Thurs 21st July : SL : Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO : 20:00 SKY

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

That’s why i asked the question 

The answer as implied is you had a #£@& view. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just on my way back to Wigan with my tail between my legs. As much as that hurt and was pretty dire, I can find a couple of positives in it. One is that I think it’ll do is some good in the long run and refocus minds. The other is just how good Harry Newman was. That lad can be anything if he stays injury free and is an absolute shoe in for the World Cup. On that evidence he’ll add a lot to the side. It’s the attitudes of guys like him and Welsby which will bring so much. They won’t be intimidated by anybody and hopefully it’ll rub off on the whole team. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Horrible. Sam Powell is struggling to throw a pass from dummy half. All over the place.

He's better off throwing punches, absolute sh##house

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, meast said:

Wonder if the clueless Leeds fans still think the ref is a self pleasurer?

Not half as clueless as Huddersfield last week 

2 hours ago, meast said:

How can you give a try when you dive through the legs of your team mate, thus interfering with the marker?

If that's anywhere else on the field it's surely a penalty for incorrect play the ball or obstruction?

Is it so not to upset Newman, his dad and Leeds again?

There was no marker so no obstruction, also all defenders were offside

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Thought Leeds were unwise to rest in Toulouse.  Shows what I know.  Looks like Saints are going to win shield again but we have a top 2 playoff battle top 6 battle and a relegation battle.  

We didn’t rest anyone in Toulouse they were all injured 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meast said:

How can you give a try when you dive through the legs of your team mate, thus interfering with the marker?

If that's anywhere else on the field it's surely a penalty for incorrect play the ball or obstruction?

Is it so not to upset Newman, his dad and Leeds again?

It was the right thing to do by the official’s giving the try. We wouldn’t have wanted Harry to have another “Scanners” moment because this time his head might’ve exploded.
Give the try and don’t upset the Newman’s. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Josef K said:

It was the right thing to do by the official’s giving the try. We wouldn’t have wanted Harry to have another “Scanners” moment because this time his head might’ve exploded.
Give the try and don’t upset the Newman’s. 

That's what I thought, maybe it was just too soon to upset them again?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scubby said:

He needs a good run for sure. If it's not this WC though it will be the next few years. He is all class.

I agree he is a class act in the making and I am all for player's showing aggression but Newman is bordering on being one of the games 'Grubs', loves to give it out but doesn't want it back, my thoughts go to the WC and if we play Aus there is every chance he could be opposite "King Grub" Latteral Mitchell, Newman would be well advised to calm it down somewhat for self preservation purposes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Padge said:

In the ground as a supporter is probably the worst view.even with a screen.

The problem at the grounds is that the score and clock banner runs right along the bottom of the big screen so anyone watching them in the grounds can't actually see the grounding or anything happening.

Surely it's not hard for Sky to remove the banner for things like this or just move it to the top of the screen?

Mind you the positioning of the screen at Leeds is awful if you're on the western terrace.

• Like 1

It was a really disappointing night from a Wigan point of view, but fortunately not so out of the blue that it would seriously knock my confidence. The truth is we've played in a similar manner a few times this season. I think the difference tonight is that Leeds were really enthusiastic and played well for the whole 80 minutes. It was a similar performance to the Catalans and Toulouse away games, where the defence is just so passive and lacking enthusiasm and when it comes to attacking nothing seemed to be going right. The Toulouse away performance was obviously masked by the late comeback where everything just happened to go right for us and wrong for them.

Right from the start things just seemed off. Cust couldn't even get his passes to go anywhere near the right man and every pass just seemed to be too far in front or behind the man so there was no rhythm. A bad day at the office of which we've had a few this year. What we need to do is respond. We had two defeats in May where we conceded 63 points over both games, so not the end of the world, just a wake up call that we've still got a lot to focus on to reach the level of Saints.

Fair play to Leeds though, they were very good throughout and could easily have put plenty more points on us.

As for the controversial Newman try, ref just made a mistake but it really shows the ridiculousness of the procedure that the video ref looks at that and says he's going with the on field call. When diving through the legs Newman knocks Handley into Marshall and prevents him from making a tackle. It should have been a Leeds penalty for Farrell being offside. Fortunately it's not important in the grand scheme of things but it's one of those interesting decisions that crop up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I agree he is a class act in the making and I am all for player's showing aggression but Newman is bordering on being one of the games 'Grubs', loves to give it out but doesn't want it back, my thoughts go to the WC and if we play Aus there is every chance he could be opposite "King Grub" Latteral Mitchell, Newman would be well advised to calm it down somewhat for self preservation purposes.

Would be inclined to agree with what you said there but grub is a bit harsh. Maybe he's turning into one of those players that people love to hate because they are that good. Welsby and Tomkins come to mind.

15 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Would be inclined to agree with what you said there but grub is a bit harsh. Maybe he's turning into one of those players that people love to hate because they are that good. Welsby and Tomkins come to mind.

Last night before his unwarranted facial on Field, it was noticable that on another couple of occasions he was shoving and pulling after the tackles he was involved in and even after the play the ball.

Years ago when we had our protectors these kind of players would have to stand up as real hard men, or lie down after suffering the consequences of their actions.

That said he is a rare talent, and I hope his attitude doesn't get the better of him,

• Like 2