Thu 10th Feb: SL: St Helens v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 SKY

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

On 09/02/2022 at 20:30, Jughead said:

I love the opening day of the Super League season. It’s one of my favourite dates in the calendar and starting the season with a replay of the previous year’s Grand Final is a great way to start a new season and this particular game is no exception. It’s most people’s favourites playing each other in week one and I’m really looking forward to this game. 

Saints have lost experienced heads in Coote, Naiqama and Fages but have some superb potential in Welsby and Dodd replacing two of those three as first choice and the depth added in the off-season in Sironen, Hopoate, Hurrell, Lussick and Bell just makes them look stronger than in 2021. Catalans’ losing James Maloney could have been a huge blow but Mitchell Pearce as a replacement could be huge for them and adding Dylan Napa and Tyrone May to a squad that already included Sam Tomkins, Tom Davies, Dean Whare and Arthur Mourgue makes them look far stronger and tougher than they proved to be in 2021. Aside from Derby games, I can’t think of a bigger way to start a season than this particular game. 

Good summary

If everyone is playing for the dragons this could be very tight. 

Saints by 2 to 6

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roby escapes the end of season nudie run. Fair enough - nobody wants to see grey pubes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Three consecutive titles isn't exactly chopped liver, is it?

It's not unprecedented and if they maintain it we can start to bring them into the discussion about best ever. But not yet.

Why does Walmsley fall over every time he gets up from a tackle and roll three yards forward.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

Why does Walmsley fall over every time he gets up from a tackle and roll three yards forward.

Big tautai fan apparently...

I wish refs would penalise all that arms in the air claiming penalties rubbish, its never going to get a ref to give one for them and its just stupid.

Just now, Northern Eel said:

You would think Catalans would be in the ear of the ref to 'point it out'?

Yeah he does that every tackle, has been for years and it goes on.

You know kinda like when McCaw entered rucks sideways in Union for years and the ref did nothing

I'm not sure when I last saw Hurrell looking this focused and effective. I may have to rethink my opinion of Saints for signing him.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived