Jump to content

Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)


Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

None of your games can be televised because you play in a massively oversized stadium and are thus a part of the problem. We´ve done this many times, it´s not Giants fault (even though their owner could build something else) and it´s not your  fault the league remains so weak a team with a 20% capacity at best is still in the top flight but it´s awful for the sport. 

Wakefield are at least finally updating their ground but the sport can´t carry three teams (Salford, Wakefield and Giants) whose vast majority of games aren´t able to be televised if we want to start to claw back any of that tv deal. 

I look forward to next year when Wakey or Salford improve, there´s no financial cheating and doping against the team coming up and they either shape up or get binned. 

Surely the strength of the league is based on playing standards?

Huddersfield are where they are on merit and seem to be getting a lot of things right at 1st team level and with junior development. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


57 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yes but empty seats makes the product look ###### and in the UK culture where the main sport is packed it is a problem. We aren´t Australia, despite what so many on here would wish when defending sub par crowds. 

So why have games on TV at all if all that matters is how the stands look? people watch the broadcasts primarily to watch the game that is being broadcast, i do and 90% of the time i don't even consider if the stands look good and i 100% don't think a club is 'at risk' if there is.

Who, apart from you obviously, turn on the tv for a sporting event and judge it on the size of the crowd in attendance and immediately judge the 'product' from that?

Get a flaming grip!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

So why have games on TV at all if all that matters is how the stands look? people watch the broadcasts primarily to watch the game that is being broadcast, i do and 90% of the time i don't even consider if the stands look good and i 100% don't think a club is 'at risk' if there is.

Who, apart from you obviously, turn on the tv for a sporting event and judge it on the size of the crowd in attendance and immediately judge the 'product' from that?

Get a flaming grip!!!

Again, we were talking about franchising and what clubs would be at risk. Please learn to read before responding.

Great, you don´t consider the optics of the sport but you are a someone posting on a rugby league forum so not exactly representative of the nuetral viewers sky need to justify us paying it and sky do consider optics. You´re all right, nothing is wrong with the game, we just lost 15 million quid a year in tv deal but no worries. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Surely the strength of the league is based on playing standards?

Huddersfield are where they are on merit and seem to be getting a lot of things right at 1st team level and with junior development. 

Strength in what sense? Commercial strength probably not. Again it´s the other thread but the second any clubs propose franchising current strength goes in the bin. You go on a large amount of criteria and other clubs tick boxes giants do with other benefits. 

 

Edited by ShropshireBull
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Why are Leeds and Wire still repeatedly shown despite their seasons? 

One is a bigger market and both get healthy crowds that look good on telly.

Having many teams challenging tbf does throw up more tv worthy games and in Giants case the academy is putting money bacl but so do Newcastle with their academy in a wider marlet (academy structure another conversation tbh) but sky will still endeavor to make sure it doesnt involve giants at home for said reasons. 

Because they know we ( other clubs fans ) want to see them lose , we couldn't care less how many full or empty seats are behind them as they're stood behind the sticks while somebody puts another 2 points on them 😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Again, we were talking about franchising and what clubs would be at risk. Please learn to read before responding.

Great, you don´t consider the optics of the sport but you are a someone posting on a rugby league forum so not exactly representative of the nuetral viewers sky need to justify us paying it and sky do consider optics. You´re all right, nothing is wrong with the game, we just lost 15 million quid a year in tv deal but no worries. 

 

wrong thread mate, this is about attendances, ie people in the ground watching the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, daz39 said:

wrong thread mate, this is about attendances, ie people in the ground watching the game.

So dont respond to a conversation in a thread where somone else brought it up to which I responded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Over 13,000 tickets sold for tonight’s Wigan V Toulouse game.

Is there some kind of promotion on  because that's an excellent pre sale amount for a Toulouse game? Or a bounce brought about by the Cup success I wonder?

Twitter: @TrylineUK
Latest Blog: How do you stop St Helens?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Is there some kind of promotion on  because that's an excellent pre sale amount for a Toulouse game? Or a bounce brought about by the Cup success I wonder?

A lot of promotion for this one, they are doing an Armed Forced celebration, so assume they have been targeting them with tickets. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

A lot of promotion for this one, they are doing an Armed Forced celebration, so assume they have been targeting them with tickets. 

Good on them, finally getting their act together. Have they made a new appointment in the commercial department as Wigan seem to be showing much more positivity in operations recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Good on them, finally getting their act together. Have they made a new appointment in the commercial department as Wigan seem to be showing much more positivity in operations recently.

To be fair I do think they tend to make an effort once or twice a year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Dave T said:

To be fair I do think they tend to make an effort once or twice a year. 

14,493 at Wigan tonight. Comfortably their highest attendance of the season against Toulouse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

14,493 at Wigan tonight. Comfortably their highest attendance of the season against Toulouse.

We don't need to go down a weird propoganda route like we did with Toronto, pretending they were the draw. 😆

Wigan making real effort should be applauded. 

What it shows is that effort delivers results. Who'd have thought it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

We don't need to go down a weird propoganda route like we did with Toronto, pretending they were the draw. 😆

Wigan making real effort should be applauded. 

What it shows is that effort delivers results. Who'd have thought it? 

It was more that they were all local fans mate rather than TO being a draw. Shows they exist!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Scubby said:

It was more that they were all local fans mate rather than TO being a draw. Shows they exist!

Yup, Wigan probably have 50 or 60k fans (or some similarly ludicrous number) the vast majority are lapsed or pick and choose matches. Too often we (all our clubs) just think if we open the gates they'll come. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

How many at Warrington? Can’t have been much more than 7k?

I flicked on in the second half and thought there was a fire drill evacuation going on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Think it was announced as about 8,200 mate?

That's how many have asked for their money back 

Citing the trade descriptions act 😉

Edited by GUBRATS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...