Fri 15th Apr : SL : Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 12:30 SKY

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Hull FC

5 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Coote and Parcell have led this HKR team well today. Hull FC currently have no one leading the team around the park.

Spine players make a huge difference. Danny Houghton needs to be moved on. The game is just too fast for him now. He doesn't have a running or kicking game to be a threat anymore. Either that of move him to 13 as a defensive lock.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quality of some of the passing has been of such a low standard. That being said. A quick FC try could change everything.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, EastLondonMike said:

The quality of some of the passing has been of such a low standard. That being said. A quick FC try could change everything.

Hull actually try-ing would be a vast improvement on what they’ve served up this second half. 

First half was evenly matched and the scoreboard reflected that.

Second half was completely one-sided and the scoreboard reflected that.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I’ve just seen Kane Evans in a Hull shirt and I actually have no recollection of his name being mentioned throughout that game. 

We could have Catalans v Toulouse, Hull KR v Hull FC, Saints v Wigan and Cas v Fev next year in a “rivals round”. Exciting. 

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Is he playing? 

Come on - Connor's had a big influence on the final score.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Under Radford we saw some utterly spineless performances where the team just threw the towel in when things started to go wrong. Today the effort was always very good. I'm not sure what's worse. Giving up, or trying your best still and being a million miles from where you need to be.

Our execution (passing and kicking), decision making, organision, discipline, communication. Every aspect of our performance with ball in hand was a 1/10 today, and that's being kind.

Reynolds and Gale playing together are a liability and just cause everything to break down. I know Connor had a bad game too but he was trying his hardest to make something happen from the scraps he was getting. The team is built around Connor, and one of primary goals of the other half backs should be to get him some good quality ball. We were doing that very well before Gale came back from his ban, and now everything has just fallen apart. Either he needs to fall back into purely an organising role, or else he needs to be dropped from the side altogether. 

I've generally being positive about Hodgson and the direction he has been taking us. It's definitely true that our commitment and our goal line defence has improved under him. But when I see us play like that with the ball I have to wonder if it's ever going to work out.

1 minute ago, MZH said:

Under Radford we saw some utterly spineless performances where the team just threw the towel in when things started to go wrong. Today the effort was always very good. I'm not sure what's worse. Giving up, or trying your best still and being a million miles from where you need to be.

Our execution (passing and kicking), decision making, organision, discipline, communication. Every aspect of our performance with ball in hand was a 1/10 today, and that's being kind.

Reynolds and Gale playing together are a liability and just cause everything to break down. I know Connor had a bad game too but he was trying his hardest to make something happen from the scraps he was getting. The team is built around Connor, and one of primary goals of the other half backs should be to get him some good quality ball. We were doing that very well before Gale came back from his ban, and now everything has just fallen apart. Either he needs to fall back into purely an organising role, or else he needs to be dropped from the side altogether. 

I've generally being positive about Hodgson and the direction he has been taking us. It's definitely true that our commitment and our goal line defence has improved under him. But when I see us play like that with the ball I have to wonder if it's ever going to work out.

Teams succeed on 1, 6, 7 and 9. Hull had 100s of games of experience in 6, 7 and 9 today and were miles off. I made a post about Houghton earlier and for me he is done if Hull want to go on. If you play Gale you need a damaging runner at 6 and at 9. You need someone who can threaten with a running game and control with a kicking game. He is currently just a pass and tackle man (basically an effort player where you need a spine player)

Agree the effort is there.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Teams succeed on 1, 6, 7 and 9. Hull had 100s of games of experience in 6, 7 and 9 today and were miles off. I made a post about Houghton earlier and for me he is done if Hull want to go on. If you play Gale you need a damaging runner at 6 and at 9. You need someone who can threaten with a running game and control with a kicking game. He is currently just a pass and tackle man (basically an effort player where you need a spine player)

Agree the effort is there.

Houghton is indeed a problem, and he's a problem that could be solved by putting Lovodua at 9. But then what do we do with the halves because ideally I would want Lovodua at 6. The young hooker Balmforth that we recently signed from Warrington looks a prospect. It would be a big ask to just stick him in and expect him to fix it though.

12 minutes ago, Live after death said:

People ask why is Connor not an England player, well there  it is, goes missing against any decent team.

Connor had a poor game today but it wasn't because he went missing, he was guilty of overplaying and pushing too many risky passes.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

54 minutes ago, MZH said:

Another embarrassment. It won't happen, especially when one of them is club captain, but if Hodgson had the bottle and was basing it on performances then Gale and Reynolds would be playing in the reserves for the foreseeable future. We looked miles better with McNamara and Lovodua.

Completely agree. Our form plummeted since they returned. Balance of the side is totally off.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

16-4 sounds like a close game. This was anything but and Rovers could and should have put another 30 points on Hull today. The Black and Whites are currently a complete shambles, carrying too many passengers. Warrington will be really fancying their chances on Monday (and why wouldn't they?).

43 minutes ago, MZH said:

We knew we were never world beaters. But we were quietly playing some decent rugby and starting to look like a proper team. Gale comes in and suddenly we look like a championship team. He's only played 5 games, maybe he will turn it around, but I haven't seen a worse half back play for Hull in the superleague era. I didn't think Chris Thorman's disastrous spell at the club could be beaten, but he's well on track.

Reynolds has been awful too, but at least I've seen him have good games for Hull before. Gale is beyond useless.

Up until sneyd, hull fc was a place where most halfbacks careers go to die.

If you go back through the list, some bloody awful performances 

44 minutes ago, MZH said:

We knew we were never world beaters. But we were quietly playing some decent rugby and starting to look like a proper team. Gale comes in and suddenly we look like a championship team. He's only played 5 games, maybe he will turn it around, but I haven't seen a worse half back play for Hull in the superleague era. I didn't think Chris Thorman's disastrous spell at the club could be beaten, but he's well on track.

Reynolds has been awful too, but at least I've seen him have good games for Hull before. Gale is beyond useless.

Double post 

Archived