay away fans back on board. He’s talking about a new training facility now, I’m still pinching myself! 

• Like 2