2022 signings

Evs62

If we’d done any more business you’d reckon we’d have heard about it by now. Whether we’re looking at DR or loans I don’t know , but we look light in some areas for this level at present 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Last i heard they were having talks as he was the highest earner so it would depend if he wanted to carry on trying to be fit and if he would accept a reduced deal. I hope he does as he's one of the best players outside SL for me.

Yeah he definitely would be a great addition in our back line for this year and would add a lot off experience 

I’m sure everybody connected with the club are working there butts off to get it right,weather they get it right is another matter, but I’m sure it won’t be for the lack of trying.we just need to hold on tight and hope to hell we can survive the season utt

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Town blue white said:

With days to go till our first hit out. The silence is deafening from the club about anything. Am I the only one just a bit concerned for the season ahead?

No doubt they'll ramp it up for next week but they haven't exactly generated any excitement for a new dawn, i'm looking forward to it and the players will be ready but it just feels a bit flat.

• Like 6

Hopefully there will still be some announcements to address key areas but its also neccessary to be mindful that its a hard working group who will have been working to a budget at the club. Everyone wants the best for the club so a little frustration is understandable. 

I suspect the Barrow game will be a bit of a non-event as Chris has already said he’s going to give every player a run out including some amateur trialists. It’ll be one of those where you won’t have the same team on the field for more than ten minutes at a time when he’s trying to give 25-30 players a go. It’ll be constant chopping and changing. It is just about getting the lads back into full contact rather than it being a coherent game of RL. Score line will be totally irrelevant.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

I suspect the Barrow game will be a bit of a non-event as Chris has already said he’s going to give every player a run out including some amateur trialists. It’ll be one of those where you won’t have the same team on the field for more than ten minutes at a time when he’s trying to give 25-30 players a go. It’ll be constant chopping and changing. It is just about getting the lads back into full contact rather than it being a coherent game of RL. Score line will be totally irrelevant.

The Barrow coach has said similar on a video clip on their media pages, they have some COVID issues just now and he will be playing a lot of the triaists they have traning with his team at the moment. 

32 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

The Barrow coach has said similar on a video clip on their media pages, they have some COVID issues just now and he will be playing a lot of the triaists they have traning with his team at the moment. 

Also said hes hes never seen their pitch as heavy. So wont be a great spectacle at all. Save my excitement for the week after.

I am half expecting some kind of dual registration link up to be announced to plug any holes but I'm really hoping that a lot of towns squad can successfully make the step up to championship level, we have had our fingers burned too many times signing players on reputation on big money,time to have faith in the coach's ability to improve the current squad 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pmac said:

ive just been to the barrow v hull academy and the pitch is spot on ,no sign of it been heavy 

Cresta getting in first with mind games, ha ha

3 hours ago, pmac said:

ive just been to the barrow v hull academy and the pitch is spot on ,no sign of it been heavy 

That's what he was saying. Academy game, the women have training on it and the 1st team. All.before the match on Sunday. Hope it holds up to allow both teams and fans to have a good game

14 hours ago, Route66 said:

I am half expecting some kind of dual registration link up to be announced to plug any holes but I'm really hoping that a lot of towns squad can successfully make the step up to championship level, we have had our fingers burned too many times signing players on reputation on big money,time to have faith in the coach's ability to improve the current squad 

I think we've got 27 signed on so i think it's unlikely we'll add to that, could be wrong.

Edited by homeandawayer

18 hours ago, townie88 said:

Also said hes hes never seen their pitch as heavy. So wont be a great spectacle at all. Save my excitement for the week after.

Heavy or not heavy, rugby league should not be thought of as a pampered dry weather snooker table sport, teams and players and coaches should be able to adapt to the challenges of all seasons, winter rugby is part of its history and has its own entertaining challenges. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Heavy or not heavy, rugby league should not be thought of as a pampered dry weather snooker table sport, teams and players and coaches should be able to adapt to the challenges of all seasons, winter rugby is part of its history and has its own entertaining challenges. 

Hogwash, the game is much faster, skillful, entertaining and more comfortable to watch thanks to summer rugby. What pleasure is there watching 2 teams on a freezing wet drenching day, with players up to their ankles bogged down in a sea of mud. 

No Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Ringo said:

But destroying the pitch for the sake of a preseason friendly might not be an attractive proposition for Barrow.

31 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

But destroying the pitch for the sake of a preseason friendly might not be an attractive proposition for Barrow.

Well they get a nosebleed if they travel up the A595, especially for friendlies! 😉

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

24 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Remember going to Haven must be 30 years ago to watch a new year's day game, I think and it was a nil all draw in a mudbath. That was rugby in the good old days. Read Cec Thompsons book recently and it brought it all back.

Hot oxo on frozen fingers was the norm.

Boxing Day 1993 that 0-0 draw was. Cracking game despite the lack of points.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

4 minutes ago, Alineden said:

No you're not the only one.

I was at the Kendal v Reds football match a couple of weeks ago, met a lad from Seaton, he'd had a few beers. He told me that they'd signed Jesse Joe Parker and 3 Aussies, but keep it quiet.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brookie said:

I was at the Kendal v Reds football match a couple of weeks ago, met a lad from Seaton, he'd had a few beers. He told me that they'd signed Jesse Joe Parker and 3 Aussies, but keep it quiet.

I’ve also heard about the three Aussies but didn’t know weather to believe it,maybe there’s something in it after all ??