Mon 4th Apr: Ch: Newcastle Thunder v Widnes Vikings KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Newcastle Thunder
    • Widnes Vikings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/22 at 19:15

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of Widnes connections in the Thunder coaching staff and players.  Can't imagine there's going to be too many away fans going up to Newcastle on a Monday night.

15 hours ago, JonM said:

Plenty of Widnes connections in the Thunder coaching staff and players.  Can't imagine there's going to be too many away fans going up to Newcastle on a Monday night.

Believe there's a couple of coaches going up and there will be a few like me who make their own way.

I'd guess at 150 -200

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

13 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Believe there's a couple of coaches going up and there will be a few like me who make their own way.

I'd guess at 150 -200

i'm contemplating going up on the train - pretty quick from York. 

150-200 would be Widnes lowest away following of the season by some distance I suspect, except perhaps Fev.

Think this one's going to be close.

Hopefully we can put on a good show on Premier Sports and add something to the success of Monday night rugby so far this season.

Well done to any Widnes fans making the trip, not the easiest on a Monday.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Hard to call this one, I think these two will be the two teams that are talked about for the playoffs but both miss out. Can't split them so going to go for a draw.

Yes, my pre-season prediction was 7th and 8th, haven't seen anything to change my mind yet.

Widnes have only beaten Thunder away once, in 2001.

2 minutes ago, Thunder fan said:

Looking forward to the game, hopefuly we have as many first team players back from injury as possible, come on thunder!

Yes should be a cracker and one Thunder should be looking to win. 

Both played 6 games, Widnes 4 wins,  Newcastle 3 wins, but the telling thing is Widnes have 75 points difference better than Thunder, Widnes scored 57 points more and conceded 18 less, I will go with the same pattern and predict a Widnes win with a margin of 12 to 18 points.

Archived