Newcastle Thunder chairman Mick Hogan steps down

I don't expect it changes much to be honest but Mick has been excellent for both Thunder and Falcons. Mick has business commitments and they are taking his time.

Whoever replaces Mick has big shoes to fill as he's liked and respected for the work he's done.

But still a big loss and will be interested to see who comes in.

Sounds like bad news to me. Our clubs aren't big organisations: one good or bad senior person can make a big difference to how effective they are. Hope Newcastle continue to be as effective in the future, they are one of the clubs who make me feel optimistic.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

It surprises me why rugby league never seem to follow other businesses and have successors named,if not in place,for a smooth transition.

I was even more surprised the other code haven't done that.( Falcons )

Isn't there a specific date,pre-season,when the RFL require the names of those responsible for leading the clubs? 

If the World Cup role was known about,in advance,it adds even more confusion.

I must be old fashioned...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

The self made billionaire ?

Which counts for zilch if all he's on is an ego trip and pushing his sports company , ask NUFC fans, left them certainties for relegation, until the Saudis rescued them, which I expect they'll do.

21 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It surprises me why rugby league never seem to follow other businesses and have successors named,if not in place,for a smooth transition.

I was even more surprised the other code haven't done that.( Falcons )

Isn't there a specific date,pre-season,when the RFL require the names of those responsible for leading the clubs? 

If the World Cup role was known about,in advance,it adds even more confusion.

I must be old fashioned...

Fair point but I guess time will tell. We're lucky to have some good people at Thunder still. For what it's worth I hope Mick still has some involvement with rugby league as he's a real asset for the sport.

I really want Thunder to do well. Moving from West stand (4,000 ish seats) to East Stand (380) does show ticket sales are limited however. 

It's $64m question over how to improve gates, which is one of final pieces in jigsaw, to build on successful community work and improvement on field. 

Hopefully 2 to 3 steady years in second tier will help 

https://www.thunderrugby.co.uk/article/242/east-stand-for-newcastle-thunder-in-2022

19 minutes ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

I really want Thunder to do well. Moving from West stand (4,000 ish seats) to East Stand (380) does show ticket sales are limited however. 

It's $64m question over how to improve gates, which is one of final pieces in jigsaw, to build on successful community work and improvement on field. 

Hopefully 2 to 3 steady years in second tier will help 

https://www.thunderrugby.co.uk/article/242/east-stand-for-newcastle-thunder-in-2022

It seems a better experience for fans and presumably they can make more money from it. They have also said they will open up other sides of the ground as required and the terraces will still be available. It doesn't seem too big a deal to me.

3 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Yeah. I was trying to think of how this apparent downsizing might in any way represent a good thing.

It says in the article, they want fans to watch the game in an electric atmosphere, presumably more likely in a packed small stand than with fans rattling around in a big one. And it also says they’ll open the bigger stand for big games.  Sounds sensible to me. 

Archived