EURO 2020 ('21) THREAD

I thought Grealish was great again when he was on. The way England kept the ball those last few minutes was most un-England like, I've watched teams that literally couldn't string 5 passes together. Great stuff.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

The way England kept the ball those last few minutes was most un-England like, I've watched teams that literally couldn't string 5 passes together. Great stuff.

Yes, that was seriously impressive - Denmark desperate to score and they just could not get near the ball.

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We'll , we've got there , now can we turn over the Italians ? 🤔

Yes, this England team is carrying the one thing that other ones haven’t - that slice of luck at the right time. Those small things that can influence the game are going our way for once.

• Thanks 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

An oddly soft penalty for England but we were well on top. But ...
Go woke, make the first final since 1966.

• Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Bits of luck with the penalty decision and then the kick that we just never had in big games , so maybe thats a good omen . Got to say though i thought the Kane one was a stonecold pen. Chuffed though . Sterling was immense i thought 

Edited by DavidM

Freely admit that I don't watch much football but I can't understand why, when Sterling and Trippier started making real inroads down the right wing with only a few minutes left, they didn't carry on and try and finish the job rather than waste time.

It all seems so bloody negative to me.

• Like 2

England RU Coach Eddie Jones : "I spent a bit of time up at Hull and I like the full back there Connor, he's a tough, skilful player"

Jake Connor : "I've never played Union, it doesn't look that hard, you never say never but it looks too boring for me"

A bit of luck getting the penalty, another bit of luck when the rebound fell so easily for Kane to score on the second chance.

Basically, the kind of thing that almost always seems to happen to England's opponents. Like people always say, these things even out... finally!

• Thanks 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Fortunate penalty but well deserved, we dominated from 60 minutes on.

For once, we were the better team. I can't believe it, so happy to finally see it. 

My boy is 7, and I slightly resent the fact that he hasn't experienced the pain I have at 37!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It was a ' fortunate ' penalty , probably due a bit of luck , doubt we'll be able to rely on that on Sunday 

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Bits of luck with the penalty decision and then the kick that we just never had in big games , so maybe thats a good omen . Got to say though i thought the Kane one was a stonecold pen. Chuffed though . Sterling was immense i thought 

image.jpeg.23613108efeb7c70d4c10d640b88d274.jpeg

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

As an Italian presenter pointed out on their TV coverage " footballs diving home " 😉

This from an Italian 🤔 , makes you feel proud 😂

They dont do irony

Sterling couldn’t hit a barn door from beyond 5yds out. But what a player at creating mayhem to the defence…

Good won tonight. Came from behind to deservedly won the game. Bit of steel in the team, which is great to see. The ice cream men are favourites on Sunday but I wouldn’t bet against us…

14 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Sterling couldn’t hit a barn door from beyond 5yds out. But what a player at creating mayhem to the defence…

Good won tonight. Came from behind to deservedly won the game. Bit of steel in the team, which is great to see. The ice cream men are favourites on Sunday but I wouldn’t bet against us…

Aye I know. He's only got three this tournament.

• Haha 2

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah